Thomas Partey | Arsenal Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergosaurus

I thought he was very good today but Roy Keane was going a bit OTT hyping him to have the potential of a Vieira. That was a bit much. Good signing for Arsenal though and a massive upgrade on Xhaka.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
As did I, was really jealous when Arsenal signed him. He ran the game today, have to wonder who's actually calling the shots with our transfers. £50m for Partey will turn out to be a bargain come the end of the season.
And we are going to say the exact same thing about Aouar as well, which will happen next year !

Davie Moyes

I did not watch the game or seen him play at can't comment on how good he is or not. However those who are saying he only cost 48m etc well that was his buy out clause. Secondly I've read he's on 200k a week and they paid his agent a large fee so all in all he was quite expensive. So probably Glazernomics came into play. How old is he? 28?

Alexit

I did not watch the game or seen him play at can't comment on how good he is or not. However those who are saying he only cost 48m etc well that was his buy out clause. Secondly I've read he's on 200k a week and they paid his agent a large fee so all in all he was quite expensive. So probably Glazernomics came into play. How old is he? 28?
He'll be 28 next year.

He's exactly what we need. Why weren't we interested in him?

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Partey is a one-man wall in front of the backline, an absolute beast. He and Gabriel would definitely improve United. I'm really surprised United didn't go for them.

Last edited:

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Not trying to WUM or anything, but is he not the exact sort of player you'd want to use as a 6 behind Bruno and Pogba in a 4-3-3? Don't understand why he's being downplayed in this thread.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Partey is a one-man wall in front of the backline, an absolute beast. He and Gabriel would definitely improve United.
Partey has been very good for a long time, and Gabriel certainly looks like a solid player, but coaching and how the team is set up also plays a huge part in how good players look. United sometimes look very disorganised in the middle of the park. Would these players look as solid under Ole?

Elneny is a good example of a player who looks very solid now. He was out in the wilderness before Arteta got his hands on him.

lex talionis

Partey put in a very solid shift for Arsenal against us. I’d give him an 8, but to be fair we didn’t present much trouble to him so a 7 is probably a fair rating. DM was a position in serious need of an upgrade this summer, but we chose to keep this hole in our squad in tact, with shambolic results against clubs like Palace and Spurs, and today against Arsenal.

AshRK

Overrating of his performance today is funny. He wasn't even arsenal's best midfielder.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I don't doubt his quality at all, he's a proven player. But today's performance wasn't that noteworthy.
Partey and Elneny were the best players on view. Definitely quality, and if they play a lot together their partnership will be very solid. That's the spine Arsenal have been lacking.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I didn’t think he was that great tbh? I’m sure he’s a good player but didn’t really show it today. Better than Xhaka though obviously.
He was good but the hype surrounding him seems to be causing people to overrate his performance. So many Vieira comparisons already.

amolbhatia50k

Not trying to WUM or anything, but is he not the exact sort of player you'd want to use as a 6 behind Bruno and Pogba in a 4-3-3? Don't understand why he's being downplayed in this thread.
Definitely looks like just the kind of player we need who can screen the back 4 and yet be good on the ball. I just didn't think that was a top peformance seen on a standalone basis. Also, it has to be said that we made the whole Arsenal team look (and they deserve credit too) like a prime Barcelona team minus the end product. Even Elneny looked classy yesterday.

Balotelli's Bib

Supports
Arsenal
He was good but the hype surrounding him seems to be causing people to overrate his performance. So many Vieira comparisons already.
The hype surrounding him is insane already.

It's a shame players can't have a good performance without the media lauding them the next "insert legend here".

But I guess hyperbole is what makes the footy world go round.

Will be interesting to see how he kicks on from here.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Only Keane said that and he's out of his mind. I'm not sure there is a player anywhere in Europe's big teams that could handle the comparison to what Vieira was to us.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Only Keane said that and he's out of his mind. I'm not sure there is a player anywhere in Europe's big teams that could handle the comparison to what Viera was to us.
Seen a few posts here as well

Ekeke

Partey is a one-man wall in front of the backline, an absolute beast. He and Gabriel would definitely improve United. I'm really surprised United didn't go for them.
He's nothing like that. He's very much a team player, had lots of help at Atletico and had lots of help from Gabriel, Lacazette and Saka for Arsenal against us

Lee565

Obviously he is being over hyped from yesterday's performance but we should have signed him over vdb based on complimenting the side better. Him sitting next matic with Fernandes in front of the two would have been a good balanced midfield

Red Daz

Wanted him for ages, was gutted Arsenal got him, and as I expected he’ll be great for them , annoying to say the least

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bound to be regretting his move from the top of La Liga to 15th in the Premier League. Surely he won't stick around. One we should be preparing a cheeky bid for at some point?
Ships sailed. Should’ve got him when he actually wanted out of Atletico in the first place.

Pagh Wraith

Bound to be regretting his move from the top of La Liga to 15th in the Premier League. Surely he won't stick around. One we should be preparing a cheeky bid for at some point?
Oh God. Arsenal signing him was already stupid enough.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Only if the bid is Lingard plus a bag of Hula Hoops.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

Lewnited

I'd be perfectly happy to go for it, would be the perfect player to replace Pogba in the double pivot. My only reservation would be his newly surfaced injury record but aside from that he'd be a great get. Much too good for Arsenal

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Fair enough. Thought he was a class act when I watched him a few times last season, maybe I was mistaken
Since his move to Arsenal, he's looked exactly like an arsenal player imo. Lightweight, and a bit flakey when it comes down to must win games, or times are getting tough. Might be completely wrong but don't fancy the risk at all.

Bwuk

We’ll get him cheap in the summer, doubt he’ll stick around in the championship.

Pagh Wraith

Fair enough. Thought he was a class act when I watched him a few times last season, maybe I was mistaken
He's good but good players can be bad transfers. Don't want to go over everything again but I was saying all summer that Arsenal shouldn't be signing a 27 year old on a massive contract in their situation. Some of it was in this thread.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What’s up with the criticism @One Night Only

He was their best player against us and I thought he was actually their best one against spurs despite of playing first half only. He’s the only arsenal player who is going to be an obvious upgrade to our XI. But ship has sailed when he joined arsenal unfortunately unless if arsenal is going to sell him cheap.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Easy to look great as a DM when the opposing team is playing for a draw.
Elneny was class against us too...
Fair enough if you don't rate him. I think he's exactly the type of player we need to protect our vulnerable centre back pairing and enable us to play any midfield 3 we want. Wouldn't need 2 men for one position (Fred-Mctominay) and is a major upgrade on Matic.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Fair enough if you don't rate him. I think he's exactly the type of player we need to protect our vulnerable centre back pairing and enable us to play any midfield 3 we want. Wouldn't need 2 men for one position (Fred-Mctominay) and is a major upgrade on Matic.
I haven't seen much of him to be honest, and I dislike making my views based on how players play against us because we make loads of them look world class if our team doesn't show up.

Nick7

I rate him, but I don’t think judging him on the game against us is a good idea.

lex talionis

Should we try to sign him when Arsenal are relegated?
I'd like to see us try to bring him in. Sadly for Arsenal, they're going nowhere over the next few seasons and there's no reason for Partey to be, well, part of that shitshow. At least we have hope of scratching the top four.

Status
Not open for further replies.