Thomas Partey | Time to get the partey started?

Minkaro

Didn't he say recently that he "wanted to retire" at Atletico?
He's 26, he can stay with us till he's 32 or 33, then go back and retire there. Everyone's happy!

Bestietom

I like Partey but I would prefer Zakaria now. He's a brute and very good defensively and can score goals from set pieces, especially with Fernandes finding him.

poleglass red

I hadn't seen him play a full game yet, seems like a strong enough player. Thought his passing was very defensive ie a lot of backwards passing, but that might be due to Atletico's playing style or trying to waste time as they were a lot during 1st half, until the goal. Re the defensive side of his game, seemed okay, 2 of Liverpool's best players though in 1st half were Wijnaldum and Oxlade Chamberlin who were getting all kinds of time on the ball and making untracked runs. The way Atletico were set up, they kind of invite you on to them, so hard to judge the role of a defensive mid in that, essentially the whole team is defensive. You can see why he's sought after. Probably not the best game to judge him on. Be interesting to see him in a more attack minded side

Inter Yer Nan

I hadn't seen him play a full game yet, seems like a strong enough player. Thought his passing was very defensive ie a lot of backwards passing, but that might be due to Atletico's playing style or trying to waste time as they were a lot during 1st half, until the goal. Re the defensive side of his game, seemed okay, 2 of Liverpool's best players though in 1st half were Wijnaldum and Oxlade Chamberlin who were getting all kinds of time on the ball and making untracked runs. The way Atletico were set up, they kind of invite you on to them, so hard to judge the role of a defensive mid in that, essentially the whole team is defensive. You can see why he's sought after. Probably not the best game to judge him on. Be interesting to see him in a more attack minded side
He does have a good range of passing. You'll see in games where Atletico have more of the ball he has the ability to spread the ball wide and find good passes. I'd classify him as a very good passer with a good range. His game is adaptable. He can run with the ball and off it, can pass long and short, play in tight spaces and also has quality in space. He's very good at following the orders of the coach. I would imagine he's one of Simeone's favorite players because he'll always give you his best and do what's asked of him. I think he'd improve us massively and would help put Bruno in that De Bruyne world class category.

croadyman

Linked to Arsenal in The Telegraph tomorrow,however hopefully we are the english club interested in buying him.