This article...

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I knew from reading the first sentence that nothing good will come from clicking that link.

Turns out I was right. I'm now depressed.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It makes me feel that the club isn't going through a fallow patch, It's almost ceased to exist except as a soulless commercial vehicle. It really is like supporting Disneyland.

Rory 7

I literally just read this on twitter and forwarded it to a friend of mine. Mainly because he slags me over my views on Rashford. I was too scared to re-post on here as I don't want to be responsible for the consequences of reading this. Sadly it captures how I feel to a tee.

ship50

My final comment of the day before the limit expires. That article is almost an echo of what I am feeling now. I still have the faith but totally agree with the parts about our 'world class' players. Well, at least they can now leave as they know that we are in no position to fill the team with many 'world class' players to lift their own game. I just want to see how many CL winning teams are willing to take them and for what value.

C'est Moi Cantona

Heck its bad just now isn't it, worse still that everything that got us into this mess is stlll firmly in place at the club.

harrington

Supports
Aston Villa
You always seem to have to deal with pointless reiteration in fan blog-type articles. It's not enough for love and loyalty to be swiftly stated up front; tedious back-up declarations have to be introduced for buttressing. Also, really dislike the way the word 'toxic' has rapidly begun to replace the perfectly functional and more euphonious older choice 'poisonous' in modern speech and writing. Sort it out, bloggers!

Reactions: SteveJ

Dion

Not everything is shit, that's not how life works. He goes and systematically dismantles virtually every player in the squad to an insane degree.

God knows what he would have said about O'Shea, Brown, Berg etc. in this team.

tomaldinho1

I think it's OTT in fairness. Much of it is true but I think from this season we can cling onto some positives like McT's emergence, Lindelof's revival and i do think Dalot looks like he could be a great player for us.

Most of the issues we have are simply from ignoring past issues, we've been poor transfer wise and it's all just coming to a head with a dressing room made up of 3 or 4 different manager's players.

Irishman

That article is simply a duplication of what many on this forum have said all season and indeed before.

From a football perspective this club is on its knees and on a perpetual downward spiral.

It's so badly run from a footballing perspective you'd almost believe that Fergie and Sir Matts work to build our club is purposely being dismantled bit by bit until we are endanger of being sucked into a football black hole which we may never be able to escape from.

I wish I could offer some optimism but the only way I can see us escaping from the nightmare is that the clubs owners realise that their cash cow is not paying out as generously as it once did and decide to sell up and move on.

Their departure could be hastened if the fans brought a sustained and robost level of protest to their door not seen before and give them the same type of headache as we have suffered having to put up with the shenanigans at our ailing club.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Not everything is shit, that's not how life works. He goes and systematically dismantles virtually every player in the squad to an insane degree.

God knows what he would have said about O'Shea, Brown, Berg etc. in this team.
Its fecking bollocks. Liverpool have literally shown what an effectively coached and functioning team can achieve without the need for a world class player in every position.

Josh 76

Could be worse, we could have Milner, Henderson, Matip, Wynaldam, Origi, a full back for 8m from a relegated team and promote another from the youth team......Oh wait

Never as bad as it seems. Only takes 2 or 3 signings and the whole vibe changes.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Could be worse, we could have Milner, Henderson, Matip, Wynaldam, Origi, a full back for 8m from a relegated team and promote another from the youth team......Oh wait

Never as bad as it seems. Only takes 2 or 3 signings and the whole vibe changes.
Our 12/13 team was nothing extraordinary. Won the league with one world class forward and a brilliant manager. (Not saying we're one WC player away from winning the league)

settembrini

Lingard 'gets an easy ride because he’s popular on social media' is one of the weirdest opinions on a United player I've read all season.

Skills

Snitch
SAF wanted him gone as a young lad due to attitude and we’ve brought him back as an adult

This guy probably shouldn't be trying to follow a career in journalism.

UnitedFan93

Crap article. It focuses far too much on the players and only at the end does it briefly address the real problem facing the club, the Glazer family. Get owners in that actually have sporting ambitions and you'll soon find all the squad problems go away.

Last edited:

George The Best

Crap article. It focuses far too much on the players and only at the end does it briefly address the real problem facing the club, the Glazer family. Get owners in that actually have sporting ambitions and you'll soon find all the squad problems go away.
Unfortunately that’s the biggest single problem we can’t fix - unless you know someone who has £5bn down the back of the sofa.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Unfortunately that’s the biggest single problem we can’t fix - unless you know someone who has £5bn down the back of the sofa.
Is there any example in history of fan power working, I wonder? Even in other sports?

KeanoMagicHat

The writer is understandably frustrated but if every United player was flawed to the extent he says then United would have been 10th or 11th, not within touching distance of top 4.

