Thomas Partey

wythyred

Atletico Madrids 24 year old central midfielder.

I have watched him a lot over the past season and have been very impressed. He is dynamic,strong and has a very good range of passing this combined with his versatility (Fullback) makes me think he would be a great addition to our squad.

Has anyone else seen much of him?

I can't believe he doesn't seem to linked with a move as he looks like the type of midfield player us,Chelsea,Arsenal in particular could really do with.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I've liked him for Atlético but seeing him the other day against Iceland elevated my opinion of him. He's an excellent footballer. He was shifting the ball across flanks, dribbling past opponents. No one could take the ball off him and he scored a goal to cap off an excellent performance. Probably the best performance by a single player against Iceland since Ronaldo beat us 8 years ago.

I think he'd be a good purchase. Atlético's system doesn't do a great job of highlighting individual quality of some players and he may have flown under the radar because of that.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Good CM indeed, was impressed everytime I watched him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm a fan. Very very difficult to dispossess and can play three positions to a high standard.

drdoityourself

First time I particularly noticed him was against Iceland. Agree with Snow, he was excellent, best player on the pitch by a mile.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He’s played a fair bit of this season at fullback, iirc?

Very versatile indeed. Would be a good squad addition, though I’m not sure if the amount Atletico would want for him, would justify a squad player. He might eventually force his way into our starting XI - especially at fullback of course but it seems CM might be his best position.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Uninviting name aside he does look pretty decent. Back up to Matic?

Minkaro

There's a load of songs you could turn into chants for him (mostly by Andrew WK). I'm in.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Good player, very strong if a little rash with his decision making at times.
A decent player and would be a good addition to United's midfield but I wouldn't fancy our chances of getting him, Athleti wouldn't sell.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Played very well this year and seems to be moving to week in week out player at Atletico.

One question, why would he leave them? Europa league this season and two CL appearences in last four years so downgrade going to English club at this moment in time.

Reynoldo

Pity Rooney is not still about, press would have a had a good one after a team night out...Partey on Wayne

Le Red

Clueless. His poor positioning makes him constantly bother the teammates. Lacks skill and it looks like the ball is constantly trying to get away from him as if he were a rapist. Not very intelligent overall. Pass.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
He's brilliant isn't he?

Constantly breaking the lines from deep. Carrickesque stuff tonight v Real.

Pay the release clause in January FFS before it goes up.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Some crispy passing too aside from the ball-winning stuff.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Very stupid not to do this in the summer. Very stupid indeed

Eddy_JukeZ

He'd be perfect for us.

A holding midfield that can play passes between the lines and athletic to boot.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Would be perfect next to mctominay and allow pogba to play further forward, but of course we won’t.

Gerald G

He's very, very good. I said we should have went for him in the summer. He would be perfect for us but we're a stupidly ran club.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would be perfect next to mctominay and allow pogba to play further forward, but of course we won’t.
We can’t be in the market looking for a ‘partner’ for Scott McTominay. He needs to be upgraded as soon as possible himself.

Ludens the Red

Clueless. His poor positioning makes him constantly bother the teammates. Lacks skill and it looks like the ball is constantly trying to get away from him as if he were a rapist. Not very intelligent overall. Pass.
He's brilliant isn't he?

Constantly breaking the lines from deep. Carrickesque stuff tonight v Real.

Pay the release clause in January FFS before it goes up.
:lol: The contrast

Alabaster Codify7

He would be a gigantic improvement on both Matic and McTominay, or in a worst case scenario, would allow the latter to play every game in a more advanced role (poor in my opinion, but Ole seems to rate him). He was also available for a very reasonabl fee in the summer and is proven at the top level. Yet Ole preferred an English lad with 9 senior games to his name who now looks bang average.....because he is English. Club is screwed.

Davicho

He is very good at defending, and always try to play the ball forward. Would be a very good addition to our midfield.

dbs235

He would be a gigantic improvement on both Matic and McTominay, or in a worst case scenario, would allow the latter to play every game in a more advanced role (poor in my opinion, but Ole seems to rate him). He was also available for a very reasonabl fee in the summer and is proven at the top level. Yet Ole preferred an English lad with 9 senior games to his name who now looks bang average.....because he is English. Club is screwed.
Who you talking about?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Yeah, I also have no clue who you're talking about.

Irrational.

We’ll be too busy haranguing West Ham for Declan Rice. Ole seems to have blinkers on which only allows him to look for British players, when there’s better, cheaper talent outside these shores.