Thiago Almada. United linked to 'New Messi'

Mark Pawelek

Maybe he is cheap alternative for Sancho?
They want £90m+ for Sancho but United capped player fees at £70m. Yet I don't see any £70m right-wingers available; so it looks like we're chasing this Argie for much less. It fits with United chasing other wonderkids too. At least the era of buying £20m - £30m squad quality players seems to be over!

gajender

They want £90m+ for Sancho but United capped player fees at £70m. Yet I don't see any £70m right-wingers available; so it looks like we're chasing this Argie for much less. It fits with United chasing other wonderkids too. At least the era of buying £20m - £30m squad quality players seems to be over!
Where are you getting this from.

gajender

Probably Nou Camp99
Haha you are probably right some of the posters on here seem to have strange urge to pass their opinion as definitive facts, Nou Camp99 is particularly guilty of that no thread seem to be safe from his incessant need to tell everybody how United won't be spending much this season.

I am of a opinion if Dortmund are willing to sell then we would definitely get Sancho even if it takes 100m euros or even bit more.

TheReligion

Abusive
From @christinaa in the gossip thread;

Manchester United have opened negotiations with Argentine side Velez Sarsfield to sign 19-year-old midfielder Thiago Almada, who has a £20m release clause and has also been linked with Arsenal. (Fichajes, in Spanish)

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Probably Nou Camp99
Sorry mate but you're getting a bit obsessed now.

Given the unprecedented times we are in and the huge amounts of revenue we are losing and will continue to lose I think it was a fair point to make.

I'd love to be proven wrong as he's class. No issue with admitting it if he comes to us. However we have no CL football guarantee and also a financial crisis and fans on here are acting like its a given he signs for us.

Bondi77

Manchester United have opened negotiations with Argentine side Velez Sarsfield to sign 19-year-old midfielder Thiago Almada, who has a £20m release clause and has also been linked with Arsenal. (Fichajes, in Spanish)
Wouldn’t there be an issue regarding a work permit?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sorry mate but you're getting a bit obsessed now.

Given the unprecedented times we are in and the huge amounts of revenue we are losing and will continue to lose I think it was a fair point to make.

I'd love to be proven wrong as he's class. No issue with admitting it if he comes to us. However we have no CL football guarantee and also a financial crisis and fans on here are acting like its a given he signs for us.
Firstly, it was a joke. And in any case, I’m just as obsessed as you are at spreading your particular brand of gospel. It amuses me. When I saw it yesterday in I think the Havertz thread, I was a couple words in before I knew and checked the poster, and it was you. I think the post started with ‘people are having a laugh/deceiving themselves. If they think we’re going to spend’.... something like that anyway. It is funny, to me. You have said your piece.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Firstly, it was a joke. And in any case, I’m just as obsessed as you are at spreading your particular brand of gospel. It amuses me. When I saw it yesterday in I think the Havertz thread, I was a couple words in before I knew and checked the poster, and it was you. I think the post started with ‘people are having a laugh/deceiving themselves. If they think we’re going to spend’.... something like that anyway. It is funny, to me. You have said your piece.
Fair enough. Leave it there now.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Go full argie and get him and Gaich for relatively cheap. Would be an exciting move.

Bondi77

Go full argie and get him and Gaich for relatively cheap. Would be an exciting move.
Totally agree on Gaich as he has been capped already.
Armada looks interesting but he is a big City fan and I think there would be too many posters in in mourning if we don’t get Sancho.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Totally agree on Gaich as he has been capped already.
Armada looks interesting but he is a big City fan and I think there would be too many posters in in mourning if we don’t get Sancho.
I think he's probably just had most contact with City's reps, rather than being a City fan. He'd quickly be a red if we bought him.

I am starting to think Sancho's price is going to stop him moving this summer. Will need Dortmund to lower his price - which I don't see happening.

Hammondo

Looks like a standard player. No problem if we get him cheap, worth the risk.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

As I said on the previous page, this fichajes don’t have their own source, they are quoting the Manchester evening news.

Bondi77

As I said on the previous page, this fichajes don’t have their own source, they are quoting the Manchester evening news.
So MEN just made it up or they have plucked it from some no name on Twitter then

jesperjaap

Like probably pretty much everybody, I would like us to sign Sancho, regardless of the cost this summer. However, due to Pogba probably not moving and also seeing it as unlikely we will make any significant departures transfer fee wise, I cant see us signing anymore than maybe Bellingham this summer if we splash the cash on him.

If we do fail on Sancho, it may at least allow us to sign three players rather than just two this summer. Arer there any south american fans that can actually give an opinion on Almeda though as this thread seems limited to youtube and FM

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Apparently Velez confirmed he's leaving this summer. Be interesting to see where he goes.