This is progress!

Grande

I mean, just look at this. Majority of the posters on the first page confidently put Arteta above Ole. Sure, he might be decent manager, but the jury still has to be out for him no? FA cup win is nice, but Arsenal did not even qualify for the EL last season, which is very much "midtable" according to the caf. Since he took over, they managed 8 wins in 20 his first season, this season they've beat WH, Sheffield and Fulham the latter two which are rock bottom and have been dreadful

Also, they've not really played the brand of "champagne football" that Arsenal has (had?) a reputation of playing, so i dont really see how people can be confident about how hes such a better manager than Ole
Well, it was a knee jerk thread for The Knee Jerks if I ever saw one. Most who were inspired to submit a list had Mourinho in top three and Ole in the bottom fifth of current level - even if Solskjær has United doing better with the United squad Mou built + Ole’s additions than Mou has done with the squad Pochettino built + Mou’s additions. The lack of consequential logic is staggering, but it may be well suited to a particular type of agenda.

I am of those who have been of a few defending Mourinho in accusations of him being a tactical dinosaurs , and I wonder were all those current Mourinho admirers where then.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
He changed the tactic means he has other plan not just plan A, so that’s reality not just opinion. And we still won the game despite of the tactic changed, that’s also the reality not just opinion.

it is relevant to the argument about the effect of lack preparation for the player’s fitness. City & PSG were like us too as they finished the last season late compared to other team due to European comp semi & final means their players also came back late compare to the other teams due to late holiday and again less preparation for the player’s fitness, that’s the reality as well not just opinion.

You were talking About ‘’creative’’ Bruno work pre-break & post-break. I mentioned goals because it is relevant to creativity mate and now you are changing the argument.

You wanna talk about win games now? Let me tell you something post break we won 6, drew 3 in 9 league games. That’s 66% wins, that’s higher than the 9 games in the PL in 2020 between New Year and the lockdown we won 5 and drew 2 which you called ‘’quite good’’ even though it was 55% wins.
I think you and Redsky are pissing in the wind trying to convince that guy. He obviously just has a glass half empty view about the team and you've both more than effectively countered any of his issues

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Margins are super fine. One call from the ref or one insane save that does or doesn't happen and you're looking at a very different game. I think we've been lucky and unlucky in equal measure, which along with individual errors and abberations has sometimes obscured the fact that there's definitely something coming together.

Brief wobbles in faith around Burnley and 1-6 aside, I remain convinced we're on the right track. Even if Solskjaer fails, we're being set up for years to come. The complete opposite of the last three managers. People laugh at the romantic notion of the 'United way' and all that, but exciting attacking football and a crop of academy players is an ideal and they're giving it a good go and growing something. It feels more like an ideal United side than at any other point in the best part of a decade, even if it's not quite there.

In the context of post-Ferguson Man United, and considering the reptile owners, we're being fixed up quite nicely. How successful it is remains to be seen but I'm enjoying the journey again.
I largely agree with this. The best aspects of Ole's management have been faith in youth and younger players. The biggest statement came when Tuanzebe was 3rd choice in the pecking order at the start of last season - lined up to dislodge Lindelof.

Though I'm skeptical when it comes to Ole's ability, there are undeniable positive aspects too.

Rough as it has been, and it's been pretty rough in the last few years, I've always enjoyed the journey. Just differently.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
He changed the tactic means he has other plan not just plan A, so that’s reality not just opinion. And we still won the game despite of the tactic changed, that’s also the reality not just opinion.

it is relevant to the argument about the effect of lack preparation for the player’s fitness. City & PSG were like us too as they finished the last season late compared to other team due to European comp semi & final means their players also came back late compare to the other teams due to late holiday and again less preparation for the player’s fitness, that’s the reality as well not just opinion.

You were talking About ‘’creative’’ Bruno work pre-break & post-break. I mentioned goals because it is relevant to creativity mate and now you are changing the argument.

