This 2 game streak..

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJ1762

I see that people on the cafe are getting giddy because we beat Spurs and City. Well guess what? We lost to fecking newcastle, bournemouth, west ham and crystal palace. Performances against Sheffield and Villa were appalling. We have had our worst start in 30 years and have been on a dreadful run since March. We can't stop conceding goals, even after spending 130 million in the summer. The first step to being mediocre is accepting it. I fear that we will go nowhere under Ole, and with better candidates available, it's time to part ways. We are Manchester United, and we need a better manager than Ole, period.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I guess there wasn’t already a thread you could put this in

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Thanks for sharing. Couldn't this have gone into one of the dozens of other threads?

Why now?

Why not just enjoy a great week and be hopeful that this time the run continues? We can all moan to our hearts content if things go to shit.

Or in other words, just shut up.

lemmiwink

I see no point in sacking now. Give it to Ole till the end of the season and evaluate then. It could be a January transfer gets us over this small team problem, which would make Ole less of a risk tham say Poch.

DVG7

do you think in the history of football that a manager has been sacked off the back of winning two massive games?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Oh no we beat 2 of the better teams in the league when everybody expected us to fail!

how dare we be positive and enjoy a great week.

do one ffs. Football clearly isn’t for you.

Our problem is not against teams that come to attack us, it is against teams who sit back and defend giving us no space to run into. Still, we just beat City and Spurs. Enjoy it.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I got a warning for writing a negative post jokingly, it was pointless so fair enough. I'm saying that to say this, it wasn't too dissimilar to the opening post here.. which should tell you something about your hopes for this thread.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I see that people on the cafe are getting giddy because we beat Spurs and City. Well guess what? We lost to fecking newcastle, bournemouth, west ham and crystal palace. Performances against Sheffield and Villa were appalling. We have had our worst start in 30 years and have been on a dreadful run since March. We can't stop conceding goals, even after spending 130 million in the summer. The first step to being mediocre is accepting it. I fear that we will go nowhere under Ole, and with better candidates available, it's time to part ways. We are Manchester United, and we need a better manager than Ole, period.
This is a good candidate for "Worst Timed Post Of The Century"

wolvored

do you think in the history of football that a manager has been sacked off the back of winning two massive games?
We had a manager who won 7 games on the trot before he was sacked. Winning 2 is nothing.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Our record against the top teams is very good. Few teams have caused Liverpool trouble this season. When you talk about youth, you talk about potential and we have a young squad. However I think we can say a shape is being formed. We're starting to get an idea of positions and we're not their yet. We have a ways to go. Against the smaller teams etc, and many are good at hitting on the break also....we have to be smarter. Coax them out and then strike them. Or force it more, because even great teams can missplace a pass or give it away under pressure. I think we are not forceful enough but it can come. At the minute, we are getting sucker punched all the time so we need to keep tweaking things but we have something to build on. Players are establishing themselves. We've got rid of some poor players/smalling may come back - certainly a good defender who might have helped us a lot this season. It's a young team and if we add to it intelligently, then we will improve. We've had what 10 pens this season? With the help of VAR..I think Vars helped us because we do have that pace that can cause players to lunge in but let's see what if we can bring that level of concentration into the next game/s

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I wish I was cool enough to say it how it is.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I just don't get it, how bloody miserable must you be to not be able to just enjoy just yesterday's result and performance let alone the Spurs one before it?

I mean seriously give up football because if games like yesterday don't get you happy and give you renewed excitement then nothing will

SteveW

We've won 6 out our last 7 when McTominay and Fred have played. We've started to score regularly after struggling to create chances earlier in the season.

If you can't see the progress I don't know what to say. We just need a couple of signings to fix the holes in the squad and we'll be doing well.

The commitment to misery of some on here is almost impressive.

We can't stop conceding goals, even after spending 130 million in the summer.
Only 4 clubs has conceded less, so its not all doom and gloom. Last year we were 10th on the conceded goals list, so the investments might even have started to pay off. But yeah, keep on whining.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Well, that's enough RedCafe for me for one night.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
While I agree with the sentiment, this is a waste of a thread as your point is discussed in multiple threads already. Nothing wrong with trying to find some positives in an overall disappointing season. Also, you never truly know when a game or run of games can become a catalyst for the team. It's more likely that the team regress to the mean and keeps this poor record, but there's a chance that it turns around. Don't take hope away from the people! :p

In Rainbows

You follow the evidence. Sure, there is more evidence he's not cut out for the job, hence why I've been a constant in the anti-Ole sentiment. However, there is no reason to moan right now. He's done really well these last 2 matches. You're confusing the idea with wanting him out, with wanting him to fail. Don't confuse the two. I want him to succeed and so does any United fan. Only reason I want him out is because I feel he's not good enough. You don't need to bring needless negativity.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
fecking hell ManUtd fans are happy after beating Spurs and City away in span of 3-4 days? Bunch of clueless cnuts. Should bin them and sign few from twitter who sets high standards.

PaulScholes99

I am not too happy with Ole overall but what the hell. How can you not just enjoy such a week after the last 6 years we went? We can start moaning again when we play bad against bottom half opponents but right now it's time to enjoy the results of this week. You know that City actually lost 4 games at Etihad in PL since the start of 17/18 season? 2 of them against us.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I guess there wasn’t already a thread you could put this in
Thanks for sharing. Couldn't this have gone into one of the dozens of other threads?
Don't worry guys, he has covered that too

Bro, I want Poch as our next manager, but you are writing english essays when you could just say Poch is a better manager than Ole and leave it at that. This 2 game streak has suddenly wiped our fans memories of a dreadful run since March. Do people realise that we have had our worst start in 30 years? The first step to being mediocre is accepting it. We are Manchester United and we need a better manager than Ole, period.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
You are mistaking 'a better manager' with wanting a better set of results from this first half of the season. You have mistaken the two my friend.

Ole's record vs the top 6 should tell you that no manager in the world would be able to motivate this group of players more than him. With that in mind - let him continue what he's doing. His 3 signings have been bang on. He's cleared almost all of the deadwood we wanted out.

You must also consider that we have actually been very unlucky in the games that we have dropped points in.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It makes me sick to see people celebrating winning a derby, knowing that Pochettino is looking for a job.

justboy68

Lets wait to see if we do feck up in the next few games before we start being miserable again. In these trying times you have to let yourself enjoy weeks like this one.

DoomSlayer

Some people should be banned from making threads permanently. At least make it funny for fecks sake. :houllier:

always_hoping

Looking at the league table now after 16 games, note that the difference between United and City over this season is the number of draws. Both have lost 4 games...

Status
Not open for further replies.