Thiago Alcantara | Pool bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
That's one hell of a Liverpool team. Second only to Bayern and PSG.
You think so?

Mane Firmino Salah
Thiago Wijnaldum
Fabinho
Robertson van Dijk Gomez Arnold
Alisson

vs

Lewandowski
Sane Müller Gnabry
Kimmich Goretzka
Davies Alaba Süle Pavard
Neuer

vs

Neymar Mbappe Di Maria
Verratti Paredes
Herrera
Bernat Kimbempe Marquinhos Florenzi
Navas

Paris has the best attacking line but has many players that fall short quality wise. Paredes, Bernat, Navas, Herrera and Florenzi aren't CL contender quality. Bayern vs Liverpool is interesting but in total I'd give it to Liverpool. Their defense is something else, Mane and Salah are top 10 players in the world and with Thiago, their midfield is a true gem, too. They've assembled an amazing team for relatively small money.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
There are lots of managerial decisions in football that look stupid with hindsight but at the time made at least some sense (United hiring Mou, Bayern hiring Ancelotti, Barca hiring Valverde) but United hiring Moyes stands alone in my mind for incompetence because he was given absolute free reign to dismantle a title winning team. That would be fine if he was coming in from a top club and had won trophies because you give more flexibility to managers with the right track records but what's staggering is he came in and essentially thought the best thing to do would be just recreate his Everton setup on a larger scale...
I think the praise that people used to throw on him got to his head and he malfunctioned

murali_red

Incorrect. It hasn't all been Klopp but of course he is a major reason.

They knew they couldn't compete financially so they brought in the correct people at board level.

Edwards is a major reason for their success along with their statician based scouting too.

Remember Klopp wanted Brandt not Salah. Edwards convinced him on Salah.

The fact they have so much less money than us shows how much better their owners run them. If Ed or the Glazers wanted to they too in these 8 years post Fergie could have hired sporting directors etc that know what they are doing.

The fact they don't show their incompetence knows no limits.
Not less money, they spent good amount of money as well but spend well. We spend but as per wishes of Moyes, what a clown and LVG's outdated philosophies and Mourinho who needs specific players. That was a major problem. I am sure if same amount of support was provided any progressive manager with long term vision or club vision we would have been in a much better place. Moyes never had a clue what he was doing, LVG had different philosophy, Mourinho was also focused on his own success and ego, so we rebuilt the team thrice with actually building it.
The Glazers are businessman, you can't expect full footballing knowledge or decisions, it is upto the Manager and other staff who were already in place and well oiled from SAF era, still I think they did decent job depending on what the manager wants, but not fully. In hindsight no amount on money or players given to the last 3 managers would have brought us success or so the owners did ok in a way.
It's unfortunate that Ole is not getting the support fully enough to build a title challenging team in a year.

Hypothetically can I think we should agree that klopp would have won us a title by now.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

This seems accurate to me. I think that's around €23m with €7m in add-ons? Not sure of the current currency exchange.

Add-ons include PL and/or CL titles, apparently.
That makes it more like 22m euros and 5.5m euros in add one, that's why I'm slightly skeptical about that. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Varun

Staff
Flick:
He's a wonderful person and an outstanding professional. It was very emotional today when he said goodbye to us all. My coaching team and I enjoyed working with him. I can only congratulate Liverpool as they got a great player and especially a great person.

Status
Not open for further replies.