You wanna talk about win games now? Let me tell you something post break we won 6, drew 3 in 9 league games. That’s 66% wins, that’s higher than the 9 games in the PL in 2020 between New Year and the lockdown we won 5 and drew 2 which you called ‘’quite good’’ even though it was 55% wins.
Ok good chat. I'm just going to leave you to your reality now, and let others judge whether you are arguing in a coherent, intelligent and factually accurate way.

Sea-Cow

Margins are super fine. One call from the ref or one insane save that does or doesn't happen and you're looking at a very different game. I think we've been lucky and unlucky in equal measure, which along with individual errors and abberations has sometimes obscured the fact that there's definitely something coming together.

Brief wobbles in faith around Burnley and 1-6 aside, I remain convinced we're on the right track. Even if Solskjaer fails, we're being set up for years to come. The complete opposite of the last three managers. People laugh at the romantic notion of the 'United way' and all that, but exciting attacking football and a crop of academy players is an ideal and they're giving it a good go and growing something. It feels more like an ideal United side than at any other point in the best part of a decade, even if it's not quite there.

In the context of post-Ferguson Man United, and considering the reptile owners, we're being fixed up quite nicely. How successful it is remains to be seen but I'm enjoying the journey again.
Its a good post and I agree with you, except for the part in bold. We have matches where we fail to create a single shot on goal. Its incredibly poor attacking football, much less "excitin." I would also point to the semi-final defeats against Sevilla and Chelsea. In both games we failed to see us going all out for the equalizer in the second half. I kept waiting for it to start, but it just never did.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ok good chat. I'm just going to leave you to your reality now, and let others judge whether you are arguing in a coherent, intelligent and factually accurate way.
You literally answered all the three questions I asked that you believed initially wasn’t fact but opinion with yes as your answer. I’m not sure how you can’t accept it.

Sea-Cow

Huh? What was wrong with the Sevilla game? Other than the result. Cuz we battered them.
I strongly disagree. The ease at which they saw out the second-half after taking the lead was infuriating.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I would say that he has been doing all of the above. He's presented facts to back up his arguments throughout.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Well what do you expect me to say? You make statements, I prove that some of them are incorrect using actual data and you flat out ignore the replies. Instead you reply to another poster who again provided you with genuine evidence and you post shit like below?

What conclusion should I come to? You've not accepted you might be wrong, you've not clarified what you meant. Nothing. You've just insulted people for not accepting your opinion as fact. Not a good look.

Valuedrug

I never start threads on here, but feck it, it needs to be said.

THIS is what progress looks like. Its important that all of our fans, the optimists and the doom-mongers and everyone in between, realise and appreciate this.

Yes, its only one result, but its clear and obvious to see. The squad is taking shape, and the confidence they will take from this result is how teams evolve. This wasn't a smash and grab win. This was a measured, controlled and brilliantly executed European performance against one of the best.

This project has always been bigger than one win or one defeat. Its something that has to be measured and appraised over time. If we look back at where we were as a club and as a football team back when Jose left, and look now at the potential and the mentality of this team, I really dont see how anybody can be dissatisfied with the situation.

This is what progress looks like
Think you're way too early, but since your bias is so strong for Solskjaer to be The One True Leader, I'm not surprised. I think you'd be better off taking your own advice at the end, and wait for a sustained run of games against different type of opponents before you go all in. PSG were missing key players, and could easily have scored two more goals, even though they played awful on the night.

Unless you're actually here to get emotionally caught up in the boom-bust cycle? In that case, carry on I suppose.

rotherham_red

Think you're way too early, but since your bias is so strong for Solskjaer to be The One True Leader, I'm not surprised. I think you'd be better off taking your own advice at the end, and wait for a sustained run of games against different type of opponents before you go all in. PSG were missing key players, and could easily have scored two more goals, even though they played awful on the night.

Unless you're actually here to get emotionally caught up in the boom-bust cycle? In that case, carry on I suppose.
FFS @Bilbo @UNITED ACADEMY @RedSky we've got another genius :rolleyes:

Tyrion

We are normally always good in these games. It’s against poor opposition we struggle.

