This is the first time I want us to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I could never wish for us to lose and that's what is driving me mad about this situation. You know loads of supporters are thinking the same. We will keep him in his job by not causing unrest and getting behind the team like last night, but you know deep down it is killing us as he's not good enough. I don't think the club will act unless there's unrest. Perhaps we're as far as we'll go now with the booing and the dwindling Ole related songs at the ground.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
A lot of deluded fans are going to be misled by Tuchel's exploits, thinking a quick fire/hire will massively increase chances of doing a smash and grab in the CL the same season.

Spoiler alert, it's way more likely you'll end up trophyless that same season.

Do your chances go up compared to keeping Ole? Most likely yes. Enough to clamor for hoping your team gets smashed the next few games? Sounds silly to me.
This is perfectly put.

Barring some completely disastrous spell, Ole wont get sacked mid-season and the Tuchel appointment (and CL win) is very much the exception and not the rule. IIRC, we sacked our manager in the middle of the season not long ago, and we had to settle for some bloke from Norway who had never managed in the top flight before

IncyWincySpider

I never want us to lose, even if it means gifting the Scousers the title. Win every match.
On second thought, if we had to lose and that meant Liverpool didn't win the league, I would think that's a fair bargain.
And to be fair they felt the same way when they beat Newcastle for us on the last day of the season all those years ago. They celebrated like crazy if I remember rightly.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Sorry but the glory hunting e-reds are the reason we can afford to pay Ronaldo and assemble a billion pound squad.
Without the foreign fan base United couldn't compete.
The TV deals and matchgoing fans are the reason the club is rich. The single fan buying merch globally accounts for a combined of 10% of Manchester United annual income in the form of licensing% and sponsor deals.

Manchester Uniteds financial strength comes from its domestic efforts.

Acole9

Outstanding
I never want us to lose but I do want Solskjaer to go. It's only a matter of time until he's sacked. Last night was really papering over the cracks.

el3mel

That’s exactly the problem. If you think United have been shit this decade look at the 70’s and 80’s. We have a generation of spoilt fans who think we have some kind of divine right to dominate, and if the current manager isn’t delivering it right now, they apparently want us to lose matches to see him go. The epitome of glory hunting I’d say.
Fans want their club to be good shocker.

Can't believe we live in a world in which the fans who want the club to be successful are spoilt, entitled, toxic and the worst fans a club can have.

And yes, there're no glory hunters who are going to stuck with a club while not challenging for any important trophy for 10 years. The ones who are supporting the club now watched the club being shit for pretty damn good number of years now. They care about the club, otherwise they would have left.

So get off your high horse because you and other top reds aren't the best United fans nor are you the role modes, as shocking as that might sound to you.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Can't believe we live in a world in which the fans who want the club to be successful are spoilt, entitled, toxic and the worst fans a club can have.

And yes, there're no glory hunters who are going to stuck with a club while not challenging for any important trophy for 10 years. The ones who are supporting the club now watched the club being shit for pretty damn good number of years now. They care about the club, otherwise they would have left.

So get off your high horse because you and other top reds aren't the best United fans nor are you the role modes, as shocking as that might sound to you.
As I said, United have gone large periods in their history not winning the league. Do I want them to challenge for the league? Yes. Should they be? Always.

But United fans should appreciate the current situation within the context of our history, it’s not going the way we want it to but we’ve been in much worse spots. Maybe they should even consider the context of English football where some fans from the same area as our club are grateful to even have a team to support. What they shouldn’t be doing, and I’m not on any high horse for calling them out for, is creating bratty threads stating that they want the team to lose as we’ve lost a few games and aren’t suddenly the best team going again after having not been for some years now. That is the definition of glory hunting and not “wanting the team to be successful” as we all do.

el3mel

As I said, United have gone large periods in their history not winning the league. Do I want them to challenge for the league? Yes. Should they be? Always. United fans should appreciate the current situation within the context of our history, it’s not going the way we want it to but we’ve been in much worse spots. Maybe they should even consider the context of English football where some fans from the same area as our club are lucky to even have a team. What they shouldn’t be doing, and I’m not on any high horse for calling them out for, is wanting the team to lose.
That's like saying it's fine to get relegated now because we get relegated before in the 70s. The club has been very successful for about 20 years under Fergie. There's no reason why the club fans should be content with dropping to several levels below the level we reached for a lot of years because we get relegated 50 years ago, especially when the club has the resources, quality and money to be a dominant force in the league. Not like we lack investment or top players.

For the amount of money spent into the current team, the current level, performance and results are shit.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Didn't Flick also win the Quadruple after Kovac was sacked?

