This is the first time I want us to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

Most of the replies were against my view. Someone even called the thread embarrasing. Others made fun of it. As I said, that's fair. I was referring to 3-4 posters who take football too serious and started name calling me.
I actually think a ban isn't harsh at all, you're literally cheering against the team. I guess the mods are probably used to people being a bit dramatic especially on match days. Try going to any fan site for any sports team and cheer against them and see what happens.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I actually think a ban isn't harsh at all, you're literally cheering against the team. I guess the mods are probably used to people being a bit dramatic especially on match days. Try going to any fan site for any sports team and cheer against them and see what happens.
Even better, go to Old Trafford and say it.

passing-wind

I also believe that Solskjaer will be sacked eventually because of the level he offers in his capacity to manage, but that's not at the consolation of the team underperforming and having a sense of self sabotage to get a desired outcome. I think many miss the fact the the increase in team quality / finances has drastically raise the expectation. Loses will not determine Solskjaer's tenure it's not winning anything that will.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Most of the replies were against my view. Someone even called the thread embarrasing. Others made fun of it. As I said, that's fair. I was referring to 3-4 posters who take football too serious and started name calling me.
I’m trying to be polite about it but honestly I’d ban you too.

I didn’t think it possible but I’ve just witnessed a worse defence than ours against Leicester now too!

MrBest

As much as everyone wants to be a top red, you clearly know his days at the club is closely intertwined with the upcoming results am i right.

the sooner he is gone the better. even at the expense of crashing out.

i know it sounds utterly harsh. that is the fact.

what is the point of going through all these roller coaster moments and ended up with nothing come May 2022.
[/QUOT

Agree but the thought or Thurs night football kills me. I'd rather we prod along in the champions league and reach the knockouts whether its Ole or Mike Smalling in charge.

His time will come, we prolong the inevitable, but not at the expense of the champions league. City chelsea and liverpool will destroy us, we won because Atalanta are an average side and were wide open.

big rons sovereign

Well, you made this bed fella. Now you're gonna have to lie in it.

MrBest

Some people just want to watch the world burn. Must have felt weird not celebrating that third goal, right?
Paul Scholes didn't, i felt like him but i wanted the win. Thurs nights, no thank you, that depresses me more than Ole being here.

PoTMS

Losing today wouldn't have made the slightest difference in getting rid of Ole.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
You're making threads about wanting United lose - on a United fan site - to push the manager closer to the sack in the hope that a change will right all wrongs but you think other people take football too seriously?

If you're so chill about it, why not just half-watch the game with a beer and laugh at other posters who failed in the most basic principle of supporting a football team?

Achilles McCool

Since the OP has left me baffled (how could a fan want his “club” to lose?), I’ll let these great posts speak for me
I feel sorry for you. You've lost sight of what it is to be a football supporter
I'm critical of Ole too, but you're just not a fan if you want us to lose. It's that simple.
and you thought this was a good idea for a thread !!!!
50+ years a United fan, seen it all the huge highs and the depressing lows and never ever have I wanted us to lose.
It not being a true fan as you put it, its just being a fan.
I am not an Ole fan and personally think tonight result is just papering over the crack and he needs to be replaced, but want us to lose, NEVER !

Caesar2290

Losing today wouldn't have made the slightest difference in getting rid of Ole.
You're wrong. Not getting out of the group stages 2 seasons running with players like Varane and Ronaldo in the team would have had a devastating impact on Ole

James35

I could never want Man Utd to lose. Ole will eventually lose his job due to his own ability, its just a waiting game for those like myself who want him replaced. However I will be jumping up and down again like I was tonight if we nick another late winner V Liverpool on Sunday.

led_scholes

Fecking hell, more flipflops than a politician.

Are you a shit fan who wants us to lose or not? Make up your mind.

We're losing and it's "Oles shit. True fans are idiots. Wah wah"

Then we comeback and it's "jinx, lolz"

Then wonder why get called a prick?! (You forgot feck off, sad, depressing, embarrassing, loser by the way).

And I wonder if you can see the irony of dissing "true supporters" and "some people are just toxic"?

I'm off to get another drink and watch the highlights. Roll on Liverpool.
Just because I wasn't crying and I was chill about it and was autosarcastic, it doesnt me I don't believe what I said in the starting post.

led_scholes

3-4 posters... almost all of the Cafe thinks you're an idiot. Not me though. I think you're a solid bloke. :nervous:
I wonder come May when again we are far from our goals and Ole gets sacked, if these people (not you of course) would still claim I am an idiot because I just wanted to accelerate the inevitable.

led_scholes

Since the OP has left me baffled (how could a fan want his “club” to lose?), I’ll let these great posts speak for me
Because the club won't get hurt by a one loss, so I am fine to accept a loss if it means that things will get better in the long run.