Forget the Spurs game, and we’ve got a really good record vs big sides.
Agreed. Imo, this confirms what we already knew; this team and manager is very good at counter attacking against better sides. Progress is more badly needed against the smaller teams.

Rojofiam

Good Post..Feeling very positive..

I really wish Ole got a solid DM in Kante/Zakaria mould so we could have seen the true power of Bruno/Pogba playing together further up on the pitch.
I still think DM is the much needed position to fill in to compliment other attacking players but overall I am enjoying our football now and we made good progress for sure.
I actually expect Zakaria to be one of our primary targets next summer, but not sure we can get it done as Bayern will also probably be in for him.

Foxbatt

Yes it was a positive step and we need to keep it up every game. We are going to lose games of course but we should not get hammered like against Spurs.

R77

We have matches where we fail to create a single shot on goal. Its incredibly poor attacking football, much less "excitin."
Yeah we obv. still have some problems;
  • Too many mistakes in the build up, especially against pressing teams.
  • Getting in a rut of sterile possesion against teams that sit back.
  • Occasionally playing quite well but for whatever reason, no one can put the ball in the net.
We're definitely streaky, so it can be disjointed and dull, and the focus is more often there when the heat is really on. We're a team that at least tries to get it forward quickly and aggressively, and past the calamity of going into a season without a competent or functioning creative midfielder, we've been more consistent at doing it. And we have better personnel and options now.

Press resistance is the big one. RBL game is the one to watch for that I suppose, so you can bet they're working on it. The last two games alone have shown an ability to provide solutions that minimise weaknesses and maximize strengths that gives me confidence in the long run.

I would also point to the semi-final defeats against Sevilla and Chelsea. In both games we failed to see us going all out for the equalizer in the second half. I kept waiting for it to start, but it just never did.
Chelsea was a dissapointment all round, but we'll have to agree to disagree on Sevilla. I remember battering them for a good chunk of the game, but they took it remarkably well. It was an even match up and a valiant effort.

Wheato

Absolutely agree with the OP. Pogba was dropped and we suddenly clicked as a team. I have nothing against the guy, he just doesn't fit the intensity of the PL. He needs to play in a league where he has more time and space on the ball. He is too easily marked out and dispossessed in the English game. Time to start negotiating his exit and building up the funds for right winger. People talk about the impact a new signing has, but the impact of mercenaries leaving is just as beneficial.

Smores

FFS @Bilbo @UNITED ACADEMY @RedSky we've got another genius :rolleyes:
Good contribution to the thread there, top class :lol:

Nothing wrong with the post you've decided to be an arse about. I can see merit in the OP but equally that post is right that kneejerk threads of any particular result is silly we need to see if we can keep these results going before we get too excited.

Sea-Cow

Yeah we obv. still have some problems;
  • Too many mistakes in the build up, especially against pressing teams.
  • Getting in a rut of sterile possesion against teams that sit back.
  • Occasionally playing quite well but for whatever reason, no one can put the ball in the net.
We're definitely streaky, so it can be disjointed and dull, and the focus is more often there when the heat is really on. We're a team that at least tries to get it forward quickly and aggressively, and past the calamity of going into a season without a competent or functioning creative midfielder, we've been more consistent at doing it. And we have better personnel and options now.

Press resistance is the big one. RBL game is the one to watch for that I suppose, so you can bet they're working on it. The last two games alone have shown an ability to provide solutions that minimise weaknesses and maximize strengths that gives me confidence in the long run.

Chelsea was a dissapointment all round, but we'll have to agree to disagree on Sevilla. I remember battering them for a good chunk of the game, but they took it remarkably well. It was an even match up and a valiant effort.
I think those first two points are spot on and I just see them as long-term persistent issues that will keep coming back. This group of players have shown they can get themselves up and play with intensity on occasion against "big" opposition, but then against smaller teams we come out and look like we're on drugs.

