Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

BorisManUtd

His body language during the game was all wrong. I mean he always looks like a cancer victim, but after they went a goal down, he actually looked like he knew his time was up
It's similar to Jose when we last played under him vs Liverpool in December 2018, he just sat on the bench and looked done. Tuesday morning he was gone.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So presumably those transfers that they brought in weren't his then?

Because this sacking would make even less sense if he was the one who sanctioned them.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Tuchels's details in the attacking phase are by far from impressive during several months, it relies too much on wing-backs crossing and it's too predictable. So, Chelsea faces some big problems against some low-relegation sides. However, his tactics against big teams are impressive.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
To be honest Ronaldo is better than Auba who they panic bought anyway
Not the same profile. Ronaldo won't make numerous runs behind defence or run the channels which is what they needed because they were too predictable.

In general, don't think either of them is the answer, but I would be deeply worried if the new owner is insisting on bringing a 37-year old striker who looks more as a vanity project then anything else. From our perspective, wouldn't mind them bidding in January depending on how Ronaldo performs until then.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Poch will definitely be mentioned as a possible replacement. Potter will have different levels of expectations and egos to cater to if he's appointed. Can he cope? Rogers will also be out of work soon.

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Not the same profile. Ronaldo won't make numerous runs behind defence or run the channels which is what they needed because they were too predictable.
Agree, I think Chelsea's attacking games are too predictable and a lot of times are one-dimensional.

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Poch will definitely be mentioned as a possible replacement. Potter will have different levels of expectations and egos to cater to if he's appointed. Can he cope? Rogers will also be out of work soon.
Chelsea is in the stage of negotiations with Potter. They want him as fast as they can.

izec

Possible that RBL started down that route without knowing that Tuchel was imminently available, though. I don't think he'll be out of work for long.
If i was Tuchel, i would wait. From Chelsea to RB Leipzig is a decent downgrade..

I think Rose was the candidate for weeks, simply becuse they have Max Eberl as sporting director as from December 2022, they both were at Gladbach together for a while. So i think Eberl would want to team up again with Rose at Leipzig.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I will wait to hear what actually happened. Tuchel is known to blow up with his owners when he is questioned about something. Sooner or later we will hear how it all happened.

I really like Tuchel, but we had a terrible attack and the football became painful to watch.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Feel like the way these Chelsea players have played the last couple of games resembles our team pre-ETH. Very static, demotivated, lack of intensity or energy. The only guys that came to play football yesterday were Kovacic and Chilwell. Their attack though did nothing but stand still the entire game. Dinamo were having a field day out there on defense. Is Tuchel to blame for that? I don't know. Feel like this is a very rash decision from the club. You would think a coach that brought you a UCL would get a little more credit to turn it around.

I'm sure Potter could do well if they signed him, but it's a big gamble. Chelsea too are a manager graveyard and Boehly already seems like he has zero patience.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Understand why tuchel got sacked. With all the signings he’s made and there still playing crap. Surely they’ll target a manager that prefers 3 at the back since they’ve spent money on a few decent CBs. If they get a manager that wants to change formation then it becomes more difficult as the squad will have to adapt a new style again.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I will wait to hear what actually happened. Tuchel is known to blow up with his owners when he is questioned about something. Sooner or later we will hear how it all happened.

I really like Tuchel, but we had a terrible attack and the football became painful to watch.
A decent manager gets that attack functioning. You’ve just bought Sterling and aubameyang .

Lecland07

To be fair, they have looked pretty bad this season. I thought they were quite underwhelming last season, also, but I guess that does slightly come from them winning the CL in his first season.

crossy1686

career ending

To be fair, with the exception of the CL win, which has a bit of a Di Matteo vibe about it, Tuchel has largely under performed with the resources he has available to him.

FaceTheMusic

It would be hilarious if Rodgers in contention, I do think they'll end up with Potter though. I wonder how he'll manage the ego's? Only time will tell I guess

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Not surprised, actually think I called it in one of the prediction threads

He's clearly a very good coach but also clearly a gobby bastard so once results fluctuate even a little they'll be people at the club out to get him

He very much wants to be top dog wherever he is but most top clubs now are nothing more than the playthings of billionaires who won't take attitude from the likes of him.
Seems like the opposite to me. Mostly rumours, but it looks like Boehly & co wanted Tuchel to be much more involved, while he just wanted to focus on coaching like he did in the Abramovich days. They sacked lots of key people with management tasks early on & expected Tuchel to compensate and work it out together with them, which he didn't like at all.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
So ridiculous. Can only assume there’s been something brewing all summer given Tuchel has looked miserable and been giving strange interviews.

