Thinking of opening up a soft drink bar

Name Changed

weso26
If you opened it up in the middle of Dublin, all you would get is a congregation of junkies hanging in and around your bar getting their fix of fizzy drinks. Can't see that working.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Whaddyih mean yiz don't have red lemonade?

Hectic

Supports
30fps

Soon to be all over the UK, it was recently introduced in a Burger King in my area. Looks, it's like your dream, but better.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
What are your forecasted revenues and expenses for the first year? I don't need a diagram, just a rough figure.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
The target market just doesn't exist, who is going to go to a bar and sit at it specifically to drink soft drinks? You might as well just open a bar that serves food and have done with it.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
'Season ticket bought by high performance fan' might be the best sentence ever written

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
After studying that graph, I need a glass of the strongest...vanilla Coke.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)

Soon to be all over the UK, it was recently introduced in a Burger King in my area. Looks, it's like your dream, but better.
Yes, actually that is the very machine I am going to be investing in. I will hire maybe 3-4 people, give them training in how to operate the machine and get the whole thing going within a couple of weeks.

So the idea is to have two of these machines and then give the service of taping up the drink and serving it in a crystal glas. I will keep wages on above average to keep my staff happy and motivated to uphold the high standards I require.

Here's a small sketch I made. Don't mind the artistic side of this - My paintbrush skills are not up to top standards yet so this should only be considered a rough sketch.

So the soft drinks are coming off the machine and then there will be a couple of different fridges for the water since they all require their own special temperature to ensure maximum taste is given.

Would like to thank people for their input in this thread. All views are welcomed, positive and negative. I believe the non-alcoholic market is the one to go for since every other pub these days sell Carlsberg/Heineken. What's the point in opening a place like that?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
feck it, you can't say that doesn't look like a tempting emporium. A glass of water and what the hell, extra ice as well. In for a penny, in for a pound. It's worth it for the crystal glass.

Count Orduck

You'll want to watch out for the Romany who'll set up camp outside your door. Dublin is crawling with them.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Yes, actually that is the very machine I am going to be investing in. I will hire maybe 3-4 people, give them training in how to operate the machine and get the whole thing going within a couple of weeks.

So the idea is to have two of these machines and then give the service of taping up the drink and serving it in a crystal glas. I will keep wages on above average to keep my staff happy and motivated to uphold the high standards I require.

Here's a small sketch I made. Don't mind the artistic side of this - My paintbrush skills are not up to top standards yet so this should only be considered a rough sketch.

So the soft drinks are coming off the machine and then there will be a couple of different fridges for the water since they all require their own special temperature to ensure maximum taste is given.

Would like to thank people for their input in this thread. All views are welcomed, positive and negative. I believe the non-alcoholic market is the one to go for since every other pub these days sell Carlsberg/Heineken. What's the point in opening a place like that?
So, right down to the little hats, it's Burger King and McDonalds without the food and everything else that isn't Coke, Fanta or Sprite. You're even planning to use the same machine as those chains, but charge about 2 euro extra. The only thing that's different seems to be the 'crystal glass'. I'm sceptical that that's enough to build a business around, Successful.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
So seeing his plan now, essentially he wants to compete with everyone else selling soft drinks except he will serve his in a nice glass. Unfortunately that will require that the customers stay there and drink it, making it inconvenient for a large part of his target customer base.

What would be cool is if he served some burgers and fries(chips) also. Maybe give it a nice scottish sounding name like Mc something or others. Or maybe a royal sounding name like Burger Prince or something like that. But serve all the food on fine china.