Thiago Silva and Edinson Cavani to leave PSG...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Has been expected but now confirmed. Lot of talk about Cavani going to Atleti, however nothing really on Silva.

Would you take Silva on a free-transfer? Haven’t watched much of him lately, but he had been the best in his position in the world for a while before Virgil emerged. He’s what, 33 now?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Silva will be 36 next season. He’s no place in the Premier League.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Two of my favourite players over the past decade. Cavani gets flack for missing chances but he has scored goals wherever he has gone and is really dynamic with an excellent workrate.

Silva had the opportunity to be the best CB of his generation, but I think he made the wrong move and will be largely forgotten. If he had gone to the likes of United, Chelsea or Man City, he would have been a PL legend.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You'd think we've wisened up from these sort of signings after the last few years.

Devil81

Look we've turned the corner from these sort of signings now, we're happy buying potential and players that will give 110% for the shirt.

These finished over the hill players of global superstars hoping for a payday can walk on bye as were done with that system now.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Next... haha

It’s so nice to know we’re not going to be anywhere near this kind of deal.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
36 holy shit I still remember him playing for AC Milan, where does the time go?
And i thought he was even closer to 40. it feels like he‘s been around forever.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Don't think either of them would want to come to the EPL, Cavani even less so than Silva. I see Cavani ending up at Inter or Atleti, and it'll be a very Milan thing for them to sign Silva.

davidmichael

I’d have taken Cavani on a 1 year contract if we’d not extended Ighalo’s loan but not Silva, at one point Silva was the best centre back in football for a few years but that ended a few years back and at 36 he’s struggle in the PL so I think China or America is best for him unless he goes back to Brazil.

Mr Smith

I’d have taken Cavani on a 1 year contract if we’d not extended Ighalo’s loan but not Silva, at one point Silva was the best centre back in football for a few years but that ended a few years back and at 36 he’s struggle in the PL so I think China or America is best for him unless he goes back to Brazil.
How long does Ighalo's loan give us? Surely not the whole of next season?

I'd definitely take Cavani for a year if we could get him. Probably going to Atletico though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Thiago Silva on a one year deal would probably be a solid deal for most clubs. I don’t think it’d work too well for us in a stylistic sense; he’s so old him and Maguire would probably make the slowest pairing in the league.

Cavani has had a few injury troubles, hasn’t he? I don’t think there’s much left in his tank.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Harsh, poor Lindelof can’t do right for doing wrong...

Both of them probably head a ball better though..
I could head a ball better and that’s saying something

I know, I’m desperate for a top notch partner for maguire

passing-wind

Both past it, we don't have any prolific defenders coming through maybe at a push Tuanzebe so a signing of the age of Silva is not beneficial.

Jam

Silva is past it, a once great centre half but his time has been and we’re generally covered in that position - literally no point in getting him.

Cavani is a good player and might have done a job on a temporary contract but we now have Ighalo to cover us until January. Cavani would still be looking for top wages and to generally be amongst the first team so wouldn’t be a fit for us anyway.

Hard skip on both.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Great players and characters, the kind of people you'd want on your team and that treated their clubs with respect. I feel Leonardo is making the right decision, but if there was a CB on his way out to get from PSG, it's Kouassi and not Silva.

Pep's Suit

I still would like to see Silva in PL (Spurs? Everton?) but guess he's more likely to go back to Brazil like Alves.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If it was put to you Sancho, Havertz or Sancho, upamecano what would you choose?
Don’t see the relevance. I’m not saying I’d like one or the other. I’d like us to upgrade the cb position if we can but after addressing the RW/RCF and a replacement for the lingard/mata squad place. Then CB

Skills

Snitch
Thiago Silva on a one year deal would probably be a solid deal for most clubs. I don’t think it’d work too well for us in a stylistic sense; he’s so old him and Maguire would probably make the slowest pairing in the league.

Cavani has had a few injury troubles, hasn’t he? I don’t think there’s much left in his tank.
Can't be slower than Lindelof and Maguire?

Judas

Open to offers
At least our fanbase has learnt its lesson, 6 months ago this thread would have been full of people desperate for their signatures, I know people wanted Cavani then which was mad.

sherrinford

Don’t see the relevance. I’m not saying I’d like one or the other. I’d like us to upgrade the cb position if we can but after addressing the RW/RCF and a replacement for the lingard/mata squad place. Then CB
Why would you prefer we address a squad place ahead of a starting centre back berth?