Thierry Henry

Alex

Abit harsh, I just think hes past it, thats all.

Used to be a brilliant player, now hes not fit enough to clean Ronaldo's/Messi's boots.
I agree, def he has lost a step, a big one considering his speed use to be his most valuable asset

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
REAL LOVE
£10m: Amount Thierry Henry was paid to stay at Arsenal for one more season in 2006 - £5m in wages plus a previously undisclosed up-front £5m signing-on fee, revealed in club accounts last week.

2006: Thierry says he stayed 'for love'. 'I simply could not face leaving the fans. They are my family. The love I have received in this country has been amazing. I've never played in Spain and now I never will. This is my last big contract - it's where I belong, where my heart is. Full stop. And this was never about money. My decision to stay or leave was never going to be based on economic considerations. People want to give you a label as a footballer where it's all about money, money, money - they should stop talking about that. It's not. It's about emotion, respect, loyalty - and real love.'

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2275041,00.html

:lol: What a load of crap.

Grady

This thread needed a bump in light of the rumor he was about to sign for us.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/25052008/4/united-nearly-henry-report.html

United Nearly Got Henry - Report

Sun 25 May, 01:09 PM

Thierry Henry was reportedly on the verge of a move to Manchester United two weeks ago - but changed his mind after talks with Pep Guardiola.

The France striker had a disappointing first season at the Nou Camp following his £16million switch to Barcelona from Arsenal last summer.

The main reason for his poor form was being asked to play in an unfamiliar left-wing role by Barca coach Frank Rijkaard, who has since left the club after a trophyless season.

Guardiola has taken the reins at the Catalan giants, and is believed to have talked Henry out of a £10million switch to Old Trafford.

The Sunday Mirror quotes a source as saying: "Thierry was told by the new coach he didn't want him to leave, that he was going to be a big player for Barca next season and would have an important role to play for them.

"That reassured Thierry - but United were ready to buy him."

Samuel Eto'o and Ronaldinho are widely expected to leave Barca this summer, meaning Henry could become their first-choice striker.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What a load of bollocks.

That's clearly Anelka.

davisjw

Seems a prickish thing to do but minor. He's been doing little things like that in the other games I've seen him in.

If the defender (or what ever that Portland player is) didn't react and push Henry, nothing would of happened.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
the push was far more forceful. if they give him a card for two head-taps, then a shove is surely worth an evra-like ban?

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I was at the game, softest straight red card I've ever seen.

Even weirder was all the pricks around us celebrating as if they'd just scored the winning goal in the world cup final. I can never understand why people get so excited by oppo players getting red and yellow cards.

prateik

I remember him doing something similar to Ronaldo in the 2-4 match at Highbury in 2005
Ronaldo shoved him off and jogged away just as Poll came around.

Annoying.. soft red tho.

brad-dyrak

I was at the game. The red came out of nowhere, but what you didn't see was this whole long lead up of him acting like a complete spazzer. Throwing elbows and this endless windup on Moffat. Kept going over to shake his hand, then would pull his hair, or give him a slap. Moffat got sick of it and gave him a shove which is when the flag went up. Should have given Henry a yellow a couple of minutes earlier. He was clearly out of his head and had moved well into some mental bizarro land.

He had some nice, quick and very crafty touches in midfield, but boy was he lazy. Just loafed about gesticulating and complaining to his teamates. Drama queen.

I never liked him before but only because he was a threat to us, though I had to admit he seemed classy enough. It's kind of nice having a better reason to dislike him now.

Ray Peterson

Reserve Team Player
So, Henry is coming back to the Prem.
Anybody care to predict how he'll get on?

Gee Male

I think it's great to see him back. One of the legends of the PL thus far returning and probably playing against us in a few weeks - what's not to like?

Obviously I hope he flops to feck though.

Ray Peterson

Reserve Team Player
Well, he will not be playing 90 minutes and I doubt he will appear in every game. He simply does not have the stamina or pace.
Have you been watching his MLS games?
I've not seen him since his Barca days, I'm interested to see what he's got left.

Hitchcocker

My favorite non-United player and I used to have a poster of him in my bedroom. Welcome back!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Great player even if I truly despised him when he was at his best for Arsenal.It'll be nice to see him back (and possibly struggling) in the PL

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
Have you been watching his MLS games?
I've not seen him since his Barca days, I'm interested to see what he's got left.
I saw him here and there on TV here over the summer when the only thing to watch on the soccer channel was the MLS. My impression was that of watching a faded star. He would do something clever, then nothing nothing nothing, then a clever bit, then stagnate. I just do not think he has it left in the tank. Don't forget, it has been 5 years since he left the PL and he is no sprng chicken (for a football player).

Brophs

The One and Only
Any time I have seen him in the last few years he looks absolutely shot. He'll probably do okay in as much as he's a very clever player and will pinch a few goals, but I don't see him having the impact people are hoping for.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
See the cnut in the crowd at around 1.37 with a giant red card waving it about. What a knobend.

FAO yanks, is that the done thing over there when someone is sent off?

Skholesy

I think being at arsenal will inspire him to be better than how he was in the MLS. Plus, he'll have better players around him at arsenal and with the chances they create i think he'd have a decent run.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Great player, but I hope we won't be seeing any of his 'Yes, I'm completely carrying this club...' goal-celebrations. Now that he's past-it, I guess he'll have to be less conceited.

Ray Peterson

Reserve Team Player
I saw him here and there on TV here over the summer when the only thing to watch on the soccer channel was the MLS. My impression was that of watching a faded star. He would do something clever, then nothing nothing nothing, then a clever bit, then stagnate. I just do not think he has it left in the tank. Don't forget, it has been 5 years since he left the PL and he is no sprng chicken (for a football player).
True, not everybody can be as fortunate as Mr Giggs.

Brophs

The One and Only
Great player, but I hope we won't be seeing any of his 'Yes, I'm completely carrying this club...' goal-celebrations. Now that he's past-it, I guess he'll have to be less conceited.
If he does his finger-to-the-lips, 'shushing' celebration then I shall be forced to beat him to death with a pillow case filled with unsold copies of Graham Poll's autobiography. He can't say he hasn't been warned.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'm not going to lose any sleep over the prospect of Henry returning to Old Trafford and playing against us. He's not the world class player he once was.

He is still decent, and obviously will have some ability, but he's more of a makeshift option for Arsenal, so that they have more than just Van Persie, in case he does get injured. His signing should also help to keep the morale of the squad high. I doubt he'll make no impact whatsoever, however our defence shouldn't really have their work cut out trying to deal with him.

1211+subs

Welcome back TH not the same as he was years ago but still stands out from the crowd...enjoy the trip ..

1211+subs

"a pillow case filled with unsold copies of Graham Poll's autobiography". what a d---kh--d ....hahahah well said 2 red cards lol