But if I try to see it as half-full, instead of my normal view of half-full and quickly on the way to completely empty, I can say that maybe we have found a formation to use going forward against all teams. Maybe we can adapt it to be more attacking when needed, and then more work-horsy and fighting when needed. And maybe with Cavani here, who will be a complete unknown entity right now, even though he appears to keep himself fit at least, maybe we can see drastic improvement from Martial due to the competition. And maybe we can steal some points from Telles' wipped delivery on corners and free-kicks. Maybe Axel can stay fit and go on a run to fulfill his potential. Maybe Pogba is regainging his fitness and can start playing as we know he is capable, and not get dominated by players who simply work harder than him (ie the annoying McCarthy bastards at Palace).

I can go on with the what-ifs. I hope you positive optimistic lads are on to something. Lets start with a win on Saturday to keep the good times going.

rotherham_red

Good contribution to the thread there, top class :lol:

Nothing wrong with the post you've decided to be an arse about. I can see merit in the OP but equally that post is right that kneejerk threads of any particular result is silly we need to see if we can keep these results going before we get too excited.
Well, considering said post was basically all but personally insulting the OP and regurgitated the talking points from an argument that @UNITED ACADEMY and @RedSky had with glazed literally minutes before, I respectfully disagree.

Also, how is it knee jerk when @Bilbo had expressly said that it wasn't solely about that result? Serious question, have you even read this thread? If not, I suggest you do before telling other posters that they're being arses...

Top class contribution, my arse(!)

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I was bored for the last hour, so I checked the top 4 leagues in Europe (couldn't do France as they cancelled their season).

I will spoiler this because the size of the table is pretty long. But the below consists of all league games in 2020 so far, excluding teams that have been promoted or relegated since the start of the 20-21 season. The biggest shock for me was Schalke only winning 5% of their games this calendar year! What the hell has happened to them?!

Oh and our win rate in 2019 was 45%
PositionClubGamesWinsWin %
1stBayern Munich211990%
2ndBorussia Dortmund211676%
3rdReal Madrid251976%
4thLiverpool FC241771%
5thManchester City221568%
6thAtalanta BC251768%
7thAC Milan251768%
8thFC Barcelona241563%
9thJuventus FC251560%
10thSSC Napoli251560%
11thBayer 04 Leverkusen211257%
12thManchester United221255%
13thSS Lazio261454%
14thVillarreal CF261454%
15thArsenal FC231252%
16thInter Milan251352%
17thAS Roma251352%
18thAtlético Madrid241250%
19thUS Sassuolo241250%
20thGranada CF251248%
21stChelsea FC231148%
22ndWolverhampton Wanderers231148%
23rdSouthampton FC231148%
24thRB Leipzig211048%
25thBorussia Mönchengladbach211048%
26thEintracht Frankfurt211048%
27thSevilla FC241146%
28thTottenham Hotspur231043%
29thEverton FC231043%
30thTSG 1899 Hoffenheim21943%
31stUC Sampdoria251040%
32ndCA Osasuna251040%
33rdReal Sociedad261038%
34thBurnley FC22836%
35thAston Villa22836%
36thHellas Verona25936%
37thGetafe CF25936%
38thLeicester City23835%
39thGenoa CFC23835%
40thValencia CF26935%
41stACF Fiorentina24833%
42ndVfL Wolfsburg21733%
43rdHertha BSC21733%
44thSC Freiburg21733%
45th1.FC Union Berlin21733%
46thAthletic Bilbao25832%
47thSV Werder Bremen23730%
48thSheffield United23730%
49thWest Ham United24729%
50thUdinese Calcio24729%
51stParma Calcio 191324729%
52ndBologna FC 190924729%
53rdLevante UD25728%
54thReal Betis Balompié26727%
55thSD Eibar26727%
56thNewcastle United23626%
57thCrystal Palace23626%
58th1. FC Köln21524%
59thFC Augsburg21524%
60th1.FSV Mainz 0521524%
61stDeportivo Alavés26623%
62ndTorino FC23522%
63rdCelta de Vigo26519%
64thReal Valladolid CF26519%
65thBrighton & Hove Albion23417%
66thCagliari Calcio25416%
67thFC Schalke 042115%

Last edited:

Valuedrug

Well, considering said post was basically all but personally insulting the OP and regurgitated the talking points from an argument that @UNITED ACADEMY and @RedSky had with glazed literally minutes before, I respectfully disagree.