Let's say we had Wan Bissaka instead of Young and Mahrez instead of Sanchez for the last 10 games of the season, United could well be in the top 4. With their own problems to work out, like Chelsea have, but all the thoughts would be on how United would build on the team this season and how 3-4 signings would bring it all together. United team needs work but is not completely useless. It may seem that way after the run of results recently but they're somewhere in between the blitz of wins and the lack of wins.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Its fecking bollocks. Liverpool have literally shown what an effectively coached and functioning team can achieve without the need for a world class player in every position.
Yet you’re defending an article which crucifies our team on the basis that we don’t have world class players in every position. Go figure.

EDIT: You’re not defending it, are you? My bad. Took Klopp a while to turn Liverpool into a functioning team, mind you. A while and multiple signings.

Reddy Rederson

Is there any example in history of fan power working, I wonder? Even in other sports?
Need a gofundme campaign to raise the funds to buy the club from the glazers. Then you’d need to appoint a board from the fans, then you’d need to implement a voting structure for the fans to vote on new board members when a vote came about. Etc etc etc etc etc. Other than that, the fans don’t matter a hill of beans.

passing-wind

The key is that Klopp is one of the best managers in world football.

Solskjaer is one of the worst managers in the league, his record is poor and his only triumph is in a league 1 standard Norwegian division.

Mcking

Exactly what you would expect from a fan forum.
The way he talked about our players, you would think he was talking about a team that just got relegated. We should identify and sign the next Messi.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
All pretty spot on exept for the whole "Fergie didn't like Pogba's attitude and wanted him gone"

That's ofcourse nonsense.

Toad

Just goes to show that Ferguson knew what he was doing with Pogba. He isn’t good for the team and needs to be a smaller fish in a big pond. Ferguson knew how to manage players and he saw him as a player who couldn’t be managed in his way.

Jones seems to be staying most likely because Ferguson likes him and Solskjær can’t let go of that.

He is right about McTominay as well, so overrated on this forum, he simply hasn’t got enough quality to be a top midfielder for us.

I’m still quite up and down with Shaw and the same with Rashford, he has no consistency and is completely lost in this team. Martial is never going to make it as well in my opinion, attitude is all wrong for someone who could be so talented.

De Gea and Lindelof are genuinely the only Manchester United players for me, they have either the quality or the identity to play for us. Everyone else, maybe apart from Rashford I couldn’t care less if they leave.

pascell

Just goes to show that Ferguson knew what he was doing with Pogba. He isn’t good for the team and needs to be a smaller fish in a big pond. Ferguson knew how to manage players and he saw him as a player who couldn’t be managed in his way.

Jones seems to be staying most likely because Ferguson likes him and Solskjær can’t let go of that.

He is right about McTominay as well, so overrated on this forum, he simply hasn’t got enough quality to be a top midfielder for us.

I’m still quite up and down with Shaw and the same with Rashford, he has no consistency and is completely lost in this team. Martial is never going to make it as well in my opinion, attitude is all wrong for someone who could be so talented.

De Gea and Lindelof are genuinely the only Manchester United players for me, they have either the quality or the identity to play for us. Everyone else, maybe apart from Rashford I couldn’t care less if they leave.
Was it the new 4 year deal that gave you the impression Jones is staying? SAF is nothing to do with our decision to give Jones a new deal, that was down to Woodward and Judge.

Red00012

An article saying all our players are rubbish. Any poster could have done it.

How about delving a bit deeper and see who’s sitting in the executive seats maybe? And some American owners with it.

Web of Bissaka

Mostly things most of us share and expressed already here in the caf. Also many fans not here share the same views. Nothing new.
Some I disagree, mostly yeap same.

I enjoy reading the last 3 paragraphs the most.
If we do appoint a Director of Football, I want somebody who is qualified to do the role and understands the role. I don’t want an old boy who is a yes man and nothing more than a glorified ambassador for the club. Ed Woodward is the Glazers man and going nowhere. He is out of his depth when it comes to the football side of the club. Hence our displacement from the top table, despite 4 different managers and absolute fortunes spent. We can’t blame the lack of investment, the money has been spent but just been done erratically. We have signed the wrong players at the wrong prices and paid mediocre players superstar wages. That has got to change for sure as it’s not sustainable.

As fans there is nothing we can do to change what is going on at the club. We can’t halt the demise, we just have to hope that the right decisions will eventually be made. I hear of protests and walk outs, aimed at the Glazers and Woodward. It would never work, we have all just renewed our Season Tickets for next season and as always it’s before the current season ends. For all those that didn’t renew, there were plenty to take their places. United is a massive cash cow and it’s continually fed with the commercial side of the business. Football is secondary to that but we all had a choice and my love of United keeps me coming back for more.

I used to think you always had to take the rough with the smooth supporting your team and I still adhere to that mantra. However, as a Manchester band once sang, if I hadn’t seen such riches I could live with being poor.