The weird thing is they’ve literally just bought all his players in! What a mess.
Madness pal

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Will remember him very, very fondly.

DonBecks

I think there's two talking points here.

I think it's an extremely questionable decision at board level given their inexperience of directing a football club. They haven't given Tuchel enough rope to hang himself where by the support from the fan base supplements their decision. If the next appointment goes wrong they have got off on the back foot by sacking a manager the majority of their fan base didn't want to be sacked.

I also think Tuchel has been overrated. You'll hear the likes of Carragher talk about the best managers in the world being in the Premier League and lump Tuchel's name in with Klopp and Guardiola when in reality there are obvious levels. Tuchel has never demonstrated that he can lead this team to any serious sustained success. Yes, he won the Champions League and I'm loathe to suggest it doesn't mean anything as it's a cup competition but it is just that, a knockout cup competition. The league has to be where it's demonstrated that progress is being made and he just hasn't demonstrated that. He also seems to have lost his head a bit in the past 6 months.

People will read this and say the two points may be a bit contradictory, are the owners right or are they wrong, make up your mind, I understand that. I just feel the board could be putting themselves in a situation they didn't need to, this quick into a tenure whilst at the same time I also believe that Tuchel isn't all he's cracked up to be.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
To be fair, they have looked pretty bad this season. I thought they were quite underwhelming last season, also, but I guess that does slightly come from them winning the CL in his first season.
Almost completely agree with this, almost. We were undoubtedly the best team in the league before Xmas last season. I don’t want to hear or read anyone arguing differently because it would simply be an injustice to how good we actually were.

He got sacked for the following 7 months worth of games. The performances were atrocious. I gave him the benefit of the doubt with everything going on at the club. I gave him and the players the summer to rest and come back ready. We are not ready.

Our pre season preparation was dreadful, we started far too late and are not fit enough. The players (Ziyech, Pulisic in particular) are not playing for the manager. He hasn’t tried to adjust his personnel or tactics despite repeated looking flat.

This is not a knee jerk firing. It came early this season but Todd has probably been assessing the coach in the time he has bought the club and looked at previous form. This is a performance based firing that is deserved. This is coming from a guy that actually liked Tuchel as our coach.

TheReligion

Abusive
Almost completely agree with this, almost. We were undoubtedly the best team in the league before Xmas last season. I don’t want to hear or read anyone arguing differently because it would simply be an injustice to how good we actually were.

He got sacked for the following 7 months worth of games. The performances were atrocious. I gave him the benefit of the doubt with everything going on at the club. I gave him and the players the summer to rest and come back ready. We are not ready.

Our pre season preparation was dreadful, we started far too late and are not fit enough. The players (Ziyech, Pulisic in particular) are not playing for the manager. He hasn’t tried to adjust his personnel or tactics despite repeated looking flat.

This is not a knee jerk firing. It came early this season but Todd has probably been assessing the coach in the time he has bought the club and looked at previous form. This is a performance based firing that is deserved. This is coming from a guy that actually liked Tuchel as our coach.
Of course it’s knee jerk!

You’ve just spent the summer getting him his players and even picked up Aubamayang on deadline day due to their link.

Zero strategy and planning from Chelsea since Boehly took over. Still no DoF, all over the place in the market and now this.

Hes fell out with Marina, Cech and Tuchel since he’s arrived. All have now left the club.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
The board knew they wanted to replace him, there was a toxic atmosphere in preseason where he was moaning about recruitment, they thought they would give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a few league games, but its been woeful for them. They pulled the trigger now rather than letting it deteriorate further.

Mike Smalling

The truly sad thing about this is that we won't get to see "Conte vs. Tuchel Round 2: Handshake Boogaloo".

cyberman

In general, don't think either of them is the answer, but I would be deeply worried if the new owner is insisting on bringing a 37-year old striker who looks more as a vanity project then anything else. From our perspective, wouldn't mind them bidding in January depending on how Ronaldo performs until then.
I’d argue Ronaldo is more mobile that Auba as well. He was all over the front line during the run in last season

TheReligion

Abusive
The board knew they wanted to replace him, there was a toxic atmosphere in preseason where he was moaning about recruitment, they thought they would give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a few league games, but its been woeful for them. They pulled the trigger now rather than letting it deteriorate further.
They should have been more proactive in that case surely.

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Right now, Chelsea should hire dof( director of football) as fast as they can. So, the strategies will be plan in better
direction.

Edit: feck of my ipad( it changed from dof to dog).

Last edited: