This Brexit FC transfer approach

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Im hostile because this is disingenuous and polluted this forum for 6 months, polluted every transfer thread in this period then we get replies like this that knows it bullshit but is a kind of... Oh well.
You once told me we only linked ourselves to Eriksen, De Ligt and Dybala because we knew we wouldnt get them so we could dsguise our Brexit FC approach. All this nonsense folliwed by your weak excuse today has actually insulted me.
Its all so disingenuous and a waste of time. Its ok to be wrong but this taints any future discussion i may have with you. Which is unfortunate because you are generally a knowledgeable poster.
Sincere apologies for hurting your feelings. Let me give you a cyber hug

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
We've got until (I think) December this year to sign any U18 foreign kids from abroad until it becomes impossible again. Our scouting team should be on a permanent holiday in Rio de Janeiro scooping up all those beach ballers whilst we have the chance.
You're getting a bit confused. Rio de Janeiro isn't in the EU. The da Silva brothers were our last high profile Brazilian U18 signings and they couldn't play until they turned 18. As for players in the EU, we've already been stepping up recruitment this past year with the signings of Mejbri and Emeran, trying to sign Cherki etc and I expect we'll continue to do so.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Too late buddy.... Too late...
Look mate I am not a top poster and I never hid that to anyone. I am too emotional, I tend to suffer from mood swings, I struggle with controlling my sarcasm and I lack patience. The latter tend to become a bigger problem when you live in a country were it can reach the 40 degrees Celsius in Summer. If you want to follow guys whose posts are nearly always top notch then I'd suggest the likes of Blunder, JPRouve and Pogue whom I rate as better posters then I am. However

a- While I do believe you, its hard to defend against a post I am not seeing.
b- Regarding those three signings. Here is what I think

- De Ligt. I doubt we were really for him especially once the big clubs starting circling around him. A- He would have costed us a bomb which means Ole would have to choose between him and Maguire. B- We needed experience at the back. C- He's a Mino's player. D- Mino made it quite clear that he wanted to insert a minimum clause fee. Ole might have had the influence to persuade Haaland to put his agent back in his box but he couldn't possibly do that to De Ligt. He didn't know the guy

-Eriksen. That, I believe was a waste of time same as Dybala's deal. Eriksen made it quite obvious that he wanted to leave the EPL. Dybala needed to be dragged out of Juventus and he also had that image rights issue that needed to be tackled. That's not a problem to be sorted out in the few days left in the transfer market

Classical Mechanic

Its EU u18 players that will be out of reach. The only reason why we could was because EU law stopped FIFA from banning the practice but its not up to England or its politicians to create an exemption, its out of their hands.
This is FIFA dream scenario, Brexit has fecked us.
Fair enough. To be fair, FIFA don't like it because the richer leagues have been able to steel talent from the lesser leagues for next to nothing which helps to create the kind of league oligarchy in European football that we have currently. We'll be at a competitive disadvantage compared in this regard to the other European leagues now admittedly.

cyril C

I dont know where you got that from, as we both signed up to keep the common free travel area between our 2 countries last year that was originally signed prior to both of us joining 73 even in a no trade deal.
Try to address a few comment in 1 go. The Immigration issue is not negotiated yet and obviously there will be 1-2 years (at least) of grace period. But, do you think EU will agree to England's request that we will like to take your best U18 footballers but not your U18 poor refugees? Wake up to Brexit.

I notice there are many Irish academy players in England, with various status. Some are probably born/raised in England with their parents, but can choose to represent Ireland when grown up, hence my original statement. Some may be coming from Ireland who would face the same issue as other EU young citizens eventually. Developing in NI Academy might be the route but I don't think NI Academies are that much better than Ireland's.

Dante

Average bang
@Schmeichel's Cartwheel is consistently one of the most anti-United posters on the forum. He gets giddy about twisting the knife on every matter: real or invented. In the case of this thread, it's invented.

rollingstoned1

what an utter dumpster fire of a thread which reads like a typical deranged sjw rant. the op should know that fergie especially wanted the best British talent himself and you can't argue that it didn't serve him/us well. people here like to complain about how overrated/overpriced british talent is and as an alternative suggest us taking punts on talents from the continent as though all our problems will be solved by the constant assembly line of phenoms from romance language nations which is when they are ok with taking that same logic they complain about to another extreme.

Mark Pawelek

Yep. We are being taken to the cleaners for overrated British 'talent'. Ole's obsession with them is annoying - just look at the players we've been linked with.

There are some bargains out there being completely ignored by Ole and his band of young Brit loving scouts. Something something United way.
Name them.

TsuWave

a typical deranged sjw rant.
It’s funny because you used the words SJW, and I’ve never seen anyone more deranged than the people that use those words to insult/criticise others. At its very core, that term even existing let alone be used in a derogatory manner, should tell you a few things about yourself.

rollingstoned1

It’s funny because you used the words SJW, and I’ve never seen anyone more deranged than the people that use those words to insult/criticise others. At its very core, that term even existing let alone be used in a derogatory manner, should tell you a few things about yourself.
it exists for a reason, if you don't like it just lump it i guess? there is nothing derogatory about it unless you identify with that moral high ground and the virtue signalling PC culture thought police you find on online message boards in particular.

Dante

Average bang
it exists for a reason, if you don't like it just lump it i guess? there is nothing derogatory about it unless you identify with that moral high ground and the virtue signalling PC culture thought police you find on online message boards in particular.
The term SJW exists in order to shut down conversation.

Are you a Social Injustice Warrior who fights to make society more unfair?

rollingstoned1

The term SJW exists in order to shut down conversation.

Are you a Social Injustice Warrior who fights to make society more unfair?
shutting down conversation like what you just did you mean?

nice try with the baiting and straw man but no.

Dante

Average bang
shutting down conversation like what you just did you mean?

nice try with the baiting and straw man but no.
SJW doesn't mean anythiing. Its use shuts down conversation, as evidenced by the fact the opposite term is just as nonsensical.

Wanting social justice is a good thing. Throwing around an acronym as a byword for something else is disingenuous.

Where on the social justice warrior to social injustice warrior spectrum do you sit?

rollingstoned1

SJW doesn't mean anythiing. Its use shuts down conversation, as evidenced by the fact the opposite term is just as nonsensical.

Wanting social justice is a good thing. Throwing around an acronym as a byword for something else is disingenuous.

Where on the social justice warrior to social injustice warrior spectrum do you sit?
stick to the topic, we are not having a political discussion here. if you want to keep grandstanding be my guest but don't expect a response from me.

rollingstoned1

You introduced the politics.
i didn't, the OP did by trying to insinuate there is some xenophobia in us pursuing British talent when we have always followed it in one form or another and our biggest signing this window was from abroad.

Dante

Average bang
i didn't, the OP did by trying to insinuate there is some xenophobia in us pursuing British talent when we have always followed it in one form or another and our biggest signing this window was from abroad.
No he didn't. That's something you inferred.

The OP is a football hipster who idealises European clubs like Barca and Real, and wants United's character to follow suit in the same way that City or Liverpool have.

rollingstoned1

No he didn't. That's something you inferred.

The OP is a football hipster who idealises European clubs like Barca and Real, and wants United's character to follow suit in the same way that City or Liverpool have.
if he didn't he could have used a different title then, the use of the word Brexit has almost become synonymous with xenophobia.

TsuWave

it exists for a reason,
It exists because dickheads get defensive about being dickheads.

there is nothing derogatory about it
yet you used it in this exact sentence and context: “a typical deranged SJW rant”.

also, “virtue signalling PC culture thought police” the thought of an adult saying stuff like this in a non-satirical manner is :lol:

stick to the topic, we are not having a political discussion here. if you want to keep grandstanding be my guest but don't expect a response from me.
so, a political choice then?

rollingstoned1

It exists because dickheads get defensive about being dickeads.
yea when there are snowflakes who are looking for a reason to get triggered over any damn thing basically others have to necessarily be dickheads.

yet you used it in this exact sentence and context: “a typical deranged SJW rant”.

also, “virtue signalling PC culture thought police” the thought of an adult saying stuff like this in a non-satirical manner is :lol:
if the shoe fits as they say.

i said calling someone an sjw isn't necessarily derogatory yet it got you triggered. as for the rest it is the same as someone throwing around bywords like fascist, incel or whatever at something they don't agree with. Over-simplified categorization works both ways.;) Kinda like adults who can't think for shit washing their hand in running water and sitting on their high horse.

so, a political choice then?
another baited question. if that fits into your narrow 2 tone world view then yes you can knock yourself out and go ahead and assume that.

TsuWave

yea when there are snowflakes who are looking for a reason to get triggered over any damn thing basically others have to necessarily be dickheads.
How is this not nonsense? So your life philosophy is “there are people who get triggered, so let me trigger them some more”? This is the calling you heard and felt the need to suit up for?

if the shoe fits as they say.

i said calling someone an sjw isn't necessarily derogatory yet it got you triggered. as for the rest it is the same as someone throwing around bywords like fascist, incel or whatever at something they don't agree with. Over-simplified categorization works both ways.;) Kinda like adults who can't think for shit washing their hand in running water and sitting on their high horse.
Now this reads like a deranged rant, all the way down to the moronic imagery.

if he didn't he could have used a different title then, the use of the word Brexit has almost become synonymous with xenophobia.
You politicised the title, added your hang ups to it then projected onto OP and burst through the walls talking about SJWs. Hold up, does that mean the title...triggered you?

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
How is this not nonsense? So your life philosophy is “there are people who get triggered, so let me trigger them some more”? This is the calling you heard and felt the need to suit up for?

You politicised the title, added your hang ups to it then projected onto OP and burst through the walls talking about SJWs. Hold up, does that mean the title...triggered you?
For someone who is implicitly critical of people who ‘trigger’ others, you seem more than happy to engage in some ‘triggering’ yourself by bandying about terms like ‘dickhead’, ‘moronic’ ‘deranged’. Passive aggressive sarcasm like ‘this is the calling you felt the need to suit up for.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the term SJW, if the term has inherent negative connotations, you would have to consider why that might be the case. As for asserting that all social justice is a good thing, it would really depend on context as the parameters of that could be defined in any number of ways.

what you said about ‘dickheads like to defend themselves being dickheads’ is more or less a perfect example of the kind of ‘thought police’ dynamic the other poster referred to. That is, you have assumed yourself as the arbiter of what a ‘dickhead’ is, and made it clear that you’re quite willing to ‘Police’ this by being verbally abusive and passive aggressive to anyone who might have the temerity to disagree with you.

it’s all quite shoddy behaviour in my opinion! Most unsavoury.

Classical Mechanic

I'm just amazed that anyone ever even bought into this. It was always only about having a British core that will stay at the club long term which to build around. We signed numerous foreign youth players in the summer anyway.

rollingstoned1

who said anything about a life philosophy? :lol: calm your tits down and stop frothing at the mouth. it is not my fault you got triggered so don't make asinine and irrelevant comments to that effect. as for deranged ranting, well i have certain imagery in mind for the anodyne and gormless word salad you came up with up there but then i only come here to talk football and not politics and that too especially with people of a certain persuasion so i don't want to get banned for doing so. Let's just leave it at that. You should have a look at what you're posting before accusing me of projecting, irony died a 1000 deaths when you proceeded to do just that but i suppose when you're waiting to get offended that can only be par for the course. One can't throw a stone without hitting one of these sorts who live in their own utopic bubble on the interwebz nowadays.

And yes, i politicised the title by making it all about brexit. :rolleyes: What a leap of surreal logic that is. An insecure snowflake who cannot handle someone using the word sjw is going to act like someone dishonored him now.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Not that odd.

He's a short-term addition (on loan, at that) who in all likelihood wouldn't have been brought in if it weren't for Rashford's injury.

He's also a player who wanted the move in spite of playing for less money because he's a boyhood United fan. "Culturally", he seems fine.

TsuWave

For someone who is implicitly critical of people who ‘trigger’ others, you seem more than happy to engage in some ‘triggering’ yourself by bandying about terms like ‘dickhead’, ‘moronic’ ‘deranged’.
Merely complementing and keeping in tone with the initial assertion I questioned, that being “a typical deranged SJW rant”.

