Things about football that get you unreasonably annoyed…

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
That time wasting is never properly added on.

When forwards foul opposition defenders that are obviously looking to get fouled.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Defensive diving.

Defender receives the slightest nudge, goes down and it is always given.

It's a combination of ref's being cowards and attackers being thick as pig shit.

Deery

Dreary
Players putting their hands over their mouth to talk, yeah you’re not in the CIA buddy give it a rest..

Jericho

Commentators asking "Could he have gone down there?".

Refs dismissively doing "talk to the hand" to players.

Deery

Dreary
Players spitting.
Rashford in particular, every time the camera’s on him he gathers spit on his lips and spits it out as if it’s cool or something, just disgusting really.

Robertd0803

Football in general lately.

We suck, our rivals dont and we are miles behind on and off the pitch in so many areas.

Players like Mbappe/Pogba (example) having all the talent in the world and being nothing but problematic for their current clubs because they already have an eye on their next club.

Players that have a brand when they are the likes of Lingard and Cleverly. Do something worthwhile like Mane/Drogba/Mata instead.

Clubs not willing to sell players that clearly want to go (Mbappe/Kane) and then being stupid enough to wonder why the player puts only puts in the bare minimum of effort.

The same stupid players expecting the club to sell them to begin with.

I could keep going all day because Im not really enjoying football at the moment.

Tap

When pundits or commentators say something like “The Inters, Bayerns and Barcelonas” or “The Pirlos, Carricks and Xavis”

When fans at OT clap when we get a corner. What’s the point?

Olmer

Weak quality of crosses and corners.
I mean, crossing was never a high quality chance to begin with, but it doesn't help when the player:

- doesn't lift their head before crossing to assess his teammates' positions
- crosses so low that the ball stops on the first opponent
- overhits the cross into the stands
- makes the ball so weak that the keeper has 5 seconds to get to it before it falls

etc.

Gentile’s Ghost

The general lack of physicality nowadays. The game has gone too soft, with every little thing being punished as if someone died. Even worse is that continuing to lower the bar for what constitutes a booking further encourages players to dive and flop around like fish in these situations, which means things might get even softer over time.

Also what happened to yellow cards for diving? Is it just me, or does it seem very rare nowadays?

And finally, social media apologies. Although I suppose this is our new normal. Such a joy.
spot on. When a player is seriously injured, they know it, and do not do 5 triple salchows and a back flip then miraculously get up and appear that nothing has happened. This is cheating and virtually never gets punished and makes the game look pathetic - or more pathetic - than it already is.

Oranges038

Players who can't put in a decent cross, especially when it's either the far corner flag or a defenders shins. Nothing in between (Dalot)

And corners too, especially Luke Shaw taking an age ambling over to the right only to smash the corner at the first man and have it result in a better chance for the other team.

Players not being able to judge the weight and pace of a pass, who seem to think just kicking it at another player is a good pass.

Foul throws almsot every time.

Referees not booking players for time wasting or kicking the ball away. Especially keepers who pick the ball up.and hold it in their hands for about a minute or take over a minute for a goal kick.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Don't you have to rejoin play from the half way line when going off injured?
Different from what you're talking about with being subbed going off at nearest place.
I think you have to rejoin from the sidelines after receiving treatment, but doesn't have to specifically be the halfway line, as far as I'm aware. But the referee could have had him exit the field at the byline so the game could carry on, since he was right next to it. That is typically what happens. Instead he was allowed to walk half the width of the pitch at a snail's pace, 2 yards from the byline.

And yeah, that's a different point to the rule about subs exiting from the nearest point, which seems to hardly ever be enforced anymore. But it's equally as frustrating to watch.

sugar_kane

Whenever De Gea collects the ball and he makes like he’s going to distribute quickly by shimmying about and looking from side to side then sort of does a “hmmm…” face and doesn’t bother.

It may very well be that there are feck all options every time but it comes across as a subtle “I am ON it but my team are useless” type gesture.

NICanRed

Throw-ins that creep up the touch line - sometimes 10-15 yards

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
People that don’t take corners from within the quadrant or whatever it is.

it seems to be the cool thing now to put the ball a millimetre hanging over.

shazzmufc

Refs stopping the game when a player is down when it’s NOT a head/major injury.

Utd Clem

Interviews with managers and players who state the obvious every time, like “this is a game we have to win” or “we need to ensure we give 100%”

SambaBoy

The state of most of ours 'fans' on twitter/caf. Hounding Ole out for months, announcing 60mins into a 1-0 home win vs Palace that RR is a genius, then a month later saying the players are awful/RR is awful. Sancho wasn't good enough for the Prem this time last month now he's a superstar. No fans seem to have perspective anymore or rational thinking.

K stand Red

Refs stopping corners being taken to speak to attackers or defenders to stop holding ,just call the foul either way when the ball is in play that’s his job not to remind them not to foul. Really gets my goat and is just another waste of time

Stacks

“The game ended scoreless, but we should have won the game 5-0”

Nonesense,

If only the next 4 chances would still happen exactly the same way if the first goal went it. They won’t.
Exactly. So annoying. A team loses 2-1 and say if so and so took their chances we would have won 4-2. No! It doesn't work like that.

Gawge

Boring pundits who sound like they don’t want to be there. I hate when a really magic moment happens on the pitch and the commentator doesn’t even mention it or get excited about it.
Choice of pundits absolutely infuriates me.

Cannot understand the reasoning behind selecting someone like Martin Keown or Danny Murphy for games. I have no idea what they bring to the game. All you get is a bare minimum "insight" which is increasingly irrelevant, especially for the older pundits who basically played a different game.

