Thomas Tuchel confirmed as PSG's new manager

Canagel

why he didn't use cavani? not that I'm complaining but they never went aerial even in the last seconds.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Not sure if naive or arrogant with the way they setup against us tonight, I swear both Thiago Silva and Kimpembe were playing in our own half in first 25 mins leaving acres of space behind for Lukaku who was almost in if Rashford had played a better ball. It was same in the 2nd half too, his team didn't drop off at all. It allowed our players to run at their defence when there was a turnover.

Undid all the good work at OT with his tactical decisions tonight.

Bola

1930s cartoon Teenage Detective gets found out

lysglimt

Scout
Thought he behaved admirable in the interviews. Not having a go at the ref, said they should have done better themselves. Behaved much better than he did at O.T

Bola

You can tell he's from the same school of thought as Klopp.
He's only the flower girl/ page boy, still several stages to go before he can be classed at the 'Bridesmaid' level

deafepl

Tuchel would be the perfect addition to Ole's coaching step up.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
First CL campaign with PSG - crashing out in R16 and not even knowing the rules of the game. Not the best start if anyone asks me.
By that logic we could all start handling ball whenever we feel like, as long as its not going in.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He always striked me as an odd choice when PSG were looking for someone to take them to the next level, more of a sideways move from Emery than an upgrade

tbh PSG + Mourinho seem like the perfect match

SamVimes

Thought he behaved admirable in the interviews. Not having a go at the ref, said they should have done better themselves. Behaved much better than he did at O.T
He lost and wants to keep his pay cheque.

predator

Youth NITK
What did his post match comments consist of? To be honest he is quite a classy fella but it would be interesting to see what he makes of it all.

predator

Youth NITK
Just seen his comments haha. He's right, Dalot's shot lool like it was going high wide and not at all handsome but you cannot probe that it was not going to dip and beat buffon or cause him problems. A blatant handball is a blatant handball and despite the whereabouts of the ball you cannot argue otherwise. If it hit Kimpembe, exactly in the position it did tonight, but having his stomach and and midriff in the line of sight then I'd agree it was contestable. Fact is... If Kimpembe's arm was not there then no one could have predicted the flight of the ball and therefore where it would have ended.

saivet

From watching his post match comments, it didn't seem like he thought they shouldn't have conceded a penalty because it was going over, but more that it hurts that bit more to concede a penalty like that which is understandable

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
What did his post match comments consist of? To be honest he is quite a classy fella but it would be interesting to see what he makes of it all.
Basically that he don't think it was a penalty because of how the shot was and how it struck the hand. He then talks about how hard it is to make that kind of difficult call of "handball or no handball" and there are arguments for and against it being a penalty based on how the rules are currently interpreted. Then he mentions that he knows that they were striding a thin line being 2-1 down and were ultimately punished for not doing more.

el3mel

He was always an overrated manager. People were talking about him as if he's the next messiah, that he has an unprecedented philosophy in football or something when he was linked to Bayern.

Good manager, but highly overrated.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He was always an overrated manager. People were talking about him as if he's the next messiah, that he has an unprecedented philosophy in football or something when he was linked to Bayern.

Good manager, but highly overrated.
PSG was the best side in the tournament and that without Neymar and Cavani. He's a great manager who got extremely unlucky IMO.

el3mel

PSG was the best side in the tournament and that without Neymar and Cavani. He's a great manager who got extremely unlucky IMO.
Unlucky?

He was playing a team with 10 players absent, including its entire midfield, while he only has 2 with top class replacements well.

He was actually very lucky with the list of United injuries and screwed it up.

Just because he knows how to attack or push forward doesn't mean he's a great manager, something many fell for it.

Cait Sith

One of many poverty Pep type managers, needs to get in line with Sarri, Sampaoli, Setien, Paco Jemez etc.

Cait Sith

"Best side in the tournament". Haha. My fellow German posters and their usual bias about anything German.

As I said in the post match thread after the first leg. United actually had the upper hand in the first half, PSG proceeded to score 2 thanks to injuries.

Being a great manager is more than pulling a 3 man backline. Realizing that you can't win the CL by pulling 60 year old Buffon who is spilling balls for half a decade now, for starters.

Bojan11

Harsh criticism. I felt the players let him down because they got too cocky and complacent. Some of them showboating at 1-1 like Alves the cnut.

I would still take him at Man Utd one day. He’d probably be grown up by then. This PSG team it’s just hard for him because the league is far too easy. They get too complacent in games because they think it’s too easy.

Brightonian

He transmitted his nervous, negative energy to the team right from the start. He completely lost his rag with someone when they misplaced a crossfield ball shortly after our opener. Both teams were producing some very strange unforced errors right through the match but whereas our players shook those mistakes off (we saw errors from the likes of Shaw, McTominay and Rashford who were otherwise some of the best players on the pitch), theirs got more and more shaky as a result. For me that difference stems from the difference in demeanour between Solskjaer and Tuchel.

Easier to be chilled out as the underdog, of course, but still.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Kimpembe should have been sent off in the first leg anyway, karma at its finest.

Anyone notice that the PSG fans on here are like Glastonspur when Spurs lose? All the big talk before scouring back to their crannies when their team fail.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Unlucky?

He was playing a team with 10 players absent, including its entire midfield, while he only has 2 with top class replacements well.

He was actually very lucky with the list of United injuries and screwed it up.

Just because he knows how to attack or push forward doesn't mean he's a great manager, something many fell for it.
Hardly his fault. Kehrer and Buffon had Karius level blunders there and they still had gone through if it wasn't for a very hard VAR decision in the 93rd minute. And that's not taken into consideration that they missed an incredible amount of chances in the first half. No offense but this game should've been a 3:0 at half time not a 1:2 and there's not much Tuchel could've done about that.

I understand that United supporters are euphoric right now but this downplaying irks me. PSG was the far, far better team throughout both legs, their first match against you was arguably the best display in the tournament. I'm all for being happy that you've gone through and I hope you are going far now but a little sense of reality would be nice. Tuchel has had PSG play some amazing football and if it wasn't for only one of two serious mistakes or an at least debatable referee call in the 93rd minute, this forum would be on about what a great coach he is.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Hardly his fault. Kehrer and Buffon had Karius level blunders there and they still had gone through if it wasn't for a very hard VAR decision in the 93rd minute. And that's not taken into consideration that they missed an incredible amount of chances in the first half. No offense but this game should've been a 3:0 at half time not a 1:2 and there's not much Tuchel could've done about that.

I understand that United supporters are euphoric right now but this downplaying irks me. PSG was the far, far better team throughout both legs, their first match against you was arguably the best display in the tournament. I'm all for being happy that you've gone through and I hope you are going far now but a little sense of reality would be nice. Tuchel has had PSG play some amazing football and if it wasn't for only one of two serious mistakes or an at least debatable referee call in the 93rd minute, this forum would be on about what a great coach he is.
:lol: No it shouldn't.

If you are playing a team without basically any of their midfielders and with just one starting forward available and cannot put the tie to bed having won 2-0 away from home, it's not unlucky.

It wasn't a debatable call either.

Classical Mechanic

Hardly his fault. Kehrer and Buffon had Karius level blunders there and they still had gone through if it wasn't for a very hard VAR decision in the 93rd minute. And that's not taken into consideration that they missed an incredible amount of chances in the first half.
This just isn't true. They had a paucity of real chances, only 12 shots in the whole game and only 4 on target. De Gea didn't have to make any great saves.