Thiago Almada

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The idea would be Almada to stay a couple of seasons at Sporting and then City could bring him "back" by paying a fee to be agreed by both clubs. Boca Juniors wants top dollar for this player, so negotiations are stalled.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Allegedly the deal is close to being finalized and Sporting get the player for 2 years.

So is City loaning him to us or do they still have to pay a cut price fee for him when the time comes?

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Allegedly the deal is close to being finalized and Sporting get the player for 2 years.

So is City loaning him to us or do they still have to pay a cut price fee for him when the time comes?
My guess would be loan that can become permanent in case City doesn't show interest in bringing the player back.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
My guess would be loan that can become permanent in case City doesn't show interest in bringing the player back.
What I read was that both clubs split the economic rights of the player with City only needing to buy back the remaining 50% of the economic rights to the player to take him back.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
What I read was that both clubs split the economic rights of the player with City only needing to buy back the remaining 50% of the economic rights to the player to take him back.
I suspect there's a ceiling for the 50% value, for sure. There are no free lunches.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Didn't play well last night but had the courage to take a 95th minute pen to send Velez through. Being linked to a few top clubs now, can't see him still being in Argie after Summer.