Thomas Muller

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
The idea that hes bad at passing, or even that he's been average for years is silly. Even this season he's been good. He's just not as good as he used to be.
I like him as a person, but he's been trash on the pitch tbh. Not only this season.´

He seems to be bad at everything these days.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
...and no one knows why. Never *ever* anything of substance there at all.
Imo, Wishful thinking by some writers who thought it was still 2002 and United was sexier than BM. In 2014, it definitely wasn't.
He used United once to pressure the board because he was not a safe starter at that time. He did the same with Inter a few years before.

The Bloody-Nine

...and no one knows why. Never *ever* anything of substance there at all.
Imo, Wishful thinking by some writers who thought it was still 2002 and United was sexier than BM. In 2014, it definitely wasn't.
You mean other than LvG flat out saying that he wanted to sign him?

"I can confirm that I wanted Muller. But there was nothing we could do. FC Bayern made it clear that they would not sell him."
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/louis-van-gaal-man-united-muller-hummels-165459

Zlatanator

Would anybody advocate going for him to balance our right side. Assuming that a new challenge and new country would reinvigorate him, he has pedigree and is mourinho type attacker in many ways. Also probably not the ludicrous price touted in years gone by

Im not saying i want to, just a thought
I had the same thought an hour ago and this thread popped up ;) Yes, he can be up for a new challenge. He's a leader and more of a no non-sense footballer.

Last edited by a moderator:

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
You said there was no substance to the reports, which is obviously wrong.
i can actually see it before my inner eye: "Humm, i could stay here, where i am a national hero, my wife is happy and we just built a new home with a ranch for the horses, and take a shot with Pep and the guys at rhe CL title, or i could go to Manchester to challenge the charity shield with you, Louis, you squirrel, and artists like Fellaini. Now let me think for a minute....

Green_Red

We're being linked with this guy in the media. Fingers crossed its not true but I wouldnt be surprised given our transfer policy over the last 6 years. If he cant get a game at Bayern then he should signing for some mid-table club... oh wait... shit!

He's not coming here - he didn't want to join us under LVG so why would he want to join us now?

Jibbs

Muller can be utilized like Liverpool utilizes Firmino. He is a very intelligent player but for that we need a explosive player on our right wing too, James is good, but we need a quality player there who can contribute at least 15 goals a season. A left footed right winger / striker would be perfect, and give our side a balance with Rashford operating from left.

Scriblerus

Incredible that people are saying he was never any good - he was the best false 9 in the game. But was is probably right - surely we can find players in their mid 20s who will improve the team for years, rather than put faith in ones for whom the clock is already ticking. Of course, if he comes and knits the forward line together I'll happily eat this post.

sherrinford

Muller can be utilized like Liverpool utilizes Firmino. He is a very intelligent player but for that we need a explosive player on our right wing too, James is good, but we need a quality player there who can contribute at least 15 goals a season. A left footed right winger / striker would be perfect, and give our side a balance with Rashford operating from left.
You wouldn’t use him like Firmino. He’s the kind of player you play with a Firmino.

The attacking midfield version of Pippo Inzaghi.

bp19992

I don't think Muller is the kind of player who could come into a completely broken team and be successful. You need players with special individual skills for that, who can win matches on their own, like Ibrahimovic/Rooney/van Persie. Not a dig at him, but I think he needs to play in a well oiled machine to work effectively.

thepolice123

Incredible that people are saying he was never any good - he was the best false 9 in the game. But was is probably right - surely we can find players in their mid 20s who will improve the team for years, rather than put faith in ones for whom the clock is already ticking. Of course, if he comes and knits the forward line together I'll happily eat this post.
He didn't play at the False 9 role consistently enough for Bayern to be classed as the best. And thats not even his best position.

Eric's Seagull

Would have loved to see him come a few years ago. Don't think we will get him as he goes against Ole's policy of signing young players. Not sure what he is playing like this season although he has 4 assists in 297 minutes which in an extremely decent record. As he has won everything he may be a good experienced player for the younger players to look up to.

tenpoless

I don't think We should sign a player from Bayern again. They will never let their star players go until They're milked dry.
We signed Schweinsteiger the football player and got a tennis watcher instead. It's best to never try to sign Muller or Lewandowski.

Last edited:

Moiraine

I don't think We should sign a player from Bayern again. They will never let their star players go until They're milked dry.
We signed Schweinsteiger the football player and got a tennis watcher instead. It's best to never try to sign Muller or Lewandowski.
Hargreaves in his first season was immense, pivotal part of the double winning team. It was a crime to let portsmouth win against United in FA Cup. Kroos would have been a real good signing.

Never say never to a Bayern Player.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Lewandowski is probably the best player in the world right now along with Messi. Would give anything to have him on our team right now.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Nice one. Gotta respect the one club men like Müller. Bayern, Germany and World Cup legend.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
wasnt woodwards 3 dream signings bale, meuller and neymar - could see him splashing 100m on two of them this summer :nervous:
The Bale boat has long gone, and Neymar would probably still take 200m!

Trezeguet17

Weirdest player ever for me.
I have no idea in what he's good at.
His career is still massively underrated though. Absolute legend of the modern era