Not to mention Zidane winning the CL after coming in for Benitez.
Another thing worth mentioning about Zidane taking over mid-season, he went on to win the most points for the rest of that season than any other managers in La Liga, but they were too far behind to win it. A new manager mid-season can definitely improve a team, but I can see why some would prefer someone to come in the summer, assuming it's right at the end of this season and they have a full pre-season and transfer window.

stw2022

Never want us to lose but is one defeat worse than this constant cycle of just-in-time results when it is as obvious as Prince Andrew’s guilt that we’re never winning a thing with this manager?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
That's like saying it's fine to get relegated now because we get relegated before in the 70s. The club has been very successful for about 20 years under Fergie. There's no reason why the club fans should be content with dropping to several levels below the level we reached for a lot of years because we get relegated 50 years ago, especially when the club has the resources, quality and money to be a dominant force in the league. Not like we lack investment or top players.

For the amount of money spent into the current team, the current level, performance and results are shit.
I’m not saying that. I’m taking issue with threads like this.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
As I said, United have gone large periods in their history not winning the league. Do I want them to challenge for the league? Yes. Should they be? Always.

But United fans should appreciate the current situation within the context of our history, it’s not going the way we want it to but we’ve been in much worse spots. Maybe they should even consider the context of English football where some fans from the same area as our club are grateful to even have a team to support. What they shouldn’t be doing, and I’m not on any high horse for calling them out for, is creating bratty threads stating that they want the team to lose as we’ve lost a few games and aren’t suddenly the best team going again after having not been for some years now. That is the definition of glory hunting and not “wanting the team to be successful” as we all do.
Spot on. It's quite telling how he keeps sidestepping your point about "fans" actively wanting the team to lose. Some people just really hate being told exactly what they are.

I think the best scenario would be if we are doing scrappy wins but the glazes understand that Ole can't take us further. But I am afraid that as long as we are around top 4, no actions will be taken.
Best case scenario is we just win, honestly if we keep winning like we did yesterday, most people will realise it’s more because of our players than the tactical brilliance of the manager. If we win the league or CL, I won’t care if the manager is tactically not the brightest…

My fear however is that if our players play to their full potential week in week out the quality alone will make us title contenders and get us to the CL QF/SF but manager incompetence will cost us at the last hurdle.

Wilt

I‘ve never wanted Ole as manager from day one, but it was vital that we won yesterday. If as seems Ole will be gone mid-season, we need to be in the CL in order to bring in a top manager and at least give him something to aim at.

Giggsyking

Aside from Tuchel, how many times a manager took over mid season and won major trophies?

Just want to know. Seems like this is the answer for many "fans".
off the top of my head, Zidane, Dimatteo and Flick.

diawl_coch

I‘ve never wanted Ole as manager from day one, but it was vital that we won yesterday. If as seems Ole will be gone mid season, we need to be in the CL in order to bring in a top manager and at least give him something to aim at (assuming the Prem title will be long gone by then)
"As likely"?
Take each game as it comes.
We can play sublime football, it's just the woke up with a hangover football we need to dump.

Withnail

Another pathetic jibe from yet another self-proclaimed Top Red. I love reading all these desperate, blanket insults from supporters who can't see past their noses but need to feel superior to other people for some reason. All getting butthurt when people have differing opinions and different ways of thinking. As if anyone is any better than anyone else on this forum. We're all just a bunch of nobodies sitting at our keyboards on an online forum. Guess what, there is such a thing as taking a step back to take two steps forwards. Adapting to improve. Changing for the better. Clearly something Ole and his cult don't understand considering we've served up the same repeated shit football over the past 3 years and there are still people lapping it up like we are one step away from becoming prime Barca.
Well this post certainly showed those who need to feel superior how to do condescension properly.

el3mel

Best case scenario is we just win, honestly if we keep winning like we did yesterday, most people will realise it’s more because of our players than the tactical brilliance of the manager. If we win the league or CL, I won’t care if the manager is tactically not the brightest…

My fear however is that if our players play to their full potential week in week out the quality alone will make us title contenders and get us to the CL QF/SF but manager incompetence will cost us at the last hurdle.
In modern football you can't simply win major trophies just by having the best players regardless of the manager in charge, not when your competitors are the likes of Guardiola and Klopp.

He'sRaldo

Another thing worth mentioning about Zidane taking over mid-season, he went on to win the most points for the rest of that season than any other managers in La Liga, but they were too far behind to win it. A new manager mid-season can definitely improve a team, but I can see why some would prefer someone to come in the summer, assuming it's right at the end of this season and they have a full pre-season and transfer window.
Absolutely. Zidane is underrated, if his predecessor hadn't fecked it up he would have won 2 doubles instead of just 1.

