Thomas Tuchel confirmed as PSG's new manager

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Wow there! :eek::eek::eek:
Calling us crude oil drinking surrendering plastic farmer cnuts is fair game but comparing us with Glaston is way out of line!
Heat of the moment, I must apologise with utmost sincerity!

Besides it wasnt you I was referring to, you and another one seem to be alright, there was one in the buildup thread that came across like a French Glaston. My bad. :angel:

ti vu

NAK wants to renew Tuchel until 2022.
Didn't PSG once renew Blnac contract few months before giving the boot and appointed Emery? Writing on the wall for a Tuchel then...

Fridge chutney

You just hit the mother lode of luck, and nothing else.
Yep, 2 injuries in-match in the first half of the first leg and a ridiculous red card to our best midfielder is "luck". Let alone 10 injuries and an entire midfield obliterated.

Some of you don't half talk absolute rubbish.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If I take of my red tinted glasses of a few seconds, it is clear to see that Tuchel over both leg won the tactical battle in terms of being the dominant team and players putting in the better performance.

However, when you look at that amount of arrogance that was in the psg team last night, Tuchel deserved to get eliminated based on that. A 2-0 lead in the first leg is not a difficult lead to hold, especially when you have excellent technical players like Verratti, Draxler, and a destroyer in Marquinhos in your midfield. Moreover, the opposition managers allowing you all the possession in the world. When I saw Dani Alves doing this in the game:

I knew we were going to go through. I am not sure what Tuchel said to his players, but I doubt a manager like Simione would have allowed that or for their team to get so complacent. Whereas, other top managers would have showed confidence in a different manner that doesn’t border on arrogance. Either way, Tuchel is still a good manager, but very naive to underated this United team.
Don't worry mate nobody can accuse you of wearing red tinted glasses maybe Pochettino tinted glasses.

Fridge chutney

Don't worry mate nobody can accuse you of wearing red tinted glasses maybe Pochettino tinted glasses.
I've never seen such a consistent effort over so many threads to undermine a United legend doing well by a supposed United fan.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I've never seen such a consistent effort over so many threads to undermine a United legend doing well by a supposed United fan.
It's really weird. He was defending Pochettino from Spurs fans post Arsenal match. That was quite a surreal experience.

Kapardin

He's a good manager and I rate him, but he exhibits a bit of naivete in big games. In particular, his teams almost always have Wengeresque defensive lapses in the big games.

Playing Buffon ahead of Areola was also pretty stupid.

DBT85

He's a good manager and I rate him, but he exhibits a bit of naivete in big games. In particular, his teams almost always have Wengeresque defensive lapses in the big games.

Playing Buffon ahead of Areola was also pretty stupid.
Who needs Areola when Buffon is so capable of being a boob himself?

saivet

PSG haven't really sacked managers after one season have they? Didn't PSG have the 6-1 and lose the league title to Monaco in Emery's first season and he still got another year?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Guardiola never won the CL either at Bayern.
Yes. Everything's possible in cup competitions as you've seen Wednesday. Or last season when you guys really deserved to go through against Madrid.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yes. Everything's possible in cup competitions as you've seen Wednesday. Or last season when you guys really deserved to go through against Madrid.
In the league, Carlo finished 18 points above Tuchel

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
In the league, Carlo finished 18 points above Tuchel
Yeah, and if you give Lewis Hamilton a Mountain Bike and me a Ferrari I'm confident I'm winning every Grand Prix ahead of him.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yeah, and if you give Lewis Hamilton a Mountain Bike and me a Ferrari I'm confident I'm winning every Grand Prix ahead of him.
Solksjaer broken mountain bike just won Tuchels Ferrari at the Paris Grand prix

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Solksjaer broken mountain bike just won Tuchels Ferrari at the Paris Grand prix
He didn't. Solkskjaer won two rounds with a Mercedes when Tuchel's engine freaked out. Oh and it's not like Tuchel's car was in perfect state considering two rather good footballers called Neymar and Cavani were missing. United's team was a lot closer to PSG's than Tuchel's Dortmund to Ancelotti's Bayern and the BVB still won a cup over them in that period. But let's ignore that because it doesn't fit the narrative :)

I mean, the shot that lead to the penalty was United's first in that half AFAIK and it was completely off target - so that's already extremely lucky even if you ignore that the decision was atrocious. The other two goals were gifted to United by immense mistakes Tuchel had no influence on. That's just extremely bad luck for Tuchel. There's literally nothing he could have done to avoid that.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I’m more impressed that he never mentioned Pochettino in that long essay he wrote :lol:
Aye, it’s very weird.
It's really weird. He was defending Pochettino from Spurs fans post Arsenal match. That was quite a surreal experience.
There’s one glaringly obvious solution to this maybe: Amadeus is Pochettino himself, who’s a United fan and has long coveted the job? :lol: That would connect so many dots

Giggsyking

Thomas Tuchel has compared Man Utd to Guingamp following their Champions League elimination

Thomas Tuchel on PSG's Champions League exit: "I have the same feeling now as I did after our defeat

.to Guingamp in the Coupe de la Ligue, it was impossible to lose and we lost with three penalties

".I never had the impression that Manchester United wanted to win here“

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He didn't. Solkskjaer won two rounds with a Mercedes when Tuchel's engine freaked out. Oh and it's not like Tuchel's car was in perfect state considering two rather good footballers called Neymar and Cavani were missing. United's team was a lot closer to PSG's than Tuchel's Dortmund to Ancelotti's Bayern and the BVB still won a cup over them in that period. But let's ignore that because it doesn't fit the narrative :)

I mean, the shot that lead to the penalty was United's first in that half AFAIK and it was completely off target - so that's already extremely lucky even if you ignore that the decision was atrocious. The other two goals were gifted to United by immense mistakes Tuchel had no influence on. That's just extremely bad luck for Tuchel. There's literally nothing he could have done to avoid that.
Uefa themselves came out and said it was the correct decision. So not atrocious. 50/50 perhaps. I have seen them been given before.

