This current team has huge issues...

Sam

I'm sure right now you're all happy and giddy because we won. But quite frankly, if it wasn't for some very unlikely refereeing calls, we'd have had lost that. In fact, we were having our asses handed to us. We were being totally and utterly outclassed and outplayed. I don't want this thread to be about the calls today (that can go somewhere else) but without them, we wouldn't have won today.

Our defence and our midfield just look a complete and utter shambles. And not only that, even when they were down to 9, we were still sitting back, they were still the better team. And we looked like we could still concede. 9 men, and they still looked like they could nick a goal. How is that even possible?

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Torres
Mata Oscar Hazard

200 million pound attack there. Although the issues prevail from the start of the season, I'm not going to use this game as a base for anything

Sam

Torres
Mata Oscar Hazard

200 million pound attack there. Although the issues prevail from the start of the season, I'm not going to use this game as a base for anything
They had 9 men on the pitch and still looked like scoring. We still looked shit scared every time they attacked.

That's got nothing to do with 200 million pounds worth of attacking talent. That's just pure incompetence.

kps88

HUGE issues. Utter shambles I tell you. Relegation beckons.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
What the feck is wrong with people?
Aside from ten minutes before the first half, we weren't being outplayed by Chelsea at all. It's obvious that we stayed back after we scored the third goal to protect the lead and get three points.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I'm sure right now you're all happy and giddy because we won. But quite frankly, if it wasn't for some very unlikely refereeing calls, we'd have had lost that. In fact, we were having our asses handed to us. We were being totally and utterly outclassed and outplayed. I don't want this thread to be about the calls today (that can go somewhere else) but without them, we wouldn't have won today.

Our defence and our midfield just look a complete and utter shambles. And not only that, even when they were down to 9, we were still sitting back, they were still the better team. And we looked like we could still concede. 9 men, and they still looked like they could nick a goal. How is that even possible?
You were throwing a fit even before the game started because you couldn't read the lineup and thought Valencia was not playing.

Just find somewhere else to be a whiney bitch. You've nothing of worth to add to this forum.

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
Don't think anyone would deny that this team has issues.

Usually after big wins though I like to spend at least an hour being happy about a win before being worried about the negatives. and this was a huge win. So what's wrong with enjoying it for a while before we start worrying about our issues?

I'm always right

Piss off.

It was 2-2, Ivanovic then denied Young a clear goal-scoring opportunity, had he not done so, we likely would've been 3-2 up.

Basically, shut the feck up. It's early season and we're playing our way into form, we're in a very good position in the league.

But please.... moan away.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Hey Sam you're not telling us anything we haven't known so far.We know we've got lucky today and we know the issues are still far from being resolved.
Enjoy the win man and don't be a bitch

Sam

oh stop whinging. we are doing more than fine
Like I say, I'm sure most are just gonna ignore the performance and look at the result.

But just remember, without the ref, we'd have lost tonight, and even though we won, Chelsea were the far better team. Just like Everton, Tottenham, Southampton etc have been against us this season. Dont bury your heads in the sand and pretend this current United team doesn't have some major flaws that are not being addressed.

Lance Uppercut

We were 2 nil up without the "benefit" of any calls. Which part of that was outclassed, outplayed, a shambles, etc?

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Once they scored the equaliser we started pushing forward again and looked the better team, hence we were attacking and clean through when Young was taken down and Chelsea went down to 10 men. IMHO we had a good chance of a win v 11 and certainly a draw. I also believe Young would have scored.

While I would agree with you after some performances this season, I think the timing of this thread is way off.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
They had 9 men on the pitch and still looked like scoring. We still looked shit scared every time they attacked.

That's got nothing to do with 200 million pounds worth of attacking talent. That's just pure incompetence.
I'd fancy Chelsea to beat us with 6 men at the Bridge. Am I right in saying we have the worst record there than anywhere else over the last 10, or maybe even 20 years?

Chelsea. Bridge. Cheating. Scumbags. Payback. Bitch. Wankers. Referees.

And how come we never get a bloody 12:45 kick off there? It's always late.

Steven Seagull

First half an hour we were great. Compact, counter attacked quickly and moved it around well. Midfield and Rooney worked their bollocks off. Then we were 2-0 up and it looked like we had about 7 attacking players on the pitch who aren't very good at defending. We were content to play the game in our own half which is pretty naive when you look at the goals we've conceded this season.

To compound this, Ferguson takes off one of our two midfielders for a fecking poacher. Who scores the winner yet again. Don't really know what to make of it all.

TheReligion

Abusive

What the feck is this.

They didn't look like nicking anything with 9 men, they looked good today when they had some momentum but don't forget we were ripping them apart, as the away team, for a good 30 minutes.

We still have an unsettled back line, with some top players out injured.

Wind your neck in.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Piss off.

It was 2-2, Ivanovic then denied Young a clear goal-scoring opportunity, had he not done so, we likely would've been 3-2 up.

