Things that annoy you about football.

kthanksbye

Transfer rumors.
X player may consider joining Y club.

First of all, what source do you have, you can't possibly have a source for something even the player hasn't started considering, have you planted something in their heads?

Charlie Foley

Maybe I never used to notice it, but I find myself becoming annoyed by things more and more by current day football, could be an age thing as well though, anyway..

Players talking behind thier hands, who cares what they are saying.

Managers squirting water into their mouths when ever something half exciting happens, almost always middle of the road manangers.

TV panning to the crowd, then two seconds later them realising they are on the big screen.

Rehearsed post match interviews, they must be told to be as boring as they are.

Sky sports 'percentage' stats...Jesus, it's like playschool.

Steve Mcmanaman, Ohhhhhh.

VAR I fear is going to top the lot.

What :lol:

Charlie Foley

They do it when they walk off the pitch, as the stadiums are clearing and the cameras move in, when talking to mates on the other team etc. I think it’s a trend thing, borne by the feeling of self-importance players have.
I think it's driven by the knowledge that everything they say could and probably will end up on social media/the Daily Mail so there's probably some PR person at clubs telling them to do this.

SwSw

Man City players rolling on the ground as if their knees were shot by a shotgun.

catmandeu

Supports
north east united
Nothing much except var in my opinion.

Mister_Stubbs

Bristol City goal gifs. They were slightly funny at the start, now they are just horrific and makes me want to vomit every time I see them plastered all over Twitter.

Coops73

When the players do that hand cupping thing before the game, what’s wrong with just shaking hands...oh and that “whoosh” noise that Sky use when showing the teams, just feck off.

Gazautd18

Switched off my iPad yesterday waiting for the City match.
Instead of a pre match build up, Sky decide to do 2 x 10 minute videos with cheesy music and highlights of Tyler screaming " Ohh Yesss!" as if their product is the bees knees!
Also the "He's been touched, it's a penalty" argument. Would love to see some of these players in a club go to ground the way they do in the box.

Rafateria

Overpaid, under-worked, lazy, loud-mouthed, diving, lying, cheating footballers who think they are God's gift to the world. Love football, hate footballers.

Oscie

Jose, do you think this Sunday is a must-win game?
- Every game is must win

Fan: "OMG!! MINDGAMES!!!"

Breaks wind..

MIND GAMES!!

Says a player is going to be back from injury...

MIND GAMES!!

Aaaaattttchhhooo....

MIND GAMES!!

It's such an utterly meaningless term that so many seem to think literally means: whenever a manager says anything, goes anywhere or looks at something. Jose leaving house wearing a brown shoes? Playing mind games again, the swine!

noodlehair

"It's like..."
- When a player who isnt the fullback picks up the ball to take a throw In, goes to take it, then doesn't and gives it to the fullback to take instead. This is so fecking dumb. It doesn't waste any time since the fullback always takes the throw anyway. Everyone also knows you're not going to throw it for the same reason. Why bother?

Also just throw ins in general. Why does it constantly take so long to ineptly toss the ball straight back to the other team?

- "Clever" short corner routines. You know, where two or three passes are played and then the ball is crossed from a slightly less decent position than the corner flag, allowing your players to be caught offside.

- when I can't watch the game because I'm being shown a clip of one of the managers watching the game instead. He can watch the game, but I can't, because I'm watching him watch the game.

- Glen Hoddle and his amazing ability to be wrong about everything. You can actually become an expert on football by just thinking the opposite of anything Hoddle says.

Josep Dowling

- When a player who isnt the fullback picks up the ball to take a throw In, goes to take it, then doesn't and gives it to the fullback to take instead. This is so fecking dumb. It doesn't waste any time since the fullback always takes the throw anyway. Everyone also knows you're not going to throw it for the same reason. Why bother?

Also just throw ins in general. Why does it constantly take so long to ineptly toss the ball straight back to the other team?

- "Clever" short corner routines. You know, where two or three passes are played and then the ball is crossed from a slightly less decent position than the corner flag, allowing your players to be caught offside.

- when I can't watch the game because I'm being shown a clip of one of the managers watching the game instead. He can watch the game, but I can't, because I'm watching him watch the game.

- Glen Hoddle and his amazing ability to be wrong about everything. You can actually become an expert on football by just thinking the opposite of anything Hoddle says.
I particularly hate when he tried to explain the technique of any shot or pass some does. Like yes Glenn I just saw him do it I don’t need someone to tell me he used the outside of his foot.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Dele Alli's face.

