Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

RooneyLegend

Poor man's Potter as I said, Chelsea rarely look like scoring in that type of game.

U99ted

Back-to-back defeats, and worryingly for him, the previous 3 Chelsea managers to win a European trophy failed to see out the following season. Only a matter of time before Roman pulls the trigger.

Mike Smalling

It's fun to joke about it, and maybe he will eventually get the sack, but most United fans would kill to have a manager like Tuchel at the moment.

Remember the geese

I think he is overrated. A good manager, no doubt. Maybe even very good. However, the general consensus I get from the media/football fans is that he is in the same bracket as Pep and Klopp. I may well be wrong, but I just don't view him in that class.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It's fun to joke about it, and maybe he will eventually get the sack, but most United fans would kill to have a manager like Tuchel at the moment.
It gives hope that there could be a very good manager on the market soon.

Ueanuwug

I think he is overrated. A good manager, no doubt. Maybe even very good. However, the general consensus I get from the media/football fans is that he is in the same bracket as Pep and Klopp. I may well be wrong, but I just don't view him in that class.
Tactically he is definitely up there with the best, but he seems to be a complicated personality.
Also just like Pep he has a tendency to overcomplicate his tactics

Bearded One

I know they have had an underwhelming last couple of games but Tuchel knows his onions and they’ll be back competing for the league in no time. This thread is laughable by the way.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I know they have had an underwhelming last couple of games but Tuchel knows his onions and they’ll be back competing for the league in no time. This thread is laughable by the way.
You never know though.
If Tuchel really finds the manner of the defeat against Juve strange, then that would be worrying.
He chose the wrong starting 11 against City and Juve, albeit you can always lose 1:0 to teams like them. No shame in that.

FatTails

Replace Phelan, Mckenna, or Carrick with Tuchel if he gets the sack. With Ole’s good vibes and Tuchel’s tactics and coaching, we’ll be unstoppablemaybe

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Think Juve just showed a template how to defeat them. When you have a 3 man defence you don't have lot of numbers in the box, means one of defenders has to come forward with the ball which will completely ruin their shape while defending.

Hope Rashford is back before we play them. It would be their attack vs our defence. I can see Ole matching their formation and leave Ronaldo and Rashford upfront.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Meaning you wouldn't swap Ole for Tuchel, or that you just don't think Tuchel is a good long-term solution?
I think Tuchel is a better overall tactician compared to Ole, that isn’t in doubt. Having said that I don’t like his style, I think before his Chelsea spell his stock wasn’t regarded as being ‘that’ high. He’s good but not absolutely elite bracket for me, and Ole does bring many positives to this club. Klopp is the only manager in world football I would drop everything for to have at Utd. He matches the style, intensity and tactical settup this club should pursue.

Mike Smalling

I think Tuchel is a better overall tactician compared to Ole, that isn’t in doubt. Having said that I don’t like his style, I think before his Chelsea spell his stock wasn’t regarded as being ‘that’ high. He’s good but not absolutely elite bracket for me, and Ole does bring many positives to this club. Klopp is the only manager in world football I would drop everything for to have at Utd. He matches the style, intensity and tactical settup this club should pursue.
Fair enough. Personally, I think he would be a massive step up from what we currently have, but I do agree he is not the be-all end-all and that he doesn't necessarily match our style very well. Just think we would benefit massively from having more tactical ability on the bench.

tomaldinho1

Lukaku will destroy his team
I feel they just play Lukaku against the fodder and then a more mobile, pressing forward against good teams. If they persist with Lukaku in big games, they do look weaker than when Havertz started to click towards end of last season for me.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I feel they just play Lukaku against the fodder and then a more mobile, pressing forward against good teams. If they persist with Lukaku in big games, they do look weaker than when Havertz started to click towards end of last season for me.
Seems Tuchel has done a similar thing Jose did in 2014 when we signed Cesc, ie done a deal with the devil and gave up the incredible big game record for some more assurance in the lesser games. Our run from now up until the United game is the type of run we signed Rom for and he needs to do the business no excuses.

