This was pretty good

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
One man down with 30+ to go. Putting Tottenham to bed and making it look like the simplest thing. I have to say I never had any puls or anything - despite that early goal.

Cina

Best I've seen this season, absolutely brilliant. Had everything, great goals, bad fouls, tantrums, red card, terrible decisions, bicycle kicks, nutmegs, end to end action.

Best we've played in a while too, Spurs got a shock early goal but we dominated it from then. Scholes, Ando, Berb, Rooney, Evra, Giggs, Fletcher all absolutely brilliant. A lot of people (myself included) were a bit critical of the line up pre - match, I was expecting us to play narrow and try hold Spurs off, but if anything that early goal helped us, because we just couldn't do that then, and basically went all out attack.

Love it!

pillory

I was nervous as hell until 92:30, but we were class in the last half of the first half, and superb after Scholes was sent off.

Ekeke

Brilliant effort from the 10 men and I think we were at our best after the sending off and our adjustments were made. Evra flying down the wing kept them on the back foot and they got no joy down his flank after that.

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
A lot has been made of the potency of our attack without Ronaldo and that wee little bastard. Games like this when we're down to ten men and still pass around them, make me feel all the more confident in the team.

Also, my friend has just started supporting Spurs and giving it large since they were undefeated. Good to put him in his place early.

VP

Great performance.

The result was never in doubt.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Best performance of our season so far. Tremendous result against an in form Spurs at White Hart Lane. What a monster Darren Fletcher has developed into in midfield. Fantastic.

M160RA

We've got our swagger back. We've been dismal in the first four games, but today against Spurs we showed a lot of composure and class. We're passing the ball around beautifully, and our movement's been fantastic. I thought everyone had a good game, including Scholesy before he got sent off.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Brilliant performance, nothing could really be done about their goal but we reacted brilliantly and owned them for the rest of the game... Scholes ran the game and even when he was sent off we still domincated possession.

Giggs and Rooney were outstanding and Vidic and Rio made Defoe and Crouch look tired and ineffective.

Sylar

Fantastic to watch. Everybody stood up. Even though Vidic was poor with his slackness and passing in the first half, the way he got into Crouch and didnt let him dominate the box / air was good as well. Great save by Foster at 2-1 and his kicking again was fantastic. Defence was solid and glad to have Rio back. Surprised by how great our midfielders were given it was pretty much four central ones now. Berba was good until he was forced to come off and Rooney scores again. Should have had a second but oh well, hope he gets that one against City.

All in all, best we've played and thats despite giving them a 1-0 start and playing with 10 men for most of the second half <_<

beycont

Special mention to Evra, had Lennon in his pocket the whole game. Great performance by him.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I was never worried, here is the breakdown of games involving us and Spurs.

Step 1: Tottenham take the lead, it is a 'shock' goal and the Champions are 'rocked'.
Step 2: Tottenham fans switch on cnut mode, which is usually on anyway, and begin chanting and taunting the United fans.
Step 3: It is possible after the fans have 'given it large' that Spurs can get another or even 2 more goals.
Step 4: Some Spurs fans spunk in their trousers and cannot contain themselves, the game is won.
Step 5: United decide it's enough teasing them and come back into the game, usually within a space of a few minutes, however Tottenham's Bottle Mode can happen at any time in a game and is impossible to stop.
Step 6: Spurs fans, no longer able to chant about winning, resort to calling United's world class players 'rubbish' and probably 'stinky heads'.
Step 7: Total capitulation for Tottenham as they go further and further behind.
Step 8: Tottenham fan's call their team rubbish and have a good moan.

MUFCgal

To go to White Hart Lane against Spurs who were in fantastic form previously and to boss the match the way they did. Their early goal definitely made us play from the very start instead of starting slow. All great goals from Giggsy, Anderson and Rooney. Fletch was awesome as always and I also thought Evra and Berba had good games too. Definitely our best performance so far, keep it up lads :devil:

It turned out to be an exceptional performance after a sloppy start. Typical Manchester United.

We made a difficult fixture Away to Spurs into a simple task. It was very pleasing to see how our players fought their way back into the game. Even with 10 men we just refused to let them back in and Rooney killed it off late on. There were no bad performances in particular throughout the duration of the game and this team selection justified Fergie's faith in them. We have momentum now and must keep going.

DevilsOwn

Berba was pivotal in the first half. Nearly everything attack was going through him. Him in the hole with Rooney up front seems to be the way to go.
Sure to see more of this esp in tough away games and CL.

mjs020294

I thought United looked very solid from the first minute on today. They were in total control and never looked liked losing. Spurs looked more like they were down to ten men for the last twenty minutes.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Just glanced at the MotM thread and the fact that so many players are in contention - deservedly so too - shows that it was a great team performance.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I usually get nervous in these types of games but even after we went behind after the 1st min, the way we were playing I knew we would score goals today.

When we went down to 10 again we always looked comfortable. Limited Spurs to about 2 chances the whole match.

Overall fantastic team performance

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
I was never worried, here is the breakdown of games involving us and Spurs.

Step 1: Tottenham take the lead, it is a 'shock' goal and the Champions are 'rocked'.
Step 2: Tottenham fans switch on cnut mode, which is usually on anyway, and begin chanting and taunting the United fans.
Step 3: It is possible after the fans have 'given it large' that Spurs can get another or even 2 more goals.
Step 4: Some Spurs fans spunk in their trousers and cannot contain themselves, the game is won.
Step 5: United decide it's enough teasing them and come back into the game, usually within a space of a few minutes, however Tottenham's Bottle Mode can happen at any time in a game and is impossible to stop.
Step 6: Spurs fans, no longer able to chant about winning, resort to calling United's world class players 'rubbish' and probably 'stinky heads'.
Step 7: Total capitulation for Tottenham as they go further and further behind.
Step 8: Tottenham fan's call their team rubbish and have a good moan.
You sir, get green smiley. :lol:

mjs020294

Just glanced at the MotM thread and the fact that so many players are in contention - deservedly so too - shows that it was a great team performance.
I was thinking the same thing. I don't have never seen so many players listed for MotM. It was a great team display, and everyone single one of them played a huge part.

Today's game has given me a lot of hope and confidence for this season TBH.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
that was a great game, really entertaining...I must say I had a brilliant time in a pub full of spurs fans!!.....Looking like Champions at last..Woo Hooo!!

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
When I saw that line-up I was hating it, and said as much to my Dad (a Spurs supporter) before the whistle. Had visions of the match against Burnley again.

Thankfully it worked a lot better this time as Fletch and Giggs were able to keep some width, but I still wouldn't want to see it again.

Instant Karma

Closet Gooner
a lot of people seemed to have forgotten Scholes' master orchestration of the game before he got sent off. Pure class from Scholes today
Agreed. He was sent off but was easily our best player till then.

Brilliant team performance overall and everyone stepped up. Vidic was a monster in the second half - won every header and what a block to prevent Keane from scoring.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Have we ever played that same front 6 line up before?
Wasnt sure about it on paper (mostly because I thought it would be Anderson on the wing) but thankfully it worked very well because everyone was on top form.

Doevle

Have we ever played that same front 6 line up before?
Wasnt sure about it on paper (mostly because I thought it would be Anderson on the wing) but thankfully it worked very well because everyone was on top form.
Yes, it worked very well yesterday but I think it is too reliant on Giggs being on top form on the wing.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Yes, it worked very well yesterday but I think it is too reliant on Giggs being on top form on the wing.
It is not a line up that I expect to see regularly but it made sense after an international week to play people who had not travelled at all and were fresh - in fact I had half expected Owen to start for the same reason.