Basically, shut the feck up. It's early season and we're playing our way into form, we're in a very good position in the league.

But please.... moan away.
yep

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
They're not 'huge tissues'; they're Phelan's shorts.

Jacob

Playing away to a team that is top of the league and unbeaten is a difficult setting to dominate play with. I think we were pressed back unnecessarily much at times but Chelsea are in excellent form while we've been on a slump.

Sam

We were 2 nil up without the "benefit" of any calls. Which part of that was outclassed, outplayed, a shambles, etc?
We've been doing this for ages now. Being on top, looking in complete control, then retreating into our shells and getting our asses handed to us.

But hey, if you lot just want to go mad cios we beat 9 men at the bridge, be my guest. But I'm not gonna kid myself that today was a good performance or that we deserved anything from that game. Chelsea were the better team, and they will feel absolutely robbed today. And so they should.

Enjoy pretending everything is rosey. But don't be shocked when we have our asses handed to us again at some point this season.

Will Absolute

Too much mediocrity in the side - too many players not good enough to play for Manchester United - terrible recent record in the transfer market - not buying the right players - buying the wrong players - musical chairs selection by Fergie.

Apart from that - we're fine.

Forevergiggs

This is the guy who was pissed that we picked Young before Valencia in this game. :rolleyes: Hard to take him seriously.

We won, be freaking happy about it.

TheReligion

Abusive
If we have huge issues by beating the unbeaten top of the league side away from home at a place we haven't won in 10 years then I hope these huge issues continue!

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
We are far from perfect and not a truely great side. I don't think that's a doubt.

But we've now won at Anfield, Stamford Bride and St James park so at this season. We failed to win in any of these grounds last year.

We have a great team spirit. Sometimes that can be enough.

TheReligion

Abusive
We've been doing this for ages now. Being on top, looking in complete control, then retreating into our shells and getting our asses handed to us.

But hey, if you lot just want to go mad cios we beat 9 men at the bridge, be my guest. But I'm not gonna kid myself that today was a good performance or that we deserved anything from that game. Chelsea were the better team, and they will feel absolutely robbed today. And so they should.

Enjoy pretending everything is rosey. But don't be shocked when we have our asses handed to us again at some point this season.
You are making a fool of yourself.

Enjoy the win and log off.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Like I say, I'm sure most are just gonna ignore the performance and look at the result.

But just remember, without the ref, we'd have lost tonight, and even though we won, Chelsea were the far better team. Just like Everton, Tottenham, Southampton etc have been against us this season. Dont bury your heads in the sand and pretend this current United team doesn't have some major flaws that are not being addressed.
:lol: we're supposed to feel like what after this enlightening statement of yours ? You're not revealing a scoop, people are ready to forget about the performance because the team won at SB ffs.However ugly it was, it doesn't matter

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
This team clearly got some issues though, but the fact that we manage to win against one of our strongest rivals with these issues speaks loads about the squad we got at the moment.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
What game were you watching? They outplayed us for a period of time in the second half prior to Ivanovic being sent off. In the first 30 minutes of the first half we were similarily outplaying them. Newsflash - a game between two great sides will go back and forth like that, you are putting way too much emphasis on the period they were dominating us and completely neglecting a similar period of time where we outplayed them.

When you end your post by claiming they looked more likely to score even when they went down to 9 men you lost all credibility because that just pure bullshit. Cheer up whiner.

Lance Uppercut

No problem. I will enjoy "pretending" that we just beat Chelsea at The Bridge. I will enjoy "pretending" that we are a point off the top. I will enjoy "pretending" that we have had one of the best starts to a season ever.

Meanwhile, you knock yourself out thinking that we are a shambles.

I'll be over here, dealing with facts and stuff.

Fletcher's Jilted Lover

He's the man!
Whenever we come up against good teams we always just sit back, and look to hit them on the counter, was never comfortable against Chelski, even after going 2-0 up, we just seem to invite them onto us. We'd have lost today if they had 11 men.

Today showed we really missed Vidic at set pieces, was not confident in defending them at all.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
First 30-35 minutes we were superb and in complete control.
Chelsea outplayed us for the next 10 minutes + injury time.
Second half we sat back until they equalised and after that there was no more "Chelsea dominance".
After the sending off(s) we went at them and got a goal to show for it, after that it was all about holding onto the ball and onto the lead. I would've liked it if we had scored a goal or two more than we did, but getting the 3 points is and always should be the priority.
I don't like the fact that we sit back when we're defending the lead, but in this case, in a game of this magnitude where we haven't won in a decade against a team that was 4 points ahead of us prior to kick-off, it's definitely the way to go.
In other situations I think going at them is still the way to go, but games like these you prioritise the "safe 3 points" over trying to risk the points to get a goal or two more.

We got lucky with referee decisions, but that's got nothing to do with how we played. Name me a period of a game when we weren't in the lead that Chelsea "dominated us" if you want to prove me wrong.