This strange managerial transfer window

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Allegri and Ancelotti returning to their former clubs, Poch apparently close to Spurs, Moyes rumoured for the Everton job.

Is it only a matter of time until He comes back to United. People might say he's too old now but how can you say no to Him?

Bwuk

Not that I’d want it to happen, but I think LvG would do well with the current squad. It’s a much better side than we had when he was in charge.

FatTails

My favourite manager post-SAF, personality wise. He was absolutely hilarious. I still laugh about that one time when he said that Fellaini’s hair should not be pulled, expect during sex masochism :lol:

MiceOnMeth

LVG would play Amad, Hannibal, Shoretire all in the same team in the premier League so for that reason alone I'd take him over Ole. Well that and he's a funny Dutch mad as a hatter bastard!

lsd

The Oracle
LVG would play Amad, Hannibal, Shoretire all in the same team in the premier League so for that reason alone I'd take him over Ole. Well that and he's a funny Dutch mad as a hatter bastard!

Yes but he would insist they all stand still and pass the ball sideways.

stevoc

Not that I’d want it to happen, but I think LvG would do well with the current squad. It’s a much better side than we had when he was in charge.
Yeah but only because he didn't build it. After 18 months it would be a pile of shit again after he culls the squad. Bruno would be the first to go, he spends far too much time trying to create and score instead of keeping possession.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
Yeah but only because he didn't build it. After 18 months it would be a pile of shit again after he culls the squad. Bruno would be the first to go, he spends far too much time trying to create and score instead of keeping possession.
Can you imagine bruno under LVG ahahahahaha

wise_old_man

Fergie stepping out of retirement because he was fed up with how inconsistently we played would be crazy (in a good way).

littleman

If Zidane were available and interested in MUFC we should absolutely take him.

wouldn’t be surprised if PSG are gunning for Zidane

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’m a big LVG fan - however it is only for his tactical set up.

I wouldn’t go back for him unless we get a DOF who can target the right style players coming in and out of United whilst LVG focuses purely on tactics.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Guy would just tear it all up and build another sideway passing team.

R77

Maybe it's nostalgia but I'd sooner have LVG back than another year of Ole.
Yeah, the football, league positions, and transfers were much better than what we see now. We also weren't getting absolutely mullered by the likes of MK Dons and a newly promoted Leicester. None of this few good games a season then collapsing completely against anyone that decided to have a go at us. Great call buddy.

Funny guy and a great of the game, but a combination of being a bit obstinate and past it, and the Glazer-induced poisoned chalice, meant he didn't produce the goods really. At all.

Edit; I do think, however, that the worst mistake we ever made was sacking him off for the bunny boiler. Then again, at least it's over and done with, as not giving him a go would have been brought up for eternity.

We truly have the worst fanbase.
What makes you say that? GGMU!!!

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Seeing top managers with big CVs be pocketed by rivals, be it European or Domestic, the risk with Ole feels even bigger. Klopp and Pep already in good control, Tuchel doing a fine job with Chelsea and Spurs are trying to bring in Conte. Poch has obviously gone to PSG, Nagelsmann no longer an option and nor is Rose (although Rose I'm unsure on anyway :lol:). Allegri also gone to Juve and even Ancelotti has switched to Real Madrid.

If it all goes tits up horribly next season there's only Zidane to turn to.

OleBoiii

We truly have the worst fanbase.
I like to remind myself that the Caf football forum(and Twitter, of course) is a different world. Most United fans I meet in real life are, on average, way more sensible. 'Tis the nature of the internet..

GlasgowCeltic

Feels like with Pep and Klopp being off limits the other clubs are just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Can't we hire some german coach?
All the German coaches have already switched teams - pretty much literally. OK, there's the Freiburg guy, but I think he's chained to their grounds and won't ever leave.

OleBoiii

Feels like with Pep and Klopp being off limits the other clubs are just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks
That is essentially how a lot of these manager hirings work. I'd argue that there is a lot more uncertainty involved in hiring a manager than signing a player. Mourinho had the second best resume in the game when he returned to England a few years ago. Now look at him.

There are so many variables involved when you hire a manager. Does he fit the task(rebuild, stabilisation, keeping primadonnas in check etc)? Does his style fit the players/club? How expensive will it be to get a team that he is comfortable with? How is he as a person? Is he a bad culture fit? Is he a toxic presence regardless of where he goes? Does he build for short term or long term success?

I don't want this to turn into the millionth Ole thread, but when it comes to managers like Pep, Zidane, Lampard and Ole, who initially got hired despite not having a great resume, there seems to be a case of "he was hired because he knows the club". But I think the opposite is just as true: the club hired these managers because they knew them.