Also, how is it knee jerk when @Bilbo had expressly said that it wasn't solely about that result? Serious question, have you even read this thread? If not, I suggest you do before telling other posters that they're being arses...

Top class contribution, my arse(!)
You do realize that a lot of people don't actually bother reading through everything on here, right? There is a lot of things you can do with your time other than sifting through this forum. Especially if you value your sense of sanity.

About the thread - I have seen many of Bilbo's posts before. I usually don't agree with him, though he is welcome to his opinion. I'm thinking I probably won't agree with much of what you think either, which is quite ok too actually.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Only just caught up with the last few posts in this thread, and I think perhaps what wasn't emphasised strongly enough was that, although it was posted just after a good win, it really wasn't a knee-jerk positive thread saying 'we've made it!', but more about what we are seeing overall around the club.

The squad is undoubtedly stronger now than it was. The results and consistency have been very good in 2020. A lot of our players appear to be improving. It is progress, and with how negative this forum can get a lot of the time then progress should always be noted and celebrated.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's been almost 2 months since I last updated the below table, so here goes.

Last 7 Years Data:
Year Form (All Comps)​
Games​
W​
D​
L​
CS​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Win %
2020​
53​
32​
9​
12​
24​
113​
55​
58​
60.4%
2019​
55​
28​
12​
15​
16​
83​
59​
24​
50.9%
2018​
52​
30​
8​
14​
18​
88​
54​
34​
57.7%
2017​
66​
39​
17​
10​
34​
117​
44​
73​
59.1%
2016​
59​
36​
11​
12​
20​
99​
56​
43​
61.0%
2015​
53​
26​
13​
14​
23​
77​
45​
32​
49.1%
2014​
46​
20​
10​
16​
15​
74​
55​
19​
43.5%

3 games remaining in 2020. We have the chance to score the most goals in the calendar year if we get 5 in those 3 games. Second highest clean sheet total, second highest goal difference and second highest win percentage. 2020 has been a good year for us. We are making progress.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins

Last 7 Years Data:
Year Form (All Comps)​
Games​
W​
D​
L​
CS​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Win %
2020​
53​
32​
9​
12​
24​
113​
55​
58​
60.4%
2019​
55​
28​
12​
15​
16​
83​
59​
24​
50.9%
2018​
52​
30​
8​
14​
18​
88​
54​
34​
57.7%
2017​
66​
39​
17​
10​
34​
117​
44​
73​
59.1%
2016​
59​
36​
11​
12​
20​
99​
56​
43​
61.0%
2015​
53​
26​
13​
14​
23​
77​
45​
32​
49.1%
2014​
46​
20​
10​
16​
15​
74​
55​
19​
43.5%

3 games remaining in 2020. We have the chance to score the most goals in the calendar year if we get 5 in those 3 games. Second highest clean sheet total, second highest goal difference and second highest win percentage. 2020 has been a good year for us. We are making progress.
Im glad you bumped this. Despite the fact that we didn't progress in the CL I believe its beyond any doubt that we are progressing as a team all the time. Its never about one win or one loss. The longer term trends are there for all to see if they choose to do so

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Losing 8 out of 14 is real progress.
Atleat then you know Why you lost.