Sky/BT/BBC can choose pretty much anyone they want for these games. They should have either:
  • Someone fun - E.g. a McCoist who clearly enjoys the game and feels like a mate
  • Someone entertaining - E.g. a Neville who is clearly interested and invested
  • Someone who does genuine research - E.g. Emma Hayes who clearly knows her stuff
There are some great coaches out there who could do an amazing job. They may not be as well known as Martin Keown, but I don't think people care about that any more, having someone who genuinely understands what is going on in a game would be so interesting to listen to (and they would probably cost far less).

The Purley King

When the ball’s going out of play near a linesman and they step out of the way of it. Shouldn’t do, but winds me right up
As a linesman you are instructed not to stop the ball if it’s gone out of play right next to you.
reason being if you happen to stop a ball for one team and not the other just because you couldn’t reach it etc. Opens someone up to accusations of bias.
It is annoying though I grant you that

GL21

Maybe it's an arm thing. But when someone goes to take a corner and puts their hands up as if to say right whoever puts their arms up like me gets it...Surely they are all in the box hoping for it.

Still on the arm thing...fecking fred making all his countless misplaced passes acceptable when he does the apologetic arm up im sorry charade accompanied by the wincing face.

Ah it's all armless fun...fs sorry

cafecillos

I've always wonder what the deal with spitting is. They do it all the fecking time, when you get a close-up of a player after a chance or whatever there's probably over 75% probability you'll see some spitting. And of course, absolutely zero players do it in indoor sports and I'd say, although I could be wrong, in other outdoor sports, so I seriously doubt there's a physiological need behind it, but I must be wrong, because the only other explanation is that they are a bunch of obnoxious knuckle-draggers.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Diving, excegerating contact, asking for yellow cards, time wasting, moaning at the referee, but above all, people going in about how the ref is obviously in some grand conspiracy to feck over your club.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Maguire's style of running that is a curious cross between skipping and hopping. I can't describe it.

Delano

When an attacker puts a defender in a position they can't get out of, only to touch them and give away a foul.

This modern obsession with "repping" players over a club. Makes zero sense and is exacerbated when that player is a detriment to the team. A football team should be built on cohesion, not on individuals.

Maguire going touch tight on the halfway line, getting too close to his man, being done, chasing back like he's a toeing a caravan and us of course... conceding. You think he'd learn and wouldn't do it in every game.

Ralaks

Mainly players handling the ball or kicking it away after fouling. Instant yellow if handling the ball after the whistle. Works perfectly in Handball, just leave the ball on the grass.

It would also fix some of the absurd advantage gained from professional fouls if the play could start with fast potential advantage for the fouled team.

I would also love some sort of effective 60 min game rule.

More enforcement of 6 second rule with goalkeepers.

I guess I mainly hate time wasting

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Players like Mbappe/Pogba (example) having all the talent in the world and being nothing but problematic for their current clubs because they already have an eye on their next club.

Clubs not willing to sell players that clearly want to go (Mbappe/Kane) and then being stupid enough to wonder why the player puts only puts in the bare minimum of effort.
By Mbappé do you mean the by far the best PSG player that has as many goals & assists as all of Messi, Neymar & Di Maria combined?

GledTheRed

Choice of pundits absolutely infuriates me.

Cannot understand the reasoning behind selecting someone like Martin Keown or Danny Murphy for games. I have no idea what they bring to the game. All you get is a bare minimum "insight" which is increasingly irrelevant, especially for the older pundits who basically played a different game.

Sky/BT/BBC can choose pretty much anyone they want for these games. They should have either:
  • Someone fun - E.g. a McCoist who clearly enjoys the game and feels like a mate
  • Someone entertaining - E.g. a Neville who is clearly interested and invested
  • Someone who does genuine research - E.g. Emma Hayes who clearly knows her stuff
There are some great coaches out there who could do an amazing job. They may not be as well known as Martin Keown, but I don't think people care about that any more, having someone who genuinely understands what is going on in a game would be so interesting to listen to (and they would probably cost far less).
Martin Keown gets way too much work and he's absolutely shit, the cnut was calling Varane Veron on Saturday.

Eurotrash

In dead-ball situations, when the goalkeeper is awarded a free-kick despite being the one who jumped into a space occupied by an opponent.

youmeletsfly

- he's a local boy/he is man united through and through -> this is a fantasy created under Ferguson, but it doesn't and won't ever exist anymore and it leads to players gettig game time just for the sake of it

- nepotism, basically what this fecking club is built on (please undestand the sarcasm)

- English refs -> they think and act like they are something special but they're just trash refs, just look at their punchable faces

- players arresting the ball before a free kick so that the others don't quickly resume play -> this should be banned 100% or penalized with a medium to heavy kick in the balls by a randomly selected girl from the crowd

- social media whoring by players ( I won't even start about this. Any player that posts something after a game is non existent to me)

- Nemyar because he epitomizes this day's adolescent pussies

- Diego Simeone because he is a cnut and I'd slap him just to get my hand warm on a windy day

- Rio Ferdinand - decent bloke, good player, but he speaks so much shit since he retired, I can't stand him anymore. He's speaking about the game like it's some sort of Nasa space engineering.

- Uefa/Fifa for obvious reasons

- Martin Keown -> Man, I can't even express how much I'd punch this guy. Also hearing from people in football that he's a bit of a prick.

- players who roll 100 times after a foul

Cloud7

After a player fluffs a really easy chance or fires off a really crappy shot, they pretend like they’re injured for a few seconds to justify it, before going back to being perfectly normal a few seconds later.