Thomas Partey | SIGNED for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSSSnake

What's his passing like? Personally I want a Neves type midfielder. We lack players who can pass well since Carrick retired.

Morpheus 7

This is a random link, feels like there could be something in it. Now again United get linked with someone like Lindelof for example. Not going to pretend I've seen him play. Least it's not fecking Willian from Chelsea.

Rolaholic

I like him. Rodri is better though, especially passing and on the ball. Partey is quicker and more mobile with more runs.

He isnt always playing, but he is no stranger for casual La Liga watchers as me. He would be a welcome addition to the squad, even if i think Rodri would be better for us if we want to play a more expansive game.
Well they just signed Rodri last summer so highly doubt they'd be looking to sell already especially given all the departures they're already expecting

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
No Partey and Atletico loses 3-0 away at Juve. Coincidence?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Anybody made a party joke yet or am I late to the Partey?
If he bosses our midfield will he be the Chef de Partie?

He will love the Indian and subcontinent food especially the chaPARTEYS

Inter Yer Nan

What's his passing like? Personally I want a Neves type midfielder. We lack players who can pass well since Carrick retired.
Not that good really. He's got a great engine, he's strong as an ox and he gets stuck in but offers little in the way of creativity and passing IMO. He's a good player, but we should set our sights higher IMO.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Doesnt seem the player to elevate us to the next level.

Infra-red

He'd be alright as a Matic replacement, with two more creative, passing midfielders in front of him. Doesn't offer much on the ball though.

There are probably better solutions out there at both #6 and #8.

Inigo Montoya

Not that good really. He's got a great engine, he's strong as an ox and he gets stuck in but offers little in the way of creativity and passing IMO. He's a good player, but we should set our sights higher IMO.
Alongside a more creative midfielder wouldn’t he be good?

Matic isn’t exactly a passing genius but reads the game well

Herrera has good ability to read and intercept.

Neither are genuine passers. With Herrera likely leaving, that leaves the door open for 2 players alongside Pogba

Inigo Montoya

The type of player we need depends on us getting UCL, otherwise we are looking at youngsters with potential, players with the ambition to join Utd because it’s Utd like Matic did when he left a good Chelsea side or players who are a bit under the radar

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's a good player. Don't think he's very bad at anything, just a solid all-around footballer.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We aren't looking for a single player to take us to the next level but players that Ole thinks are going to fit into the way he wants us playing which ultimately will take us to the 'next level'.

ErranMorad

If this guy is a "destroyer" with a good engine and has a decent pass on him, could it mean that we are planning on getting another creative type midfielder, or using Fred, along with Partey and Pogba in our midfield three? Or may be Ole is planning on playing 4231/442 next season with Pogba a little deeper and this guy to cover the pitch for him? Hence the links to Bruno Fernandez or Joao Felix, two players who are good centrally behind the striker.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We aren't looking for a single player to take us to the next level but players that Ole thinks are going to fit into the way he wants us playing which ultimately will take us to the 'next level'.
Yes, I know that. I don't see what new he offers even from a jigsaw standpoint. The energetic engines at top level clubs seem to have greater technical ability to match. Partey has always seemed decent for a squad perspective, but we need more than that if we don't want to be overrun in too many games.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Is he any better than Ndidi or Wanyama ? Isn't he very limited?

Red_toad

I wonder how Ole see's him working in our midfield? Seems like a real powerhouse.
I'd prefer Houssem Aouar to be honest. Lad is going to be immense in my opinion, such a balanced player, seems to always have time on the ball and can certainly pick a pass.

JJ12

Well, peak Wanyama?

A peak Wanyama itself was a limited player. Just trying to understand what type of player are we getting .
He's different and better than Wanyama. Similar to Ndidi I'd say. I'd be happy with Ndidi or Partey.

It's all paper talk though.

Rocknrolla69er

Kings of Leon song milk

There’s a chant in their somewhere

But I think Partey could be what we need at the base of our midfield ie mobility. What’s he like compared to Fernandinho are they similar

Gopher Brown

Every time I’ve seen Atletico play he comes on as an 85th min defensive substitute.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Would be a great signing and allow to play Pogba next to another attacking midfielder. Not really a flair player that would massively elevate the team but it would open up space for a more special player to play next to him and Pogba. Sort of like Fernandinho allows City to play both De Bruyne and Silva.

MUfreak

This guy is an absolute beast in the CDM role, the kind of cvnt *never get carded bellend* We need to inject fear into our oppo. We need him, get him asap.

I swear this guy will bring Fernandinho kinda impact to this team.

NoPace

I wonder how Ole see's him working in our midfield? Seems like a real powerhouse.
I'd prefer Houssem Aouar to be honest. Lad is going to be immense in my opinion, such a balanced player, seems to always have time on the ball and can certainly pick a pass.
Pogba-Aouar
---Partey---

looks good to me! Fred, McTominay/Matic and Pereira as backups. Either sell Matic or keep him for one more year and let Mctominay get 30 starts somewhere on loan as a 6 so he can come back in 2020 as a more experienced backup 6.

But more likely I'd guess Partey is being rumoured because he's similar to Herrera. Good mobility and tenacity for an 8, technically able to keep up on a top Spanish midfield but not quite as technically good as his teammates (Benat was better than Herrera technically at Bilbao), not so creatively brilliant (better long shot than Herrera but neither are offensively so special).

mdvmia

Supports
Barcelona
Quite an underrated player. From what I've seen and read about Atletico, he's probably been their best midfielder this season.

JJ12

Oh I have no doubt he does, just saying I wasn’t aware he was a regular for them.
I know it was just good timing :D

He seems to be playing in a similar position to Herrera to be honest.

Dong Fangzhuo

Only two games at DM this season according to whoscored, so prob more of a Herrera replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.