Thibault Courtois

nemanja15

He has made quite a lot of mistakes this season, too. Navas isn’t a ‘top’ keeper but a good one nonetheless, and he didn’t drop any clangers last season.

Isco straight back in too (even if Vinicius’s injury would have forced a change anyway).

Cloud7

Even though he wasn’t our player, I get a little enjoyment every time I see him mess up for Madrid. The way he acted to get out of Chelsea was disgraceful.

In before someone gives me an example of a player doing this to secure a transfer to United. No, I do not care. Football fan in being a hypocrite shocker.

Djemba-Djemba

Even though he wasn’t our player, I get a little enjoyment every time I see him mess up for Madrid. The way he acted to get out of Chelsea was disgraceful.

In before someone gives me an example of a player doing this to secure a transfer to United. No, I do not care. Football fan in being a hypocrite shocker.
He seems a complete prick just in general.

Cloud7

He seems a complete prick just in general.
Yeah it does seem that way. There’s this, which has been going on for years. He was boning De Bruyne’s girlfriend when they were both at Chelsea as well.

Long may he continue to suffer. If I remember correctly, Zidane was a big advocate for keeping Navas in goal, and he was never too keen on Curtois?

If so, when Zidane eventually thinks Navas needs replacing, what are the chances of him looking elsewhere?

joedirt87

Sounds like the type of winner PSG would take. Unless he is content sitting on the bench and play a couple cup games for Madrid.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Why was he a prick to get out of Chelsea?

Djemba-Djemba

Yeah it does seem that way. There’s this, which has been going on for years. He was boning De Bruyne’s girlfriend when they were both at Chelsea as well.

Long may he continue to suffer. If I remember correctly, Zidane was a big advocate for keeping Navas in goal, and he was never too keen on Curtois?

If so, when Zidane eventually thinks Navas needs replacing, what are the chances of him looking elsewhere?
Apparently Zidane had to constantly fight for Navas, he said over and over he didn't want another keeper. He probably knew they had much bigger problems with the team than the keeper and wanted to spend any available money there instead.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He refused to show up for training for a few days to try and force his transfer through. How is that not being a prick?
He wanted to leave for a couple of seasons before that. He was promised they would allow him to go in that season and they pretty much lied to him. He even stated his children are in Spain and he wants to see them as a father more, and they still didn't let him leave.

The only prick in that situation is Chelsea Football Club.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon

It’s bad news for us if they don’t see Courtois as their long term keeper, as this summer they will come back in for De Gea.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Not an ideal scenario for us with Dave still not signing a new deal though. We need to give him an ultimatum sooner or later. Either sign or we sell. We can't allow him to leave us for free. It would be truly heartbreaking losing him at all but losing him for nothing would be too much. Sign the contract this summer or sell him for £50/60m and we will have to move on.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He wanted to leave for a couple of seasons before that. He was promised they would allow him to go in that season and they pretty much lied to him. He even stated his children are in Spain and he wants to see them as a father more, and they still didn't let him leave.

The only prick in that situation is Chelsea Football Club.
He was not promised anything. Where on earth did you get that idea?

Before the world cup, he said he would come back to Chelsea and sort things out. He didn't.

As for his "children", he only has one. I guess we'll see how true that reason was if he gets sick of being a sub at Real and moves to another Spanish side.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Before the world cup, he said he would come back to Chelsea and sort things out. He didn't.

As for his "children", he only has one. I guess we'll see how true that reason was if he gets sick of being a sub at Real and moves to another Spanish side.
Maybe he has been keeping a secret from you. Bet his nose has been put out of joint by this. Couldn't happen to a nicer lad.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Good. Hilarious. Poetic.

Zidane is back, and so is his trusted GK of the last three years: Keylor "Triple UCL Champion" Navas.

Justice. Especially after some awful performances by Courtois this season.

Also, Isco is back, a player deemed too fat and unprofessional by Solari the Genius.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

I can't find the article, but I'm quite sure he accused Granovskaia of not keeping to her word. Chelsea were furious at the accusation.

Don't really care about he said, she said at this stage. I just saw a guy force a move because he wanted to be with his children. I don't think he's a prick for that.

duffer

Scout
I can't find the article, but I'm quite sure he accused Granovskaia of not keeping to her word. Chelsea were furious at the accusation.

Don't really care about he said, she said at this stage. I just saw a guy force a move because he wanted to be with his children. I don't think he's a prick for that.
Wanting to be closer to you kid is certainly not something that makes you a prick.

It was not about that though. He was not interested in a move to any other Madrid (or even Spanish) based sides. He wanted a move to a bigger and better club for more money and used his daughter as an excuse.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Wanting to be closer to you kid is certainly not something that makes you a prick.

It was not about that though. He was not interested in a move to any other Madrid (or even Spanish) based sides. He wanted a move to a bigger and better club for more money and used his daughter as an excuse.
Which other Spanish clubs were in for him?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Zidane is going with the players he knows to try and bring back some stability at the club. Isn't crazy to pick Navas, especially if the point is to keep him longer if not only as the nr 2 so it's smart to play him as they've got nothing to play for anymore.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

You seem a little bitter, he wanted to move to be closer to his kid, its not like there were over sides in Madrid or Spain at the top level looking for a keeper

duffer

Scout
You seem a little bitter, he wanted to move to be closer to his kid, its not like there were over sides in Madrid or Spain at the top level looking for a keeper
Bitter? Maybe. Wanting to go to a bigger club I have no issue with. Wanting to move closer to your family, I also have no problem with. Just don't lie about why you want to move and that you'll come back to the club.

