Thomas Partey | SIGNED for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Marca reported that his release clause is 50 million

On Monday, GhanaWeb published an article saying the player and Manchester United are keen on each other.

The original source was Ghana’s CitiNewsRoom and they stated: ‘Manchester United have identified Atletico Madrid’s Thomas Partey as a summer transfer target, as the Red Devils seek to beef up their midfield options.’

They then added: ‘According to sources close to the player, the Ghanaian is very keen on a move to Old Trafford as he wants to fulfil his dream of playing in the Premier League.’

It all sounded straightforward, until CitiNewsRoom added: ‘Partey is reportedly on the list of possible recruits’

Now, either the Atletico player is of interest to United, and they have information to back that up, or they feel he may be and are going from other reports… of which there aren’t many.

The whole thing is also described as being at least partly down to what happens with Ander Herrera.

This is a Ghanian source we’re not used to, but they have interviewed Partey in the past, on more than one occasion, so it’s reasonable to believe a contact is in place.

His agents are a Ghana company, which could give further reason to suspect this may be something coming from the player’s camp.
http://sportwitness.co.uk/sources-c...n-signing-manchester-united-oles-summer-list/

Kapardin

Twitter's gonna be flooded with "Partey in Manchester", "Time to Partey", "Don't be Partey Poopers" jokes...

Thiagoal

I've always thought he was a very limited footballer! Good engine,tackler and positioning but adds very little otherwise!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good player. Can play RB, DM, and CM.

Would add much needed mobility to our central midfield.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Would go a long way in helping our midfield avoid
being overrun like Saturday.

Raven

I'd get him for his name alone.

Having only seen his highlights, he looks like he could be a good replacement for Matic. Would that be correct? Or are the highlight videos a little misleading?

Charles Miller

Funniest part was in the Transfer Tweets thread where things went from "who is Thomas Partey" to "he will completely transform our midfield" in the space of four posts.

El Jefe

I agree, he's not good enough on the ball.
I knew I would find a few posts in here that say that but I disagree. I actually think his passing is very underrated. He's able to play the ball between the lines and is also quite press resisitant by using his body to shield the opposing player.

The speed and intensity of Atleti's passing has been fine for him. I really do believe he'll suit the PL much more than la liga.

SATA

He reminds me of Sulley Muntari. Okay maybe it's a Ghanian thing and they play in almost the same position?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Haven’t seen much of him but from what I have he’s an absolute engine. Seem to recall him being really good at bursting midfield runs.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I've always thought he was a very limited footballer! Good engine,tackler and positioning but adds very little otherwise!
I hope not. Very limited player
I agree, he's not good enough on the ball.
I haven't heard of him before this so I won't act like I'm an expert on him, and also youtube videos are no way to judge a player properly but from this clip he looks far from limited on the ball. Passes the ball into the spaces, good long range passing. Unless we are expecting a defensive midfield destroyer to be able to run past players from deep and playmake like Pirlo?

Wallez

Partey is not the player we need, he is struggling for game time in Atletico as Saul and Rodri are comfortably better players at the centre of midfield. He could do a decent job as a Matic replacement, where he is a pure destroyer like Kante at Leicester and pre-Sarri Chelsea, but I think we can do better. I would rather pay a bit more money to get a more complete midfielder, preferably a deep-lying playmaker to replace Matic. We need a player to fill the role that Carrick did so brilliantly, and I think Ruben Neves or Rodri would be the ideal options. If we want a destroyer, I would rather see us bringing in a younger player with higher potential than Partey, for example Santiago Ascacibar, Ndidi or Declan Rice. Julian Weigl looked like a perfect replacement for Carrick a few years ago, but his career has stalled due to injuries. If we could get him for relatively cheap, he could be an interesting prospect in rotation with Matic. If we can bring his career back on tract, we will have a fantastic player for years.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Funniest part was in the Transfer Tweets thread where things went from "who is Thomas Partey" to "he will completely transform our midfield" in the space of four posts.
I almost commented on that, I've never heard of this player and certainly never seen him mentioned but one tweet later everyone was an expert and he'd be an excellent acquisition. Now this tweet has more exposure it tells a different tale

Hawks2008

Thought he was solid in the one or two times I saw him but I'm not an expert. At any rate a destroyer is not the profile of midfielder we need.

Dolf

Great replacement for Herrera. Anyone seen that goal he scored last weekend?

Beaucoup

I've seen him play a couple of times and he was crap in both of them!

Fosu-Mens

His technical ability on the ball is not as silky as Pogba or arguably Matic, but he is a lot quicker from receiving the ball until he has sent a pass. And with the introduction of Rodri into the team he has also played as a CM. If we can get him for the rumored clause at around 50m euros he would be great value for money.

J_XO

A mobile dm that allows us to play 2 creative midfielders ahead. Sounds great. Although I've learned not to believe the hype until they're in a United shirt bossing it

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
He was fantastic in the first leg against Arsenal at the Emirates last season. Would have been a fantastic Mourinho player. Not sure about Olé.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He's 25 which is a decent age but I'm skeptical about his role. Is it what we need and could we not get a better?

I saw Doucoure dominate our midfield on Saturday and couldn't help thinking he'd fit in better

kaempen

Haha, Thomas is potentially a world class level player and many people here have never even heard of him. At 50m it's a steal, and it's a possible signing because he seems to be a disloyal player. He can play DM to OM. He is usually played as a controller of the midfield, but he also has a great shot and good vertical passes.

izec

I like him. Rodri is better though, especially passing and on the ball. Partey is quicker and more mobile with more runs.

He isnt always playing, but he is no stranger for casual La Liga watchers as me. He would be a welcome addition to the squad, even if i think Rodri would be better for us if we want to play a more expansive game.

AgentP

I like him. Rodri is better though, especially passing and on the ball. Partey is quicker and more mobile with more runs.

He isnt always playing, but he is no stranger for casual La Liga watchers as me. He would be a welcome addition to the squad, even if i think Rodri would be better for us if we want to play a more expansive game.
Rodri's release clause is not that high either. I think it's 70m euros max. We should make it a rule not to sign midfielders who can't pass well or not technically good enough.

EDIT: His release clause is 100m euros :mad:

izec

Rodri's release clause is not that high either. I think it's 70m euros max. We should make it a rule not to sign midfielders who can't pass well or not technically good enough.
I wouldnt say he is bad technically or a bad passer, but Rodri is better there and i would like to see that type of player as a DM. But who knows what the club and Ole are planning. Partey wouldnt be bad, especially since Herrera will leave and Matic hasnt got the legs. We need some midfielders badly, thats for sure. A passer and runner

Status
Not open for further replies.