M Bison

Supports
York City

Last 7 Years Data:
Year Form (All Comps)​
Games​
W​
D​
L​
CS​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Win %
2020​
53​
32​
9​
12​
24​
113​
55​
58​
60.4%
2019​
55​
28​
12​
15​
16​
83​
59​
24​
50.9%
2018​
52​
30​
8​
14​
18​
88​
54​
34​
57.7%
2017​
66​
39​
17​
10​
34​
117​
44​
73​
59.1%
2016​
59​
36​
11​
12​
20​
99​
56​
43​
61.0%
2015​
53​
26​
13​
14​
23​
77​
45​
32​
49.1%
2014​
46​
20​
10​
16​
15​
74​
55​
19​
43.5%

Interesting post, much better to see the data rather than throw anecdotes around.

Falcow

Last 7 Years Data:
Year Form (All Comps)​
Games​
W​
D​
L​
CS​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Win %
2020​
53​
32​
9​
12​
24​
113​
55​
58​
60.4%
2019​
55​
28​
12​
15​
16​
83​
59​
24​
50.9%
2018​
52​
30​
8​
14​
18​
88​
54​
34​
57.7%
2017​
66​
39​
17​
10​
34​
117​
44​
73​
59.1%
2016​
59​
36​
11​
12​
20​
99​
56​
43​
61.0%
2015​
53​
26​
13​
14​
23​
77​
45​
32​
49.1%
2014​
46​
20​
10​
16​
15​
74​
55​
19​
43.5%

Great post man and it's good to have the fhacts for comparison purposes.

Foxbatt

Today was progress. Lets hope we win against Leicester and Liverpool too. I would take a draw against Liverpool at Anfield as progress. But we have to beat Leicester first.

meamth

Today was progress. Lets hope we win against Leicester and Liverpool too. I would take a draw against Liverpool at Anfield as progress. But we have to beat Leicester first.
Let's hope they are playing high line and we can damage them like today.

I'd take draws against Liverpool too.

Gasolin

We have to finish the year first. Everton (EFL), Leicester and Wolves.
Win those and we finish on a high, we shall look good in the table after that.

We will think about Jan and the rest of the season at this point.
Against Liverpool, it really depends where we are.
But if we are 2 pts behind with a game in hand, we still have to win.
We might play for a draw though if by a hand of luck, Liverpool lose some pts until this game.

Another scenario where we can play for the draw: if we have a chance to blow teams away again, but that's not possible with that number of games.

So in short, unless Liverpool lose some pts, we will have to risk a win at Anfield, and this makes our game much more difficult.
This is when we are paying the stupid pt lost against Arsenal... with that pt, we can play for the draw, and win the game in hand.

Web of Bissaka

Last 7 Years Data:
Year Form (All Comps)​
Games​
W​
D​
L​
CS​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Win %
2020​
53​
32​
9​
12​
24​
113​
55​
58​
60.4%
2019​
55​
28​
12​
15​
16​
83​
59​
24​
50.9%
2018​
52​
30​
8​
14​
18​
88​
54​
34​
57.7%
2017​
66​
39​
17​
10​
34​
117​
44​
73​
59.1%
2016​
59​
36​
11​
12​
20​
99​
56​
43​
61.0%
2015​
53​
26​
13​
14​
23​
77​
45​
32​
49.1%
2014​
46​
20​
10​
16​
15​
74​
55​
19​
43.5%

Cheers for the stats.

2020 is a good year, many (not all) things considered. Not trophies nor competitions wise though, have to be said. We're out of CL again for god sake. Football is also arguably back to fun and best since Bruno join in. If you're saying progress compare to last year then definitely, since last year and the year before that are just trash. We stoop that low so the only way is up, easy "progress". The heights of 2016 and 2017 with trophies at that are way better progress.

2016 - fun football since Rashord joining in are great, couple that with Zlatan, Pogba, Mkhi and others season after. Won a trophy (FA Cup). Damage done last year, no CL.
2017 - trophies (League cup and Europa League), back to CL and a solid year all-around. Football is fun early years, but just effective later on, remained in CL.
2018 - shit
2019 - shit
2020 - great ever since Bruno joining in, everything is awesome! Football is great and fun, but zero trophies. Zero! And out of freaking CL. Progress?

