Thomas Frank | Brentford Manager

Wilt

This thread :lol:

calm down ffs ….who cares what he thinks

Giggsyking

Wow a lot of sensitive posters on here - seems like Thomas has really got under your skin and living in your heads rent free.

The guy is passionate about his team and obviously incredibly frustrated that we didn't take our chances and United were clinical with theirs.....apart from that Fernandes one at the end :lol: The xg for the game that I have seen has it 2.87 to 2.19 in Brentford's favour and I am sure that added to his frustration. I mean let's face it United didn't totally dominate the game or completely outplay us so not sure what you expect him to say. We have some important games coming up and he is looking to galvanise the team and the fans and remind everyone of the facts - little old Brentford with a tiny budget just gave one of the biggest teams in the world a really good game and probably deserved more than a 3-1 defeat.

Also the comment on Sancho no way he was having a dig at him for missing the game due to attending a funeral - I mean how would have known that anyway, I had not seen that reported anywhere myself. It was a comment on the different world's we operate in you can have a £70 odd million player out of the team but still field Ronaldo, Bruno Fernandes, Rashfors, Greenwood etc...

Anyway stay classy lads all the snidey comments on here about his appearance and mental state hardly befitting of the United fans who were actually at the game who were class and respectful. Well done to them for joining in the 67th minute's applause for Brentford fan who passed away recently. Have to say also the loudest away end so far.
All our 3 goals came from players cost 0 pounds in transfer fees (academy players).

Frank Grimes

Wow a lot of sensitive posters on here - seems like Thomas has really got under your skin and living in your heads rent free.

The guy is passionate about his team and obviously incredibly frustrated that we didn't take our chances and United were clinical with theirs.....apart from that Fernandes one at the end :lol: The xg for the game that I have seen has it 2.87 to 2.19 in Brentford's favour and I am sure that added to his frustration. I mean let's face it United didn't totally dominate the game or completely outplay us so not sure what you expect him to say. We have some important games coming up and he is looking to galvanise the team and the fans and remind everyone of the facts - little old Brentford with a tiny budget just gave one of the biggest teams in the world a really good game and probably deserved more than a 3-1 defeat.

Also the comment on Sancho no way he was having a dig at him for missing the game due to attending a funeral - I mean how would have known that anyway, I had not seen that reported anywhere myself. It was a comment on the different world's we operate in you can have a £70 odd million player out of the team but still field Ronaldo, Bruno Fernandes, Rashfors, Greenwood etc...

Anyway stay classy lads all the snidey comments on here about his appearance and mental state hardly befitting of the United fans who were actually at the game who were class and respectful. Well done to them for joining in the 67th minute's applause for Brentford fan who passed away recently. Have to say also the loudest away end so far.
Nobody is being sensitive. The guy made a show of himself, he's a weird cnut tbh.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
These outbursts rarely ever go well. He is obviously feeling the pressure.

They should be ok with the 10 point gap, but stranger things have happened, especially in Covid season.

Players seeing the manager lose his cool and they themselves be referred to as “the smallest club” might just hurt their confidence.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
All our 3 goals came from players cost 0 pounds in transfer fees (academy players).
Oh right if only we had thought of that....oh wait we did then United and City nicked two of our best prospects for a pittance...so yes again proving what a different world we operate in ;) which is the point I and I think Frank was trying to make....

RedCurry

I think he’s just trying to motivate his very limited group of players by bigging up their performance. I kind of get it.
They have been getting smashed in six of their last 8 games and the coach needs to try and end the cycle whichever way he can.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
the assists cost about 90 million though and that's counting Bruno just the once!

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think he’s just trying to motivate his very limited group of players by bigging up their performance. I kind of get it.
They have been getting smashed in six of their last 8 games and the coach needs to try and end the cycle whichever way he can.
What are you taking about? They destroyed Southampton 1-4 a few weeks ago!

Giggs' right foot

A post-match interview that I, as an opposition fan, find whiny and very annoying, but I’d be livid if he was talking like that as a manager of my team.

“They change their system against little Brentford.” How much belittling on your own club can you be? You’re not in League One anymore, ffs.

youngrell

Wouldn’t have been so bad if he used different words to ‘destroyed’ and ‘smashed’. Came off like a bitter fan talking like that.

I don’t think even Klopp is weird enough to use those words in a post match interview, and he has real difficulty taking a defeat with grace.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
why was he so wierdly bitter? does he have a history with ralf
I think he thought he'd get the win of his career over us as we've been poor and he probably had a hard on all week about it. Now he's like a kid at Christmas waking up to find he got socks instead of ps5.

youmeletsfly

I'm talking out of my ass here, but let's be honest, if they score those two big chances in the first half, it's 2-0, done and dusted.

He has a reason for that interview, but he spoke about it like that loser trying to pick up a girl and sound interesting.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'm talking out of my ass here, but let's be honest, if they score those two big chances in the first half, it's 2-0, done and dusted.

He has a reason for that interview, but he spoke about it like that loser trying to pick up a girl and sound interesting.
2 goals isn't insurmountable

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

Let's change the rules of football to the first team to score 2 goals wins?

Mike Smalling

This thread is still going :lol:

His interview was really weird, but it also can’t really upset me that much. Still hope Brentford do well. They play with good energy and has a lot of Danes.

youmeletsfly

Didn’t you say the game would have been done if Brentford had scored 2 goals in the first half? You probably just started watching football.
Man do you know how to read basic English, like usual expressions and stuff or whatever you read you take it on the chin?

Blzbud

The guys seems like he uses cocaine
I mean, I know this is just spurious and irresponsible speculation, but just watching the guy chewing gum during the match, my immediate thought was, feck me, that bloke is coked off his tits.

Gandalf

To cut the guy some slack I can totally understand him being angry and disappointed with the way the game ended after Brentford did have much the better of the first half. I sometimes think it is easy to forget that despite his excellent English he is communicating in a second language and typically when you are emotional you struggle to express yourself clearly and he probably listened back later that evening and cringed himself at the way his comments came out.