Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

Wilt

Young talented (expensive) squad, attacking manager, massive upgrade on Lampard.

Interested to see what happens, but I’ve a feeling this thread could bite us in the arse.

Trex

I look at the side he is taking charge of no doubt they've got quality, but they lack those players that can be the pillar to carry the rest of the team,Klopp has Mane,Salah,Van dijk. Pep won with Silva,De bruyne,Fernandinho,Aguero,Even Ole has got Fernandes,De gea,Cavani,Pogba(at his best) no Chelsea player is at this level except Thiago Silva(kante is past it),I don't see him getting to much to spend due to the amount they've spent last summer and this kind of quality is hard to come by,unless he is able to improve the new signings to this level, I don't see him achieving anything major at Chelsea

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I look at the side he is taking charge of no doubt they've got quality, but they lack those players that can be the pillar to carry the rest of the team,Klopp has Mane,Salah,Van dijk. Pep won with Silva,De bruyne,Fernandinho,Aguero,Even Ole has got Fernandes,De gea,Cavani,Pogba(at his best) no Chelsea player is at this level except Thiago Silva(kante is past it),I don't see him getting to much to spend due to the amount they've spent last summer and this kind of quality is hard to come by,unless he is able to improve the new signings to this level, I don't see him achieving anything major at Chelsea
But haven't those Liverpool players you mentioned got to that level through quality coaching? If someone said when they signed they would reach the heights they've got too under Klopp the person who made the statement would have been sectioned!

Trex

But haven't those Liverpool players you mentioned got to that level through quality coaching? If someone said when they signed they would reach the heights they've got too under Klopp the person who made the statement would have been sectioned!
Yea my point exactly, that would be what makes or breaks his tenure as a Chelsea manager turning the likes or Werner,Pulisic,Havertz into genuine world beaters,or he'll probably be gone by Jan 2022,not every manager is Kloop

RashyForPM

The Chelsea dressing room is why we start Chelsea manager sack watch threads right after their appointment. Aside from the clear rats like Alonso, Jorginho and Rudiger, you have the worst PL keeper of all-time in Kepa believing that Lampard never gave him confidence or clear tactical instructions. When poor players like these have that much power in the dressing room, with has been the case at Chelsea for years, what hope does a manager have?

Thank God our fans and board have seen two dynasties here, or we may well have become like them with that sacking culture.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yea my point exactly, that would be what makes or breaks his tenure as a Chelsea manager turning the likes or Werner,Pulisic,Havertz into genuine world beaters,or he'll probably be gone by Jan 2022,not every manager is Kloop
Tbh that's exactly why i have been vocal about (with a heavy heart) wanting a change this last month or two because i genuinely feel our current pool of player's can be formed into a pretty good outfit with a proper structure and tactican. For example the Ajax side that shook the CL in 18/19, there's no way our squad aren't capable of that type of level at the very least.

Trex

Tbh that's exactly why i have been vocal about (with a heavy heart) wanting a change this last month or two because i genuinely feel our current pool of player's can be formed into a pretty good outfit with a proper structure and tactican. For example the Ajax side that shook the CL in 18/19, there's no way our squad aren't capable of that type of level at the very least.
Maybe,that Ajax team had a cultured way of playing football that ran throughout the club from board level to the first team to the youth team,Chelsea are totally different,never patient with the manager and never been a club that sticks to a philosophy of play, fingers crossed let's wait and find out how far Tuchel can take this Chelsea side

Dr. StrangeHate

We will have Biesla, Pep and now Tuchel coached teams to watch in the Premier League. Only Nagelsmann and may be Rose left of the coaches with an exciting play style.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I've got a feeling he'll do well and that Havertz will still not make much of an impact IMO. Ziyech is quality and he'll get a good level out of him, and they have plenty of good pieces and depth around the squad. Just not havertz. Guy is so mediocre and just doesn't have that much to his game IMO.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He hasn't been confirmed by Chelsea yet right? With a match tomorrow, you'd think they would have it done and dusted by now.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
His English is pretty much perfect, that's good!