Another on the same lines of the water bottles, when a player or manager squirts the bottle sideways into their mouth instead of drinking it normally or at least just from the front. Then there's the players who can still be standing next to to waterboy but still just throw the bottle on the ground.

If Man Utd lose then Match of The Day will probably post our match first.

Opta stats.

"He had every right to go down there"

Camera's cutting to the same crowd people again and again.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Cristiano Ronaldo
Ramos
Pique
The adulation for Barcelona
Pep same story
Shit players saying coach x never gave them a chance
Tattoos

And the biggest one: the obsession with stats.

gibers

Cristiano Ronaldo
Ramos
Pique
The adulation for Barcelona
Pep same story
Shit players saying coach x never gave them a chance
Tattoos

And the biggest one: the obsession with stats.
Same here.

Also people looking at the end result and not the process.

eg

we beat Arsenal 3-1. People would look back and say we outplayed them but DDG had to make 33 saves.

AlwaysRed66

Too many penalties to miniscule reasons.
Idiot refs.
Players diving & making out there hurt.
Managers talking rubbish. Klopp/Conte/Guardiola spring to mind.
Overrated leagues like La Liga that media & commentators fawn over.
Pundits talking rubbish (stick a pin in) particularly constantly condoning cheating tactics.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
>>>>> Moaning and complaining coaches/players/fans
>>>>> Radio & TV football consultants

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Transfer rumors.
X player may consider joining Y club.

First of all, what source do you have, you can't possibly have a source for something even the player hasn't started considering, have you planted something in their heads?
Especially transfer rumors starting in February for next summer

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
The hype.
Bang average players getting paid fortunes .
Players refusing to celebrate goals against former clubs, fcuk off!
Endless transfer speculation.
Players feigning injury.
Elaborate goal celebrations.
Clìched commentary.
Bad refs.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
People posting stupid clips and saying a player had "owned" someone for a really mundane trivial action

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
When watching a match, when a pundit makes a completely wrong assessment prior to watching a replay and he still tries to somehow justify it. There is no shame in admitting you're wrong, it is even a good thing IMHO.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
When a player taking a corner fails to beat the first man.

SER19

Time wasting is the big one and a bigger issue than diving and tackling. Either punish it in play early on or we need a clock like rugby.

In terms of others, it drives me mad hearing fans go absolutely mental with rage and indignation when a team doesn't put the ball out for an injured player. Not only is it universally known now that they simply don't have to and the ref can stop play, but also nine times out of ten when their team wins the ball back they don't put it out either and they just sit back down and shut their stupid mouths.

Craig Bellendy

Unprofesional sulking players that earn 100k+ a week

Players built like fridge freezers falling over at the slightest touch

Players rolling around on the floor faking injury (hate the most)

Corey

The constant time-wasting in football. Just stop the clock when the ball is out of play!

When you have the ball in a dangerous position near the opponent's goal and the game is stopped due to an injured opponent, then play resumes with the opponent booting the ball back to your goalkeeper. See the example with Alexis Sanchez today.

Walters_19_MuFc

Square pegs in round holes.

Just play players in their favoured position. If they don't fit your system, then don't play them!

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Fans on football forums and internet, bitching and moaning after losing game, sacking managers, selling players, and creaming thenselves after winning. I blame that game everybody plays.

Twisted Nerve

Conte and his annoying exaggerated mannerisms
Klopp jumping around like a monkey on meth
People still calling the Premier League 'Premiership' even though it hasnt been called that in donkey's years
Pre/post match interview cliches
Players who think man buns/top knots actually look cool
Goal celebrations that involve thumb sucking or heart signs

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The amount of stock placed in the Ballon d'Or is nuts. It's as stupid, flawed and political as most awards are and doesn't really prove anything about anything.

Claude Cat

Supports
Liverpool
Conte and his annoying exaggerated mannerisms
People still calling the Premier League 'Premiership' even though it hasnt been called that in donkey's years
Not that bad really, you still get people calling it the European Cup rather than Champions League, and Carling Cup instead of whatever it is this year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not that bad really, you still get people calling it the European Cup rather than Champions League, and Carling Cup instead of whatever it is this year.
Champions league stopped being a sensible name when they let 2nd placed teams in of, let alone now.

Also, once the league stage has ended, I suppose it sounds a little odd saying champions league..kniockouts, It's either a league or a knockout surely.