Passive aggressive sarcasm like ‘this is the calling you felt the need to suit up for.
I mean this was their response:

“yea when there are snowflakes who are looking for a reason to get triggered over any damn thing basically others have to necessarily be dickheads.”

I just asked if that’s what they took on as their calling

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the term SJW, if the term has inherent negative connotations, you would have to consider why that might be the case.
I find it a stupid term, and more time ironically comical, which are things this whole exchange confirmed again.

As for asserting that all social justice is a good thing, it would really depend on context as the parameters of that could be defined in any number of ways.
I didn’t make that assertion :confused:

what you said about ‘dickheads like to defend themselves being dickheads’ is more or less a perfect example of the kind of ‘thought police’ dynamic the other poster referred to. That is, you have assumed yourself as the arbiter of what a ‘dickhead’ is, and made it clear that you’re quite willing to ‘Police’ this by being verbally abusive and passive aggressive to anyone who might have the temerity to disagree with you.

it’s all quite shoddy behaviour in my opinion! Most unsavoury.
You mean like how one would barge in waffling about deranged SJWs, assuming themselves arbiters of such, and making it clear they are willing to police it by being verbally abusive and passive aggressive to anyone who might have the temerity to disagree or question it?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
what an utter dumpster fire of a thread which reads like a typical deranged sjw rant. the op should know that fergie especially wanted the best British talent himself and you can't argue that it didn't serve him/us well. people here like to complain about how overrated/overpriced british talent is and as an alternative suggest us taking punts on talents from the continent as though all our problems will be solved by the constant assembly line of phenoms from romance language nations which is when they are ok with taking that same logic they complain about to another extreme.
Sure but lets not miss out on the Schmeichels, Vds, vidic,evra, canrona, yorke, ronaldo's, henry's etc because they are not british.

rollingstoned1

Sure but lets not miss out on the Schmeichels, Vds, vidic,evra, canrona, yorke, ronaldo's, henry's etc because they are not british.
No one did. Who said our success was based only on british signings anyway ?

JohnnyKills

Given the news about clubs being unable to sign U18 foreigners after Brexit, it's interesting to note United's recent strategy.

Hire a load of scouts from all over Europe, hire a coach who's happy to work with youngsters and get rid of loads of experienced players, creating plenty of gaps in the squad.

Have we done all this to give ourselves a headstart on recruiting the best young players this summer? Or am I smoking too much crack?

cyril C

You're getting a bit confused. Rio de Janeiro isn't in the EU. The da Silva brothers were our last high profile Brazilian U18 signings and they couldn't play until they turned 18. As for players in the EU, we've already been stepping up recruitment this past year with the signings of Mejbri and Emeran, trying to sign Cherki etc and I expect we'll continue to do so.
Sorry to jump in since you mention da Silva brothers. I recall the rule on international players was that someone must play at National team in order to register in EPL, so how did da Silva get to start games, even turned 18? Was it because they represented U21 or U19? But hundred of young players could be playing for U19 until they are deemed average.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Given the news about clubs being unable to sign U18 foreigners after Brexit, it's interesting to note United's recent strategy.

Hire a load of scouts from all over Europe, hire a coach who's happy to work with youngsters and get rid of loads of experienced players, creating plenty of gaps in the squad.

Have we done all this to give ourselves a headstart on recruiting the best young players this summer? Or am I smoking too much crack?
You are only worried about the amount of crack that you are smoking, not the fact that you are smoking crack at all?

And we started revamping the scouting network before Brexit was definitely a thing, so I would assume that it's a coincidence.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Sorry to jump in since you mention da Silva brothers. I recall the rule on international players was that someone must play at National team in order to register in EPL, so how did da Silva get to start games, even turned 18? Was it because they represented U21 or U19? But hundred of young players could be playing for U19 until they are deemed average.
The young ones get a "special talent" classification. Easier with some players/nationalities than others of course, but the top clubs seldom had trouble getting the exemption, even if they had to appeal for it (appeal = lots of letters from scouts/coaches saying how great they are + any caps/awards from U18 Tournaments etc).