Things that annoy you about football.

C'est Moi Cantona

Maybe I never used to notice it, but I find myself becoming annoyed by things more and more by current day football, could be an age thing as well though, anyway..

Players talking behind thier hands, who cares what they are saying.

Managers squirting water into their mouths when ever something half exciting happens, almost always middle of the road manangers.

TV panning to the crowd, then two seconds later them realising they are on the big screen.

Rehearsed post match interviews, they must be told to be as boring as they are.

Sky sports 'percentage' stats...Jesus, it's like playschool.

Steve Mcmanaman, Ohhhhhh.

VAR I fear is going to top the lot.

midou

The same topics popping up in football forums every two weeks.

Dyslexic Untied

The talking behind the hands thing is the dumbest thing ever.

Short corners should be added to the list. Should be added to all lists really.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
You don't half sound like a miserable bastard, most of those aren't very irritating at all:lol:

Get off my fecking lawn you rotten kids! I hate VAR also

C'est Moi Cantona

Spitting. Disgusting and unnecessary.

Is the weather that bad, for many players to do so? Doubtful.

The players that do so, did it so their voice can be heard more clearly eg. Pogba tend to do this. Especially near the touchline or when the atmosphere is noisy.
I know Redmond said this, but it's bull, they do it so they the sad lip readers out there don't decipher what they are saying and try to make an even sadder story out of it.

PieCrust

Time wasting. "Professional" fouls. Missing part of the match on TV when instead they want to show something on the sideline or in the stands.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Social media led narratives that then turn into mainstream media narratives and then it becomes impossible to shake. Pogba would be an excellent example of this. The vast majority of non Utd fans would have you believe he’s been a huge flop since being here.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I know Redmond said this, but it's bull, they do it so they the sad lip readers out there don't decipher what they are saying and try to make an even sadder story out of it.
I've read that NBA and NFL players cover their mouths for the same reason Redmond said. I'm not convinced it's anything to do with lip-reading.

el3mel

Easily going into a meltdown each time your favorite team loses.

Denis79

Time wasting really pisses me off, especially acting injured. I would want that if it hurts so much they can't get up within reasonable time they should be forced off the pitch for medical treatment ( and ofcourse the game continues ), same goes for cramps. I would bet that 90% of the acting would disappear.

Edit: Even pisses me off when we do it.

Last edited:

Manny

Grammar Police
Players wasting time when getting subbed off.

That walking to the other side of pitch, the pretending you didn't know it was you about to subbed off, stopping to clap all four sides of the ground, hugging teammate, walking slow...

Deserving of quick yellows and second yellows, imo.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Not really annoyed, but it seems to me like 90% of all fouls at the moment are mostly simulation, to be honest. The perception of what a dive is has completely changed, I think, and this stuff has become completely normalised by now. What interests me is how much this sort of background preparation for a dive/anticipation of contact within a footballer's thinking could be taking away from their focus on actually playing football, and what sort of impact this all could be having on a player's and team's ability to play to their potential.

Edit: Just to add to this, I can understand why players do it, because in today's game with all the pressure on managers and all the money in football, you really can't make too many mistakes. There are £40m players on the bench waiting to take your place, and any mistake you make might end up getting seen all over the world on Youtube and Twitter. Still a shame that it's gotten like it has, though.

Last edited:

Dare to Zlatan

Supports
Zlatan
When players stay grounded whilst feinting injury desperate for the attacking team to put the ball out, only to jump up fine the second their team has the ball! Should be treated the same as diving, booking or retrospective action.

Dyslexic Untied

I've read that NBA and NFL players cover their mouths for the same reason Redmond said. I'm not convinced it's anything to do with lip-reading.
They do it when they walk off the pitch, as the stadiums are clearing and the cameras move in, when talking to mates on the other team etc. I think it’s a trend thing, borne by the feeling of self-importance players have.

devil in me

Social media led narratives that then turn into mainstream media narratives and then it becomes impossible to shake. Pogba would be an excellent example of this. The vast majority of non Utd fans would have you believe he’s been a huge flop since being here.
Absolutely this.

devil in me

When a player is down injured and the other team have the ball, and dont know wether to put the ball out or carry on, resulting in walking pace for about 30 seconds, and the player with the ball passing it to someone else to make the decision. LEAVE IT TO THE REF TO STOP THE GAME AND CARRY ON FFS!!!!!

Strats

Referees not being held accountable for their shite standards.
All types of time wasting.
Oil-funded clubs like City and PSG.

xonyo

Supports
Arsenal
One-footed players. I understand having a favoured foot, but some players seem incapable/unwilling of using their weak foot for even 10 yard passes.

jem

Not celebrating against a former team - rarely convincing at all.

parkthebuslads

Pundits not appreciating the difference between how they personally would like to see the sport refereed and the actual rules.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Statistical overkill and bloody heat-maps, save them for the scouts, and leave us fans to make our own judgment on how player A and B have played.

All seater Stadiums, do the authorities know how difficult it is to pee in somebodies pocket when they're sat down ?!

Chairman Woodie

I think I have raised this point elsewhere. Some fans take club rivalries far too seriously. Just read some of the content on rival forums. Some people do football no favours.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
The most annoying thing about Football today is a Social Media...a player United is chasing renews their contract or signs somewhere else and articles appear on Facebook "United fans look away now.." & " ABSOLUTELY EMBARRASSING" followed by a picture of Jose head in hands or something.

Also all the shit memes that appear on Facebook/Twitter after your club lose a match. Especially those "8-2 be an Arsenal fan right now". Forced football banter is the pitts.

It gets even worse around transfer season, "deal is close" or " Player has met with Mourinho" when that is actually called tapping up if no agreement with the club has been reached whereby the next step is getting to speak to the player.