We could have quite possibly gone into the season with Cabellero and Rob Green as our goalies. We were even linked with Joe fecking Hart!

Cassidy

Bitter? Maybe. Wanting to go to a bigger club I have no issue with. Wanting to move closer to your family, I also have no problem with. Just don't lie about why you want to move and that you'll come back to the club.

We could have quite possibly gone into the season with Cabellero and Rob Green as our goalies. We were even linked with Joe fecking Hart!
Again where has he lied? If you can name the other clubs in need of a keeper that he could have went to who were UCL clubs....
Also since your club already knew he wanted to leave for at least 2 years, its not his fault you were left in a predicament, it was your clubs.

duffer

Scout
Again where has he lied? If you can name the other clubs in need of a keeper that he could have went to who were UCL clubs....
Also since your club already knew he wanted to leave for at least 2 years, its not his fault you were left in a predicament, it was your clubs.
Before the world cup he said he would return to Chelsea. He did not turn up. That's the lie.

Why does the clubs he might have gone to need to be "UCL" clubs? He wanted to be closer to his daughter, not move to a better side.

As for it being Chelsea's fault, we probably (perhaps stupidly) though he would do what De Gea did, what Hazard did and what Hudson-Odoi all when they asked to move and were refused which is be a professional and turn up for work.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I would have thought a shitload would have wanted a player of his calibre had he not already agreed to go to Real for 13 million euros a year. All about his daughter though.
Barcelona didn't need him, nor did Atletico. Real needed him. He wanted to be with his daughter. Chelsea didn't let him go even though his wishes were glaringly obvious as he was ticking down his contract each season. But he's the prick for going?

You're sounding quite bitter here. Just arbitrarily claiming he could have gone to any club (why would he when there was an obvious goalkeeping hole at one of the biggest clubs in Spain), when there was no reported interest from anyone bar Real.

Djemba-Djemba

It doesn't matter what Courtois claims he was told.

You don't go awol from work. We all slagged Di Maria off when he did the same to us.

duffer

Scout
Barcelona didn't need him, nor did Atletico. Real needed him. He wanted to be with his daughter.

But he's the prick? You're sound it quite bitter here. Just arbitrarily claiming he could have gone to any club (why would he when there was an obvious goalkeeping hole at one of the biggest clubs in Spain), when there was no reported interest from anyone bar Real.
I'm not sure if bitter is the right word. I just loathe him, his face and his stupid nose.

I also am really enjoying him being shit for Real and now getting dropped. That's not bitter is it?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

You don't go awol from work. We all slagged Di Maria off when he did the same to us.
Different players under different circumstances.

Cassidy

Before the world cup he said he would return to Chelsea. He did not turn up. That's the lie.

Why does the clubs he might have gone to need to be "UCL" clubs?
He wanted to be closer to his daughter, not move to a better side.

As for it being Chelsea's fault, we probably (perhaps stupidly) though he would do what De Gea did, what Hazard did and what Hudson-Odoi all when they asked to move and were refused which is be a professional and turn up for work.
Pure bitterness to suggest he is lying about his daughter. Its quite silly as well I mean so you think he should have signed for Elbar when Real were after a keeper?
Also he is a UCL level player so why would he look outside of that when he knows he can get a club playing at that level, makes no sense what so ever.

Your club messed up in reality especially if it is true he was promised a move. De Gea actually was about to leave except for a admin error...

Cassidy

I don't mind that, but to suggest he is lying about his daughter is lower than low imo

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
How so?

Why was it out of order for Di Maria to just feck Utd off and not bother showing up for work but for Courtois it was fine?
According to him he made it clear to Granovskaia that he wanted out. We can say it's his word versus hers but it's quite obvious he wanted to leave for Spain. She reportedly did not keep her side of the bargain of letting him leave when the time came, so he forced the issue. The man was running down his contract so it's obvious he wanted to go back to Spain for a while.

He has a daughter he wanted to re-unite with which gives him a far more reasonable personal circumstance than Di Maria.

duffer

Scout
According to him he made it clear to Granovskaia that he wanted out. We can say it's his word versus hers but it's quite obvious he wanted to leave for Spain. She reportedly did not keep her side of the bargain of letting him leave when the time came, so he forced the issue. The man was running down his contract so it's obvious he wanted to go back to Spain for a while.

He has a daughter he wanted to re-unite with which gives him a far more reasonable personal circumstance than Di Maria.
Courtois said this (just before the world cup):
“I’m committed to Chelsea. I have a contract until next year and I will be here. I will do my best for it. Obviously there is no extension signed but I don’t think now is the moment to do it. I think it is better to wait until the end of the season. All I can say is I’m committed to Chelsea and also committed for next year.”

So he is either lying in the statement above or he is lying about having an agreement with Chelsea to leave after the world cup.

Basically, his pants are on fire.