What Tuchel said about telling players what to do rather than just telling them to go out and play freely, wasn't that a complaint by Chelsea players that Lampard didn't give specific enough instructions to his players?

It's strange how we're seeing this tactical style so much, where everything has to be precise and planned out, Bayern complained about Kovac and Anchelotti not doing that, when compared to Flick and Pep respectively.

Some older players talk more about giving freedom to players on the pitch, especially the creative ones, rather than restricting them tactically. Seems that style is increasingly going out of the picture.

Alemar

His English is pretty much perfect, that's good!

This is, unfortunately, a very good interview, Tuchel doesn’t sound like a prick, neither does he sound an incompetent manager...

I mean, it’s good for Chelsea, but perhaps not good for others

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
What Tuchel said about telling players what to do rather than just telling them to go out and play freely, wasn't that a complaint by Chelsea players that Lampard didn't give specific enough instructions to his players?

It's strange how we're seeing this tactical style so much, where everything has to be precise and planned out, Bayern complained about Kovac and Anchelotti not doing that, when compared to Flick and Pep respectively.

Some older players talk more about giving freedom to players on the pitch, especially the creative ones, rather than restricting them tactically. Seems that style is increasingly going out of the picture.
I remember Henry said that at Barcelona Pep orchestrated the patterns of play in the teams own third and middle third but once in the final third it was upto them.

Would be curious to know if he's evolved that principle since, was it the same at Bayern?

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
At Mainz and Dortmund? Really?

I don't follow german footy too much but I don't think that really fits his time at those clubs.
Either way, when you consider he did indeed do half decent in Paris it shows his experience. Lampard has a brilliant playing career but he is lacking the experience of managing yet. A decent year with Derby and very little otherwise..

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I've read that Kepa was unhappy at the lack of instructions from Lampard, which I doubt to be true but if it is, is hilarious. If he'd said "Kepa mate, try and save a few today would you?" he might not be the worst goalie in the history of the league.

Alemar

I've read that Kepa was unhappy at the lack of instructions from Lampard
It should have been something like: “Kepa, if you see a ball flying towards the goal, you have to make a jump and try to stop the ball with your hand”?

SATA

I've read that Kepa was unhappy at the lack of instructions from Lampard, which I doubt to be true but if it is, is hilarious. If he'd said "Kepa mate, try and save a few today would you?" he might not be the worst goalie in the history of the league.
Surely a windup? He doesn't play and he is a goalkeeper anyway so why would he need any instructions?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, it seems bonkers so I don't really believe it but some reports have said that was the case.
Its bs obviously. Teams have dedicated analysis team, it would be weird and unrealistic that players didnt get any tactical instructions. No manager is going to say "just go out and play". It's just journalists making up nonsense which is always the case when manager gets sacked

el3mel

Wait, 1.5 years contract only ? I know PSG like this formula but I don't remember English big teams doing such short contracts for managers.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Wait, 1.5 years contract only ? I know PSG like this formula but I don't remember English big teams doing such short contracts for managers.
Chelsea normally give a 3 year deal (that's what Sarri and Frank got) but 1.5 for us is more sensible!

We've spent more on sacking managers (and paying their contract out) than most clubs have on transfers in the Roman era.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea normally give a 3 year deal (that's what Sarri and Frank got) but 1.5 for us is more sensible!

We've spent more on sacking managers (and paying their contract out) than most clubs have on transfers in the Roman era.
Both parties have a reputation, so it seems like both parties know what they're walking into from the beginning.

tjb

Apparently he's the next Pep again. This is the most obvious managerial failure coming, really no different to Sarri. A manager who hasn't achieved much, with a massive love affair with their "tactical philosophy" coming to a team that doesn't give managers time to perfect the system, with the addition of being very confrontational, in a club willing to sack their most celebrated manager over that same issue.

Should have waited to go to Arsenal. They'd lap up philosophy and style of play despite consistent failures. They've grown to love pretty punishment.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He's lucky he isn't Watford manager, would have been sacked at full time tonight if he was.