While I do think your idea is sound in theory in reality it's harder to do, especially given who we are talking about, he didn't accept a horses for courses role here at 20 let alone now.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Seems Tuchel has done a similar thing Jose did in 2014 when we signed Cesc, ie done a deal with the devil and gave up the incredible big game record for some more assurance in the lesser games. Our run from now up until the United game is the type of run we signed Rom for and he needs to do the business no excuses.

While I do think your idea is sound in theory in reality it's harder to do, especially given who we are talking about, he didn't accept a horses for courses role here at 20 let alone now.
He's in game 2 of his 8 game premier league droubt. Maybe you'll be lucky and he'll get one or two goals this weekend.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse

Pressure is on.
he should spend more time on tactics and giving instructions from the side of the pitch and less time aggressively front wedgying himself from his pockets.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Playing a back 5 with a billion pound team doesn’t make him a genius even if it proves to be very effective. I wouldn’t like him here instead of Ole. I’d be looking for someone who knows how to break down the back 5s and parked busses with attractive football.

tomaldinho1

Yep, that's the hard bit, managing a player as high profile and expensive as Lukaku. I still remember him shhhhing Williams at Everton and thought he was a bit of a dick, can't imagine he'd love the idea of not playing big games.

GMoore23

This, a decent manager but the pundits really go over board on him. It's the same with Bielsa at leeds.

InfiniteBoredom

Cesc was incredible in the first half of the season that campaign, you rolled over all the big teams very early on, the situation wasn’t really similar. His disappearing act came in the 2nd half of the season against everybody.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Cesc was incredible in the first half of the season that campaign, you rolled over all the big teams very early on, the situation wasn’t really similar. His disappearing act came in the 2nd half of the season against everybody.
We beat Arsenal but because of Wenger's tactics he made it easy big team or no.

We drew at The Ethiad somewhat fortunately and had Courtois to thank for a result at OT (even if you needed a last minute goal for a point). We got rolled over at White Hart Lane and the 3-0 at Stamford Bridge was a lot closer than the scoreline suggested. Then there was ofcourse the second half of the season where we were outplayed to ten man PSG and getting battered vs City but somehow getting a draw.

The main point is in 13/14 we controlled almost every big match but 14/15 we were a lot more vulnerable in them (even if we got atleast a draw in most of the time) and in a lot of them Cesc was being exploited both in terms of being heavily presses and his non existent defending (it was why Conte decided to use him as a horses for courses player).

The Firestarter

They need to drop Lukaku in the big games as someone mentioned , however he will throw a big tantrum if that happens.

FatTails

Playing a back 5 with a billion pound team doesn’t make him a genius even if it proves to be very effective. I wouldn’t like him here instead of Ole. I’d be looking for someone who knows how to break down the back 5s and parked busses with attractive football.
The myth that a back 5 is automatically more defensive than a back 4 needs to die. It’s such a simplistic way of looking at things.

peridigm

he should spend more time on tactics and giving instructions from the side of the pitch and less time aggressively front wedgying himself from his pockets.
That's why they call it a touchline.

Classical Mechanic

It's too early to tell if there's something wrong. Some have mentioned that Lukaku could be hindering their system with his lack of movement compared to Timo the Tiger. It will be interesting to see if these issues persist.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
You can play with a back 5 and still play good football, Im not sure why you think you cant?. We won the league under Conte playing a back 5 and played some great football. Brighton play a back 5 and most people enjoy watching they play too.
No manager is a genius, Every manager has flaws.

Cloud7

It's too early to tell if there's something wrong. Some have mentioned that Lukaku could be hindering their system with his lack of movement compared to Timo the Tiger. It will be interesting to see if these issues persist.
Of course he’s going to hinder their system. There was a really poor assumption made with the signing of Lukaku. Chelsea created a lot of chances last season, many of which were squandered, however those chances were made because the front 3 players were all very good on the ball, very creative and had excellent movement.

Somehow the mainstream idea was that the addition of Lukaku was going to turn all those squandered chances into goals, but that ignores the fact that the team’s creativity will be less with Lukaku up there.