Thiago Alcantara | Pool bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
He's slow, weak, and a mediocre passer. Scoring the odd cute goal doesn't make up for that. I might not watch Bayern week in week out but I pretty much watch all CL matches. Never been impressed by him.

What's this guy feeding you guys? No he wouldn't be starting for pretty much every team. Bayern simply have too much for the Bundesliga at this point.

Please tell me you guys don't really think Kimmich is as good as Thiago? I recall the Spurs game in which Kimmich scored a great goal but proceeded to do very little in the first half. In the second, Thiago came on and Kimmich was shifted to right back, and the difference was remarkable. Outside of scoring the odd good goal there's nothing Kiich does better than Thiago.
At this point i hope you're trolling for your own sake :lol:

patty123

every time I think of Moyes I think of him showing Ferdinand and Vidic videos of Phil fecking Jagielka and my blood boils.
You are aware rio debunked that last month

“I don’t know where that came from to be honest, that’s something that never happened,” Ferdinand told savage social .

“Listen, Phil Jagielka was a very good player. I’m sure he wouldn’t have shown us videos of Phil of how we should be doing this and that, but I don’t know where that came from. That’s just some mad tale that’s come out of nowhere.

“Someone has dreamed that up and it’s become a great meme.”

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I fecking hate Moyes, like literally fecking hate him. The feckwit didn’t get that he was no longer on a shoestring and managing Everton and decided that Fellaini was a better signing than Thiago, every time I think of Moyes I think of him showing Ferdinand and Vidic videos of Phil fecking Jagielka and my blood boils.
Not Rio. Just Vidic.

It’s been reported by legit sources that we turned down Thiago because we preferred Fabregas, not Fellaini btw.

SATA

I think it was Giggs who was against the signing of Thiago. He said it explicitly he wasn’t a United player. Also wasn’t it the case with Isco too? Saying his head is too big for his body or something along the line? It’s utterly ridiculous if all this is true

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I think it was Giggs who was against the signing of Thiago. He said it explicitly he wasn’t a United player. Also wasn’t it the case with Isco too? Saying his head is too big for his body or something along the line? It’s utterly ridiculous if all this is true
I seem to remember that Isco was deemed too slow.

E-mal

Very wrong, Giggs was never against his signing, he infact met him on one occasion. It was just Moyes who was not sure of him, he wanted the players he had scouted and knew quite well.
Part of the issue was that there was this believe that Cesc Fabregas was going to come and hence why Thiago was not pursued. He wanted Fabregas and Bale in his deluded world.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Anywhere but to those scouse cnuts or City for that matter.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He'd obviously be perfect for City as a David Silva replacement, really don't see him at Liverpool
There were rumours in Germany that he preferred a move to Liverpool.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He’s a wonderful, technical player. But he’s 29 and has a terrible injury record. He’d fit city, but the amount of high intensity running under Klopp would see him pick up a lot of soft tissue injuries I suspect. He’d be a fantastic rotational option for someone, but I don’t think you could rely on him to remain fit as a starter all season. Not even close.

prateik

Could have been a great player... Never got going.. no longer care what he does..

Red Stone

We don't really need him if Pogba stays. He's not good enough to play in our first choice midfield, and probably isn't willing to be a second-string midfielder for us. We need a midfield anchor, and Thiago is as far from that as they come.

Rolaholic

Reportedly nailed on to sign for Liverpool for a bargain fee of around 35m

Might need to throw up if it gets confirmed because having his passing and creative ability behind that front 3...:eek::(

RikRuud

Part of the Barcelona re-build perhaps. Not sure what his relationship is like with the club however.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

Might need to throw up when it gets confirmed because having his passing and creative ability behind that front 3...:eek::(
I really hope not

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

Might need to throw up if it gets confirmed because having his passing and creative ability behind that front 3...:eek::(
100% not true because enough german serious journalists have said in the last weeks that Thiago's price is at least €60m or he must stay till his contract runs out.

flappyjay

The only thing that truly scares me is if Liverpool get creative midfielders that fit their system.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
If Thiago is truly 35M then its a no brainer for any club to sign him, he's 29, 3-4 years in him, no real risk at that price.

beingshe7don

We don't really need him if Pogba stays. He's not good enough to play in our first choice midfield, and probably isn't willing to be a second-string midfielder for us. We need a midfield anchor, and Thiago is as far from that as they come.
We need depth if we plan on posing a title challenge especially if either Pogba or Bruno are injured or having a bad day. Thiago at 29 is still a force to reckon with.... His range of passing and creativity is second to none.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Probably make more sense to get him for free in January? (Probably sign a pre contract with Barca).

tjb

I don't understand how he is 29 yet this badly rated compared to his talent. He's been very good for Bayern, consistently year in, year out. Possibly the most talent central midfielder outside Debruyne in the world, but somehow he still feels like an under the radar player despite playing for a club as big as Bayern. I understand that he has a bad injury record, but he has had a sufficient amount of games to get him to an iconic status at the club. Why didn't that happen for him?

Stacks

Better than Fred Matic and McTom so is good enough

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Bayern's best midfielder for many years. I suppose only Kimmich this year can challenge him for that title.

He wants out, apparently wants to play for one more big club in the prime of his career.

An opportunity like this doesn't come by often. Every big club should be all over him, and I'm guessing behind closed doors that's exactly what's happening.

Prodigal7

That would be incredible from Liverpool’s perspective. Henderson must be shitting his pants

Mainoldo

His legs are gone. All the best to him. But he should just join the F2 guys on YouTube now.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Matheus Henrique of Gremio is the spits of him as a player. Whoever signs him from Gremio will be getting a better deal, imo.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
If he joins Liverpool they’ll be unplayable. The perfect midfielder for them. Incredible work ethic, great defensive contribution, one of the best dribblers in the world, calm on the ball, unique technical ability and near perfect passing. I’m a huge fan of him. I would absolutely hate to lose him.

Status
Not open for further replies.