BlueHaze

I wonder come May when again we are far from our goals and Ole gets sacked, if these people (not you of course) would still claim I am an idiot because I just wanted to accelerate the inevitable.
Man.... I want him gone too, his football is toxic waste to watch for me but wanting the team to lose??? What a bizarre mentality. So when the next manager comes in and goes on a bad run you go back to wishing we lose? When do you want us to win then? Only if the manager is doing good?

I'm sorry but this is an utterly daft mindset.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Because the club won't get hurt by a one loss, so I am fine to accept a loss if it means that things will get better in the long run.
Lost that game and we would have been bottom of the group and struggling to get out of it. And you wanted us to lose? Honestly baffling.

RedDevilRoshi

If that’s the mindset you have then you might as well go support someone else. Are you going to be hoping for a Liverpool win on Sunday now?

I want Ole gone and tonight’s comeback win does not change my opinion on that front, I still don’t believe he is the right man for this job but would never go into a game “wanting us lose”.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Just feck off and delete your account, we need much less of this pathetic attention seeking horse shit. I could say much more but I’d rather not get banned.

Deery

Dreary
Yeah you true fans with your traditional ways like winning games make me sick as well..

Withnail

Yes I believe they would. The outcome of the season doesn't justify wanting your team to lose for 99% of us.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
While I don’t agree with Op’s view I can see where he is coming from. We all process emotions differently and being a United fan for the past decade hasn’t been the easiest of experiences.

For the club to make sustainable progress we need a new coaching team.

I raced around the house like a mad man when Ronaldo headed that goal in, clutching my 4-year old son in my arms who was also squealing with joy. That winning feeling is precious more so now than ever regardless of the manager. It brought back memories of our storied history.

Fts 74

I want ole gone as much as most on here but I never want us lose.

I think you need to take a long hard look at yourself tbh, there's enough people out there who love watching us struggle without our own joining in.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Better off not watching, how on earth you can watch the game and root for the opposition.

Twisted logic.

always_hoping

A supporter equals a person who approves of and encourages a team. Supporting days are done once one wants that team to lose.

RedDevil@84

Dont care if we win tonight. Dont care about the so-called "true" supporters and their traditional ways. They can go support Moyes and West Ham. I' m just sick of Ole's nepotism; sick of Ole's cowardness and dull football.

I just hope that this defeat, in addition with the unavoidable defeat vs Liverpool will trigger Ole's overdue sacking. The season is still early, why throw it away by December as we did with Moyes and LVG?
I feel I have seen this thread, about 3 times in past 8 years or so.

meamth

What's with some people (few thankfully)c calling me a prick and saying that I should get banned? You can't handle different perspectives? I believe that in the long run, for the benefit of this club, Ole should get sacked and I can accept a lose if this leads to better future results. If you disagree it's OK. I ve seen replies saying that this is a bad thread, and that's fair. But gosh some people here are just toxic.
Because you wanted to find people in the same wavelength, further spreading toxicity.

meamth

Led_scholes breathing ryhtm last night:

1st Atalanta goal - Breathing moderately loud

2nd Atalanta goal - Breathing heavily with wide eyes whilst checking his thread with "I told you so" face

1st United goal - Breathing moderately loud again, hands clenching to his lips, praying that Atalanta will get through this.

2nd United goal - FFS, what the hell, completely panicked breathing, holding his tears

3rd United goal - God deary me.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
This post is no different to Ole In extremist and their weird ole love in, they put their love for Ole above the team’s interest, only difference you’re putting your dislike of him above the team’s interest.
Exactly- the fans trying to insult or dismiss those not actively wanting the club to lose as 'top reds' are beyond special.

Ladron de redcafe

What's with some people (few thankfully)c calling me a prick and saying that I should get banned? You can't handle different perspectives? I believe that in the long run, for the benefit of this club, Ole should get sacked and I can accept a lose if this leads to better future results. If you disagree it's OK. I ve seen replies saying that this is a bad thread, and that's fair. But gosh some people here are just toxic.
I haven't seen much name-calling (I think 3 or 4 posters might have used harsh adjectives when describing you, but even that was relatively anodyne.) A sizable chunk of the posters in this thread seem to be arguing that you should be banned, and if that happens, I don't think you'll have much sympathy.

This is a fan forum. I think that actively declaiming that you hope the team will lose is odd, and as others have pointed out in the responses, I wonder what your reaction was when United clawed their way back into the game? Frustration, sadness, and anger?

Status
Not open for further replies.