Overall Year 2017 and 2016 are definitely the better years, showing greater progression with comparable football, but winning actual trophies and remained in competitions.

Why select year as comparison though? just curious. Because using seasons as comparison will show poor stats to support Ole? Yeah I get this season is only half way through so far unfinished. Curious what are the actual stats of last two seasons. Ole took a half of season 18/19.

Last edited:

Gasolin

Cheers for the stats.

2020 is a good year, many (not all) things considered. Not trophies nor competitions wise though, have to be said. We're out of CL again for god sake. Football is also arguably back to fun and best since Bruno join in. If you're saying progress compare to last year then definitely, since last year and the year before that are just trash. We stoop that low so the only way is up, easy "progress". The heights of 2016 and 2017 with trophies at that are way better progress.

2016 - fun football since Rashord joining in are great, couple that with Zlatan, Pogba, Mkhi and others season after. Won a trophy (FA Cup). Damage done last year, no CL.
2017 - trophies (League cup and Europa League), back to CL and a solid year all-around. Football is fun early years, but just effective later on, remained in CL.
2018 - shit
2019 - shit
2020 - great ever since Bruno joining in, everything is awesome! Football is great and fun, but zero trophies. Zero! And out of freaking CL. Progress?

Overall Year 2017 and 2016 are definitely the better years, showing greater progression with comparable football, but winning actual trophies and remained in competitions.

Why select year as comparison though? just curious. Because using seasons as comparison will show poor stats to support Ole? Yeah I get this season is only half way through so far unfinished. Curious what are the actual stats of last two seasons. Ole took a half of season 18/19.
You know, you just have to wait May and see where we stand no? We got eliminated from the CL in 2005. It didn't stop our season.
All we are saying is that the team starts being consistent. And if you are consistent, it shows up at some point, even over 38 games in a season. Yes, it's true, you know, you just have to keep doing what you've been doing for the last 12 months, which is basically what we are saying.

I don't understand what's so hard about it. Just wait until May. If consistency over the last 12 months can last 7 more months, we're probably going to do very well in the league.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
And we have easily played the best football in a decade with Ole at the helm in my opinion. He’s been a breath of fresh air and if he can just take that final step in terms of consistency of performance then we are going to win some major trophies in years to come.

ReddBalls

You know, you just have to wait May and see where we stand no? We got eliminated from the CL in 2005. It didn't stop our season.
All we are saying is that the team starts being consistent. And if you are consistent, it shows up at some point, even over 38 games in a season. Yes, it's true, you know, you just have to keep doing what you've been doing for the last 12 months, which is basically what we are saying.

I don't understand what's so hard about it. Just wait until May. If consistency over the last 12 months can last 7 more months, we're probably going to do very well in the league.
PL table made up of all games since Bruno arrived. United are certainly consistently getting points after he arrived. 4 points behind with having less games. Could easily be on top. Liverpool had obviously already sealed the trophy in march, but there still is concistency at show here.

1Manchester City24101137762418103851
2Liverpool251010311355424231951
3Manchester United22433171510203092347
4Tottenham Hotspur25732211165224142047

Source: https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-table...Feb-01/todate:2020-Dec-20/type:home-and-away/

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
A few reasons. It's an interesting sample to look at half way through a season, I tend to do it every year. Ole joined us in December so by looking at full years it gives us a better example of seeing how Ole is doing in a 12 month window. His first year with us for example was very poor, not Moyesy bad, but still one of our worst seasons post Sir Alex seasons, this has however been balanced out with 2020, which has been one of our best seasons post Sir Alex (still missing trophies mind).

Dropping out of the CL is frustrating I agree. Personally, my hope is we take the League Cup seriously and go for the win. Feel like there are several members of the current team that need a trophy here to push them up a gear, feel like it would be a good motivational tool this year, a reward for their hard work. So fingers crossed we do the job against Everton midweek.

RUCK4444

It's clear as day to me that we are progressing, it's good to have black and white data to demonstrate this for those that can't seem to see it or seemingly chose not to.