Thomas Partey | Arsenal Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

I think he'll be a good signing, top 4 could be the most competitive it's ever been.

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Fecking hell. How did Arsenal pull this off. He's a great player.

AshRK

Arteta has very little excuse of not finishing in top 4.

Chairman Steve

I think he’ll be decent to good, but not mindblowing signing good.

Plus as a thought, I can’t think of many players who have left Simeones Atlético who go on to be as successful elsewhere. They all seem to slot perfectly into the Simeone style and find it hard to adjust outside of that.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Chelsea, Liverpool and City are nailed on for top 4. So you think Arteta must definitely do better than Man Utd and Spurs?

K_Ash

at that price and that "reputation", it has been strange to me that Partey has always been linked to Arsenal and Arsenal only for months (from what I have seen)

AshRK

Chelsea, Liverpool and City are nailed on for top 4. So you think Arteta must definitely do better than Man Utd and Spurs?
And why shouldn't they. They have soent more than us and have started well or expectations for him is always less.

Raw

at that price and that "reputation", it has been strange to me that Partey has always been linked to Arsenal and Arsenal only for months (from what I have seen)
I find it strange too. Can't be bothered to check but maybe most top teams already have a player in his position.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
And why shouldn't they. They have soent more than us and have started well or expectations for him is always less.
I mean, United ended 3rd and strengthened their depth with Van De Beek, Telles and Cavani. I fully expect United to outperform Arsenal based on both squads.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I'm realy unimpressed by this signing and surprised at the reaction. I really don't think he's that good. Just my personal opinion though.

AshRK

I'm realy unimpressed by this signing and surprised at the reaction. I really don't think he's that good. Just my personal opinion though.
He is an upgrade on Elneny. They have fixed one of their issues. So they will be better.

Bojan11

I think he'll be a good signing, top 4 could be the most competitive it's ever been.
You really do create the most depressing threads. First Thiago and now this.

Not sure what to make of it to be honest. Arsenal laying off a lot of staff and then spending a lot of dosh on players and contracts. One thing we should praise Woodward for is they haven’t let anybody go, so far.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I hate football.

Zoo

I’d have been much more jealous if they had gotten Aouar. They aren’t a very creative team so I don’t think Partey is going transform them or anything.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
You really do create the most depressing threads. First Thiago and now this.

Not sure what to make of it to be honest. Arsenal laying off a lot of staff and then spending a lot of dosh on players and contracts. One thing we should praise Woodward for is they haven’t let anybody go, so far.
Bojan | Forum poster

always_hoping

Great signing for Arsenal if only United have someone less clueless over transfers than Woodward and simliar deals would be made.

Berbaclass

One thing I would ask. Why we're Atletico seemingly fine with letting him go if he was that good?

Berbaclass

Atletico fans complaining about it too, they're not happy with how Partey was treated.
Fair enough. I just disagree with this idea that Arsenal wanted him all summer but they waited till 10:55 on deadline day to complete the deal? We're being called desperate for signing players in a similar manner.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Give him a new deal with a higher clause?
Would Thomas have accepted it though? There were rumours about him leaving for the whole summer, so maybe they did offer him a new deal but he just didn't want to sign one.

saivet

I’d have been much more jealous if they had gotten Aouar. They aren’t a very creative team so I don’t think Partey is going transform them or anything.
I agree, they'll probably pair him with Xhaka which while solid is not inspiring. That said, the race for top 4 could be tight and he may be the difference.

xonyo

Supports
Arsenal
I think signing Partey will allow Arteta to move to a back 4 given the defensive security he brings. Even though he's primarily a defensive player, he might actually help us create more chances as a team.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Wasn't Rodri meant to be the ducks nuts of Defensive midfielders when he signed with City? He was better than this bloke.
Based on what? Without Partey they completely collapsed against Juve in 2018/19.

TJ Reid

Supports
Arsenal
Wouldn't praise Arsenal too much, they've set the standard in being a shambles.
A bit of a lazy assertion...more prejudice than insight

If you want to talk about shambles, I’m more than happy to indulge you...

Zoo

John Cross:

They are also paying Partey £260,000-a-week in a four year contract with an option, £2.5m signing-on fee and ten per cent agent commission in a staggering package.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I’

We could get into a shit flinging contest but I don't think it's worth it. It's obviously that neither club is where they should be.

TJ Reid

Supports
Arsenal
We could get into a shit flinging contest but I don't think it's worth it. It's obviously that neither club is where they should be.
I think both clubs are where they should be. No club has a divine right to rule.

Oxeki

Supports
Arsenal
We've only spent 20m more than you this window and with you already having the better team going into the season.
If Arteta gets top four with this current team, it will be nothing short of a miracle.

There are few teams with more quality than us. We still struggle to create chances and basically rely on Saka for our creative spark. Partey and Aouar this summer would catapulted us to compete for third, but we just don't have the funds.
I'm sure villa has spent more than you, so top four us a must for them? :lol:

Shark

@NotShark

Pretty much every United fan will admit we're currently a shambles. Doesn't mean Arsenal haven't been even worse since SAF stepped down. Remind me exactly what you've done?

Status
Not open for further replies.