Thierry Henry replaces Jardim as Monaco manager | Replaced by err...Jardim

iHicksy

Skysports pundits don't have a good time in management, do they? And Paul Ince had me convinced Club icons just strolled in with a smile on their face and the results picked up.

el3mel

The fact that he's suspended yet to take a decision not even sacked is actually more humiliating and makes his tenure there looks far worse than anyone expected.

RedDevil@84

This is probably the first time I have heard manager get suspended. Is he such a danger to the club that they can't have him around for couple of games more, till they take a decision to fire him?

redshaw

Henry could do with some support, probably not his fault. I'd get Moyes and Gary Neville in alongside Henry for an all round management dream team.

Adcuth

This is probably the first time I have heard manager get suspended. Is he such a danger to the club that they can't have him around for couple of games more, till they take a decision to fire him?
Maybe they don't want to sack him, buy demote him to a coach. He's a shite manager by the looks of it though. Love how these pundits chat shit like they could do a better job than some managers then fail miserably when they actually give it a go

Kapardin

Suspended? I'd heard of sackings, but this seems a first.

He said he was gonna leave out certain players for Dijon, seems like Monaco were a step ahead of him in leaving him out.:D

el3mel

Hilarious if that's true. :lol::lol::lol:

Would Jardim be the first to be sacked and then reappointed by the same club in the same season ?

RORY65

I was hoping he would take them down, presumably he'll be back saying the square root of feck all on Sky within weeks.

Leif GW

Hilarious if that's true. :lol::lol::lol:

Would Jardim be the first to be sacked and then appointed by same club in the same season ?
Happens a lot in Italy. They see it is a real profession, not some kind of passion driven thing.

RORY65

But in the same season to sack and reappoint the same manager within few months ?
Italian clubs bring the same manager back two or three times in a season quite a bit, they don't give them a full pay off when they get sacked but keep them on gardening leave so they can bring them back if they sack the next one.

el3mel

Italian clubs bring the same manager back two or three times in a season quite a bit, they don't give them a full pay off when they get sacked but keep them on gardening leave so they can bring them back if they sack the next one.
I know it seems a little insane but yes.

Juric for Genoa comes to mind:

He was sacked on 19 February 2017 after a 0–5 defeat against bottom-placed Pescara.[8] He was reinstated as Genoa manager on 10 April 2017 after the sacking of Andrea Mandorlini.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Jurić
Weird. Doesn't that make these clubs look like absolute fools, like why did they sack these managers to start with ?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It was very risky from Henry's perspective, they were already struggling and in a bit of relegation scrap before he arrived and their team was ravaged by injuries (I think I read that they have 11 first team players out). Even so, he doesn't seem to have improved things and on paper things actually look even worse now, morale must be rock bottom. Don't think he'll be looking to take another management job any time soon.

Injuries aside, does anyone know's going on at Monaco? Selling too many star players and their replacements either haven't settled/aren't good enough, attitude problems?

RORY65

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Weird. Doesn't that make these clubs look like absolute fools, like why did they sack these managers to start with ?
The Juric example is good, but nothing can beat the madness of Palermo. From Gian Piero Gasperini's Wikipedia page:

On 16 September 2012, Gasperini was announced as the new manager of Palermo, a former team of his as a player, taking over from Giuseppe Sannino.[11]

On 4 February 2013, he was dismissed from his post following a 2–1 loss at home to Atalanta.[12]

On 24 February 2013, Gasperini was rehired as the Palermo manager, replacing Alberto Malesani after three games in charge.[13] On 11 March 2013, Gasperini was again removed from the post, this time by Giuseppe Sannino.[14]

EDIT: @RORY65 - OH COME ON! Beat me to it by 10 seconds :( :D

el3mel

I guess it saves money on giving them a full pay out, means they have an instant option is they need someone and, as you say, it does tend to be quite dysfunctional clubs. Look at Palermo's managers, just the same people repeatedly: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._Città_di_Palermo_managers
The Juric example is good, but nothing can beat the madness of Palermo. From Gian Piero Gasperini's Wikipedia page:

On 16 September 2012, Gasperini was announced as the new manager of Palermo, a former team of his as a player, taking over from Giuseppe Sannino.[11]

On 4 February 2013, he was dismissed from his post following a 2–1 loss at home to Atalanta.[12]

On 24 February 2013, Gasperini was rehired as the Palermo manager, replacing Alberto Malesani after three games in charge.[13] On 11 March 2013, Gasperini was again removed from the post, this time by Giuseppe Sannino.[14]
I think the ridiculous thing that it's now happening to supposedly a decent club as Monaco. It shows how much they have been fecked up this season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Suspended.:lol:
A swift end to his managerial career. Sad for him if I'm honest. I like him.

RORY65

I think the ridiculous thing that it's now happening to supposedly a decent club as Monaco. It shows how much they have been fecked up this season.
Absolutely. Jardim might not be the best manager for a relegation battle but he is surely the best manager overall that they could get and obviously did an amazing job there before so perhaps a few months off will have helped him and he can at least drag them to safety and then they can start again with a top class manager and some very good young players.

RORY65

Why do Skysports pundits seem to make really lousy managers? Paul Merson, Gary Neville, and now Thierry Henry.
Because if they were great managers they wouldn't be looking for punditry work I suppose. I don't think it matters really, I still think Neville is good and there's valid reasons why it didn't work at Valencia, Henry was shit as a pundit though and the management also hasn't gone well.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Henry could do with some support, probably not his fault. I'd get Moyes and Gary Neville in alongside Henry for an all round management dream team.
This is legitimately very harsh on Moyes.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Will fail as a manager. Has the personna of a class clown and I heard him talk about Pep's tactics, explaining how he was awestruck by the instruction to track back as a wing-forward. If tracking back was already a revelation to him as a 30 year old senior player, how developed can his managerial brain be?

Will try to copy a few things from Pep and inevitably fail. Watch this space.
Page 2, last post.
Not bad.

Alabaster Codify7

Bizarre turn of events. Just fire him, surely?
Jardim, if he has any self-respect, will tell them to feck right off.