No matter what path you take, be it the sack path or the patience path, the key ingredient for success will always be a quality manager. Sure there's a chance that the quality manager doesn't work out (aka Poch at PsG), but on the flip side there's pretty much zero chance a mediocre manager will achieve anything, no matter how much time you give him.

imanshole

Supports
Chelsea Fc
Not really a problem with the foreign fanbase or those who can’t attend matches. The problem is those who want United to be like what Chelsea are, a soulless club binning managers for boom-bust success to appease plastic fans.
So Real Madrid, Bayern, Barcelona and the other big teams that change underperforming coaches for better ones that deliver titles are soulless clubs too or not the united way, cuz that's what Chelsea basically does.
So what you are basically saying is that you are satisfied with mediocre coaches at manchester united delivering nothing as long as they stay coaches in your team for a longer period than those other big teams.

No other rival will be bothered by you keeping Ole for some more years in united. Please keep supporting him and may he forever stay there as long as fergie.

led_scholes

So Real Madrid, Bayern, Barcelona and the other big teams that change underperforming coaches for better ones that deliver titles are soulless clubs too or not the united way, cuz that's what Chelsea basically does.
So what you are basically saying is that you are satisfied with mediocre coaches at manchester united delivering nothing as long as they stay coaches in your team for a longer period than those other big teams.

No other rival will be bothered by you keeping Ole for some more years in united. Please keep supporting him and may he forever stay there as long as fergie.
But they have no issues to tell everyone that we need to spend more and more and it's not the managers fault. Apparently, it's OK to outspend everyone if you have the same manager for more than 2 years. All is forgotten and you are the most soulful club in the world. Yeah ok...

Idxomer

The soul of the club with the billion-dollar squad, some people really still live in the 70s.

meamth

The TV deals and matchgoing fans are the reason the club is rich. The single fan buying merch globally accounts for a combined of 10% of Manchester United annual income in the form of licensing% and sponsor deals.

Manchester Uniteds financial strength comes from its domestic efforts.
But without e-fans, TV deals will suffer. That's why premier league is watched over the world and that's why the TV deal is the most expensive in the world.
The combination of global fans of United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Cit...(nevermind that one) is what making United a lot of money.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I understand the feeling. Can't deny it crossed my mind. But once they took the field, I was United, United all the way. Great comeback win. I was off the couch going mad when Ronnie headed in. We can be a bit over reactive in here. I was on the fence about Ole from day one. I welcomed him, and said something like when the euphoria and sentiment dies down, we will see. I don't think the margins are that wide between the top guys and Ole and his team, but there is a purpose to pool and city in the way things are done. Link up play is better. Against that how would Bruno or Pogba or Ronnie do in such a system? There is something sweet about OGS being one of our own, etc. etc. And it would be incredibly difficult for a Conte to work here. Look at Jose, and LVG. All that shite about the United Way. I don't know the answer. I don't like the owners. I am sad to see what happened to Newcastle, went for a haircut and came out in the bin. I dont see United winning the league with Ole. It's just impossible. Hope we beat Liverpool, in our own little cup final.

Lemon Moon

Dont care if we win tonight. Dont care about the so-called "true" supporters and their traditional ways. They can go support Moyes and West Ham. I' m just sick of Ole's nepotism; sick of Ole's cowardness and dull football.

I just hope that this defeat, in addition with the unavoidable defeat vs Liverpool will trigger Ole's overdue sacking. The season is still early, why throw it away by December as we did with Moyes and LVG?
Nepotism? What do you mean?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Nepotism? What do you mean?
Don't ask!

So many people on here are talking about nepotism FC and Mates FC...it's ridiculous, stupid and just smacks of people desperate to kick the club in which ever way possible.

Some on here believe that Ole is surrounding himself with his mates, and the club are only giving them jobs because they are all pals.

Or something like that.

Foxbatt

I agree with you. If we win The PL or CL I don't care if it's Mike Bassett. Come to think of it. Mike Bassett may be a better manager than Ole? :D

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

They want our club to be good, even though they want the club to be bad. Understood. Impeccable logic and some sound as feck reasoning.

The Hilton

You really can't call yourself a supporter of a football club if you want that club to lose matches to further your agenda.

Under Mou I felt the same way a lot of Ole out folks do now, and was watching United out of duty rather than any actual enjoyment, but I always wanted us to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.