Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Those times are long gone. He used to manage Mbappe, Neymar, Veratti - it won’t be easy for him now
4 years is long gone? And it's not like he hasn't brought young talent through at PSG - Kimpembe, Bakker, Diallo, Kehrer, and Kean all did well under him.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
At Mainz and Dortmund? Really?

I don't follow german footy too much but I don't think that really fits his time at those clubs.
Your team fits Tuchel much better than PSG. When he signed for Paris I thought he might primarily do it because he wanted to get rid of the reputation that he can't win league titles and polish his CV a bit. Gather a few trophies and thus have a stronger position at his next job at a top club.

Dr. StrangeHate

I loved what he did at Dortmund. Interesting to see what he does here. Surely will be better than Lampard.

pablo__p

Stating the obvious but it seems inevitable that he falls out with the leadership rather sooner than later.

Brophs

The One and Only
Decent odds that Lampard shakes his hand much too firmly and gives him an intense stare when they first meet as managers.

Redfrog

New manager in the league is coming to learn to new players in the league how to play in english League. What can go wrong ?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He won't last. I cannot fathom apart from money, why any self respecting manager would even bother taking the Chelsea gig. No matter what, they will be sacked eventually.
Because there's no risk of career damage no matter how bad they do, little risk and potentially big reward.

Case in point, you lot taking Mou after he had us fighting relegation!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Because there's no risk of career damage no matter how bad they do, little risk and potentially big reward.

Case in point, you lot taking Mou after he had us fighting relegation!
Not only that but the chance of winning trophies before it goes sour will always be there. Conte was a title winner. Sarri won the first trophy of his career. Lampard had the chance win the FA Cup as a manager. Tuchel will get chances too.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Not only that but the chance of winning trophies before it goes sour will always be there. Conte was a title winner. Sarri won the first trophy of his career. Lampard had the chance win the FA Cup as a manager. Tuchel will get chances too.
And to add further, if one can somehow break the short term curse then there's actually not many better resourced clubs for a manager.

They will have an owner that backs them plus an all conquering academy.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
And to add further, if one can somehow break the short term curse then there's actually not many better resourced clubs for a manager.

They will have an owner that backs them plus an all conquering academy.
I won't hold my breath on that happening :lol: but you're right the potential is always there but the pitfall is always that inevitable bad period/losing streak, they're unavoidable and Chelsea have shown we don't react well to that kind of adversity.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I won't hold my breath on that happening :lol: but you're right the potential is always there but the pitfall is always that inevitable bad period/losing streak, they're unavoidable and Chelsea have shown we don't react well to that kind of adversity.
Tbf Lampard escaped a 4 wins in 14 run last season while Sarri had three hopeless months where he broke our record for heaviest defeat of 21st century not once but twice but got offered a second season which he said no to.

I don't think Tuchel will be the one (so to speak) as eventually his personality will likely come home to roost (hopefully after a title) but if for argument sake he gets us back in the top 4 race this term and next has a Liverpool 17/18 lite season i'm certain he would get a 3rd (2nd full) season, that season we're then in or around the title race all of a sudden we have a manager on a 4th season (3rd full).

Whether it happens one day who knows but i don't think it's impossible as made out and tbh until then i'm absolutely fine with Roman's methods, would rather that than flog a dead horse for stability sake (which would ironically make us even less likely to find a medium/long term guy as if he did come along we'd miss out on him ala Arsenal/Klopp while trying to make it work with Wenger).

Jericho

What are his credentials really? He dominated a one horse race for a couple of years, this has Unai Emery written all over it.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
What are his credentials really? He dominated a one horse race for a couple of years, this has Unai Emery written all over it.
He's the all time points per game leader at Mainz, Dortmund, and PSG? Feel free to contest the fit but in terms of his credentials there are few others available who are on his level.

el3mel

I will be massively, I mean massively surprised if he achieves success with them.

I will give him one and half year before being sacked.

Red Stone

Looks super ropey. There's something extremely off about him. Bet he gets into some proper dodgy stuff in his spare time.

Anyway, gone in a year and a half, maximum.

Needham

Looks super ropey. There's something extremely off about him. Bet he gets into some proper dodgy stuff in his spare time.
Looks like he does the Joachim Low bum sniffing thing but so low key that no one's ever caught him.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I actually think he'll do well with Chelsea unfortunately.
Yep I personally think he will achieve something with this squad. Tuchel seems quite a bit underrated here, his Dortmund side was partially even better than Klopp‘s.
An while some say he just won a one team league I was surprised that he managed to reach the CL final and nearly won it. This PSG side has a lot of average players.

In the end he lost both jobs because of personal conflicts, not sporting reasons.

That picture is class though and he can look like a total prat.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I don’t think he’s a bad coach but the more I reflect on it I just don’t think Chelsea will be much threat with him. I can see him really having some growing pains into this league and encountering afew of the same issues Lampard had trying to maintain such a big squad of similar level players.

Also is this the first time in over a decade that Chelsea don’t have a single world class player in their squad? I was looking at the potential line ups and they don’t look that special to me.

OldTrevil

Thread's off to a good start I see.

Also have a bad feeling he will do well, hopefully not before we give them another spanking at the bridge