Djemba-Djemba

Thomas Tuchel has compared Man Utd to Guingamp following their Champions League elimination

Thomas Tuchel on PSG's Champions League exit: "I have the same feeling now as I did after our defeat

.to Guingamp in the Coupe de la Ligue, it was impossible to lose and we lost with three penalties

He was Dortmund manager when they bottled a big lead in a two legged tie against Liverpool.

Maybe he needs to take a look at how he prepares his teams in Europe.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Uefa themselves came out and said it was the correct decision. So not atrocious. 50/50 perhaps. I have seen them been given before.
Haven't talked to a single person outside this forum who thought that pen was rightfully given. Of course UEFA say that, they protect their referees. Anyway, there are threads for that topic, no need to discuss it here.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Those were copycat games indeed, just Manchester being more solid at the back and Guingamp more dangerous going forward.

Kostov

Haven't talked to a single person outside this forum who thought that pen was rightfully given. Of course UEFA say that, they protect their referees. Anyway, there are threads for that topic, no need to discuss it here.
I haven't spoken to a single person who watches football and saw the game, who thought it wasn't a penalty. But yeah... no need to discuss it here.

Djemba-Djemba

Which mistakes in particular?
I don't think the PSG camp have made any allowances for how bad our injury crisis was. We were missing 10 players for feck sake, of course we weren't going to play free flowing football.

I also think they seem to have forgotten that the first 45 minutes of the first leg were very tight. We then have to make 2 subs for injuries and a player that should have been sent off goes on to score the opener.

They make out like they just incredibly unlucky but across the tie they had plenty of luck, they just didn't take advantage like we did .

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I don't think the PSG camp have made any allowances for how bad our injury crisis was. We were missing 10 players for feck sake, of course we weren't going to play free flowing football.

I also think they seem to have forgotten that the first 45 minutes of the first leg were very tight. We then have to make 2 subs for injuries and a player that should have been sent off goes on to score the opener.

They make out like they just incredibly unlucky but across the tie they had plenty of luck, they just didn't take advantage like we did .
So what precisely were Tuchel's mistakes, then? The only thing I read that could be remotely connected him is the part with the allowances to your injury crisis. What kind of allowances do you mean? They in fact played with a lot of patience which is essentially best practice against teams that are happy defending their own third of the pitch.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Ok, i will just believe them over UEFA. Case closed.

Djemba-Djemba

So what precisely were Tuchel's mistakes, then? The only thing I read that could be remotely connected him is the part with the allowances to your injury crisis. What kind of allowances do you mean? They in fact played with a lot of patience which is essentially best practice against teams that are happy defending their own third of the pitch.
He said he never had the impression we were trying to win the match even though pre game Ole came out and said what our plan was.

Keep it tight and make sure with ten minutes left We're still in the tie. Ole didn't say it publicly but I imagine he knew PSG would be very nervous if the tie was in the balance due to their past failures.

I thought Tuchel was too passive 2nd half and PSG for all their possession only really created one proper chance. I think they should have gone for it more and tried to kill us off instead of hoping to sneak through 3-2 on aggregate.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Ok, i will just believe them over UEFA. Case closed.
Believe what makes you happy but the UEFA is sure as hell not neutral in this situation.

He said he never had the impression we were trying to win the match even though pre game Ole came out and said what our plan was.

Keep it tight and make sure with ten minutes left We're still in the tie. Ole didn't say it publicly but I imagine he knew PSG would be very nervous if the tie was in the balance due to their past failures.

I thought Tuchel was too passive 2nd half and PSG for all their possession only really created one proper chance. I think they should have gone for it more and tried to kill us off instead of hoping to sneak through 3-2 on aggregate.
So what I extract from this is you think Tuchel's mistake was that PSG didn't go for the kill in the last chapters of the game? Well, they did, they just didn't convert their chances. And even if they didn't, is that necessarily the manager's fault?

I completely disagree by the way, it was a dumb loss of possession that killed them. They weren't mature enough. You need patience and precision to beat teams parking the bus and they could've had more of both in the second leg.

Djemba-Djemba

Believe what makes you happy but the UEFA is sure as hell not neutral in this situation.

So what I extract from this is you think Tuchel's mistake was that PSG didn't go for the kill in the last chapters of the game? Well, they did, they just didn't convert their chances. And even if they didn't, is that necessarily the manager's fault?

I completely disagree by the way, it was a dumb loss of possession that killed them. They weren't mature enough. You need patience and precision to beat teams parking the bus and they could've had more of both in the second leg.
Well you can disagree if you want, I disagree with your opinion.

The talk of parking the bus just sounds like a bitter dig after going out.

If PSG were missing 10 players and came to Old Trafford 2-0 down from the first leg I can't imagine they'd have set up to play beautiful free flowing football either.

You seem very invested in the PSG Utd tie for a supposed neutral by the way.