Thomas Partey | SIGNED for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestietom

For me, this is the position that needs strengthening the most. Partey, from what little I've seen, looks ideal, strong, tall, fast, keeps it simple. We wouldn't be leaking as many goals if we replaced Matic with him.
Yes, Partey or Pelegrini would be good replacement for Matic.

Alabaster Codify7

Either Partey or Zakaria would be an instant upgrade on our CDM options and would protect our back 4 well. I would happily take either, but Zakaria might be more obtainable as Atletico are doing well at present.

enwhykiid

Either Partey or Zakaria would be an instant upgrade on our CDM options and would protect our back 4 well. I would happily take either, but Zakaria might be more obtainable as Atletico are doing well at present.
Both would be hard to obtain in January. Gladbach are tied for first in their league, and even though we can trigger the release clause for Partey, would he want to leave Atletico for us in in the middle of the season?

Inter Yer Nan

What kind of season this man is having?
I haven't watched him play much of this season.
He's been very good, certainly Atletico's best midfielder this season and arguably the teams best performer overall. They have more control of games when he plays and his passing is improving. His long range passing ability seems to be improving. He's very versatile. I feel his best position is with somebody a bit more defensive playing behind him and let him a bit more freedom because he's excellent at breaking up play and pressuring the opposition.

There was some talk that he quite fancies a premier league role but he seems valued at Atletico and enjoy it there having came up there. The money in England particularly at United could be hard to resist though and with a fee like 50m he'd be an excellent addition as I feel he'd probably be even better in England than Spain. Having said that, aside from the financial aspect, he'd be mad to leave Atleti for us.

Rocknrolla69er

Just been watching this

Seems a no brainer for me if we can get him at 50m euros (£42.5m)

Pair him with Fernandes and then Grealish in the summer to replace Pogba

.........Grealish.......Fernandes......
....................Partey.......................

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
If we have any actual aspiration to become a top team again, we should buy both. We have zero viable DMFs currently in the team (Matic doesn't count) and we need two to rotate them. That part feels like a no-fecking-brainer, but can somebody please explain to me:

considering how horrible our current disarray looks from outside, why would Partey leave Atlético Madrid and come play for us?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Just been watching this

Seems a no brainer for me if we can get him at 50m euros (£42.5m)

Pair him with Fernandes and then Grealish in the summer to replace Pogba

.........Grealish.......Fernandes......
....................Partey.......................
Sorry to break it to you but not every team or manager can play like Pep style where you will have two very advanced midfield in midfield 3. And we are likely going to use 4231 formation anyway.

Rocknrolla69er

Sorry to break it to you but not every team or manager can play like Pep style where you will have two very advanced midfield in midfield 3. And we are likely going to use 4231 formation anyway.
Very strange reply, im pretty sure Partey can play in a 4231 formation

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Could really do with another space in the title.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Very strange reply, im pretty sure Partey can play in a 4231 formation
It seems you missed the point.

It’s just weird to even bump this thread in the first place, when there is no any link to us at the moment, the admin could lock the thread you know. Next time post something better in the right thread.

Rocknrolla69er

It seems you missed the point.

It’s just weird to even bump this thread in the first place, when there is no any link to us at the moment, the admin could lock the thread you know. Next time post something better in the right thread.
Im sure admin will lock the thread if they see fit, in the meantime concentrate on posting meaningful posts instead of trying to dictate what other posters post as its abit sad, its not weird when the transfer window is open and were looking for midfielders, another very strange reply, congrats youve qualified for my ignore list

E-mal

Him and Fernandes plus keeping Pogba will give us an excellent midfield and good depth.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Im sure admin will lock the thread if they see fit, in the meantime concentrate on posting meaningful posts instead of trying to dictate what other posters post as its abit sad, its not weird when the transfer window is open and were looking for midfielders, another very strange reply, congrats youve qualified for my ignore list

It's not dictate. It's just the reality that you can't accept. Transfer window is open but be realistic will ya.

1) I told you that not every team or manager can play like Pep style where you will have two very advanced midfield in midfield 3, beside we are likely playing 4231. This is my response to you putting Grealish & Bruno together in your dream midfield. And you responded with something strange like "Partey can play in 4231", I was like what the feck?

2) If you are going to bump this thread just to post your 3 new dream ideal midfield transfer, I suggest you to go:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/3-realistic-signings-to-improve-us.449864/page-30#post-25153180
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/the-search-for-a-midfielder.436176/
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/wha...ver-ending-story.440780/page-60#post-25139109

Wayne's World

Monster performance from him tonight.

He would be very high on my list of midfielders to sign this summer.

RedDevilRoshi

Was just gonna bump this too.

How much would he cost? If he even wanted to leave.

Fred, Partey, Fernandes. Sorted.
I remember reading in the summer on here that he had a very reasonable clause.

Looks a very good player.

davidmichael

I struggle watching Liverpool as I hate seeing them do well so not watching the game against Atletico but Partey is a bit like Fred and McTominay though isn’t he ? As in he’s not an out and out defensive midfielder is he ? Or am I wrong in thinking that ? Sure I read before he’s got a £40-£50 million release clause.

Wayne's World

I struggle watching Liverpool as I hate seeing them do well so not watching the game against Atletico but Partey is a bit like Fred and McTominay though isn’t he ? As in he’s not an out and out defensive midfielder is he ? Or am I wrong in thinking that ? Sure I read before he’s got a £40-£50 million release clause.
More like Patrick Vieira tonight. His ability to bring the ball out of defense was absolutely first class tonight.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I heard on a football podcast early last year that his release fee was alot higher than the reported 40 million.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Him being out in the return leg against Juve really hurt Atletico last year.

Onerealunited

He has been one of my favorite players for some years now. I have watched him live a couple of times and have followed him since he was in the second team of Atlético. He is exactly the defensive midfielder we need and would serve us for many years if we can convince him to come to the north. If it should happen, I promise to be the first one to buy his shirt

Inter Yer Nan

He's much better on the ball that both. Not knocking Fred and McTom but Partey is on the next level up.

davidmichael

More like Patrick Vieira tonight. His ability to bring the ball out of defense was absolutely first class tonight.
Well I’d certainly take a Vieira in our midfield I’ve always thought Vieira’s defensive game was hugely underrated because of him being such a great box to box midfielder, I just don’t want another high energy box to box midfielder with McTominay and Fred already in the squad when it’s a pure defensive midfielder we need.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Played like a prime Matic in terms of composure on the ball and Fred on steroids tonight. Looks a very good player.

croadyman

Surely seeing him absolutely boss the best club side in the world tonight will get Ole's attention

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Good reputation from before, proves himself a level above our alternatives in midfield against Liverpool. I'm sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.