Thiago Alcantara | Pool bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

If he's available for a good fee, you have to go for him.

He's an incredible footballer and he's a good safety net in case Pogba leaves.

trailertrash

Supports
Bayern Munich
Will be absolutely gutted if he leaves us. Very underrated and will definitely take Liverpool to places. Exactly what they need and exactly what Bayern can't afford to lose. Kimmich is amazing, but his attacking qualities don't even come close. He doesn't have that x-factor and while I somewhat agree that Kimmich has recently had his big decisive moments, I still think Thiago is the guy, who runs the show for Bayern.

Gordon S

Would love him here. Very technical midfielder who is also decent defensively. We play much more on the ground now under Ole, with more possession and more attacking intent so i honestly think he could play as a 6 for us.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't understand how he is 29 yet this badly rated compared to his talent. He's been very good for Bayern, consistently year in, year out. Possibly the most talent central midfielder outside Debruyne in the world, but somehow he still feels like an under the radar player despite playing for a club as big as Bayern. I understand that he has a bad injury record, but he has had a sufficient amount of games to get him to an iconic status at the club. Why didn't that happen for him?
He’s underwhelmed for the NT and in the big stages of the CL at basically every turn. It’s a given that he will perform in the Bundesliga.

RedStarUnited

Barca have somehow messed this up twice. They should be moving everything to get him back.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Barca have somehow messed this up twice. They should be moving everything to get him back.
And sell poor old Pjanic to Bayern. Now that I think of it: they should have swapped Arthur and Thiago

Judas

Open to offers
Can't see Liverpool paying what's needed to get him wages wise, but maybe they'll think he's worth it? Not sure what the rest of their big players are on generally.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Will be a great signing for Liverpool unfortunately.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't see Liverpool paying what's needed to get him wages wise, but maybe they'll think he's worth it? Not sure what the rest of their big players are on generally.
They haven't signed anyone of note in nearly 18 months. Think they can push the boat out for this guy.

Judas

Open to offers
They haven;t signed anyone of note in nearly 18 months. Think they can push the boat out for this guy.
Perhaps, but I'm just thinking of their wage structure. Thiago isn't going there to be paid peanuts. But as I said I've no idea what Liverpool pay their star players currently.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Well assuming you take that as it reads the stories are true then, he wants to move to Liverpool. Weird
Doesn't mean he will though. Werner was asking for us to sign him and it didn't happen.

Class of 93

Just an absolutely exquisite midfielder, and someone that will help Liverpool actually control games with the ball and not with raw pressing. It's the only signing Liverpool could make that would genuinely scare me as on all other fronts they have a pretty complete team. He also has a game that is completely independent of pace or physicality so he can go on for a few years too.

On why he's special: There are very few truly "press-resistant" midfielders in the world, even more so in the Regista role. Pjanic is one of them. Verrati is superb at this and Arthur isn't too bad either. Thiago is the poster boy and combines it with a passing range and vision that sets him apart. Before somebody bites my head off, Pogba is actually pretty decent too but he seems to invite pressure sometimes because he's so confident in holding people off and dribbling out of trouble. This often works, but can be dangerous from a purely probabilistic standpoint (i.e., you will have times it doesn't work)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Liverpool and City potentially adding Thiago and Koulibaly, and us and Chelsea doing our own bits in the transfermarket ... on paper it's shaping up to be the most difficult PL in a long while.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Will be a massive loss for Bayern. I don't understand why we wouldn't keep him for another year if the transfer fee is really that low.

Josh 76

Liverpool and City potentially adding Thiago and Koulibaly, and us and Chelsea doing our own bits in the transfermarket ... on paper it's shaping up to be the most difficult PL in a long while.
It will still be a two horse race.

Josh 76

Just an absolutely exquisite midfielder, and someone that will help Liverpool actually control games with the ball and not with raw pressing. It's the only signing Liverpool could make that would genuinely scare me as on all other fronts they have a pretty complete team. He also has a game that is completely independent of pace or physicality so he can go on for a few years too.

On why he's special: There are very few truly "press-resistant" midfielders in the world, even more so in the Regista role. Pjanic is one of them. Verrati is superb at this and Arthur isn't too bad either. Thiago is the poster boy and combines it with a passing range and vision that sets him apart. Before somebody bites my head off, Pogba is actually pretty decent too but he seems to invite pressure sometimes because he's so confident in holding people off and dribbling out of trouble. This often works, but can be dangerous from a purely probabilistic standpoint (i.e., you will have times it doesn't work)
Seriously over hyped.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It will still be a two horse race.
Yeah, but 3-4 place teams will actually be very strong too. Us and Chelsea aren't just building for next season anyway, it'll likely take a few years before we see our teams reach their full potentials.

flappyjay

Only on 70k a week apparently. Not much for a footballer as good as he is.
It looks like bayern players all have shite agents. Most of the guys would start for the likes of Madrid /Barca but are on spurs type wages. Their highest paid player was coutinho on apparently €24m gross:houllier:. I thought it can't be right until I saw that frenkie is on 20m a year too before taxes.

UnitedFan93

Not the type of signing United go for these days given his age/injury record. A few years back, and United would have been all over this.

Bondi77

No thanks,
Another club can give him his last bumper pay packet.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
We're not signing him, doesn't fit FSG transfer policy. Quite frankly i'm sick of the german league clubs flashing their tits with us over the years when it comes to thier most wanted and its only because of the Klopp connection. Gotze, Reus, Goretzka, Dahoud, Brandt, Werner and now Thiago. Following Werner's long distance lovesick relationship for the last 6 months was enough bullshit for me. I expect to read "Thiago Alcantara agrees contact extension or pre-contract agreement with Juventus etc" on Sky's golden banner in the coming days.

GBBQ

At 29 I don’t think he’s the player to bring longevity to what Liverpool are currently achieving.

Red00012

So we’ve a fully fit Pogba for a few games and results are going well so a few people think we don’t need him :nono:

arnie_ni

We should be all over this.

We struggle against defensive blocks.

We play 2 defensive fullbacks.

A midfield three of him, pogba and bruno, behind rashford, martial and sancho should see you winning 18 out of 20 games against the bottom half of the table quite comfortably.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Cheekiey

We signed Matic at 28, Thiago has just turned 29... I hope we don’t let the scousers and city have a free run at him

twitter thread suggester
He’s a terrific player and would instantly improve any team in the world. Really hope he goes to Spain or Italy.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool Echo: Despite being heavily linked with the midfielder, the ECHO understands that the rumours surrounding Liverpool’s interest in Thiago are unfounded.

Given the player’s age, the rumoured asking price (£30m) and the variety of options already at Klopp’s disposal, Liverpool are not thought to be in need of adding a player of Thiago’s ilk to their squad.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bayern-munich-ceo-green-lights-18540193
Almost 100% sure we won’t sign him but the echo is a garbage paper. Once the Liverpool in the loop journalists like Joyce Reddy etc denounce it that’ll be final.

Status
Not open for further replies.