Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If they got their attack sorted they'd be up right there with City and Liverpool but their wingers are too inconsistent and their striker is Lukaku :houllier: Midfield and defence are very good.
So just an attack to get right, is that all :)

Silva near to retirement, Rudiger off, Chalobah not that great. Ownership issues in the background. Not everything is rosy.

TheRedHearted

Silva near to retirement, Rudiger off, Chalobah not that great. Ownership issues in the background. Not everything is rosy.
Reminds me of Madrid fans.
Look at their team, the age of the core and

Reminds me of Madrid fans
People know they are a very strong team rn but Modric at 36, Kroos at 32, casemiro at 30, carvajal 30, nacho at 32, Alaba at 29, benzema at 34, that’s a old ass team man. Those are all starters from the second champions league leg too.

Thing is I’m not saying Madrid hasn’t already started nor will it take as long as us, I mean we all know that it won’t take that long but a rebuild is necessary. Mbappe, camavinga, vini, Rodrygo yeah it’s a start but they’ve got a lot more to bring in

Irwin99

Yeah i forgot they had a few players leaving :D . But I still think they've generally had a pretty good balance under Tuchel whenever I've seen them and they create chances.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea

Sure we have issues but we could be worse, we could be in Utds shoes instead. That being said I fully expect us to move forward next season. Rest, relaxation, rejuvenation. No more unsolicited abuse about our owner. Definitely will be back stronger.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sure we have issues but we could be worse, we could be in Utds shoes instead. That being said I fully expect us to move forward next season. Rest, relaxation, rejuvenation. No more unsolicited abuse about our owner. Definitely will be back stronger.
In fairness both teams won the same this year.

Well I'll be honest I can barely remember if your euro win was last year or the year before and thus whether you had those glorified friendlies they call cups..
But from the main 4..same lack of trophies:wenger:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Decent season i guess, shame he couldn't work on their weaknesses in penalties but it's just a ton of luck at that point.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Decent season i guess, shame he couldn't work on their weaknesses in penalties but it's just a ton of luck at that point.
It's been a good season. Tuchel has won us a CL. Got us to 3 domestic cup finals, two lost on penalties after being the better side for most of both games vs a team that is quite clearly better than us. He’s coaching the team extremely well, even if he makes some odd decisions sometimes.

You day weaknesses in penalties but we went to 22 penalties in the last final. Went all the way down to the keepers. Our keeper missed, theirs scored. That's just crap luck in all honesty.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It's been a good season. Tuchel has won us a CL. Got us to 3 domestic cup finals, two lost on penalties after being the better side for most of both games vs a team that is quite clearly better than us. He’s coaching the team extremely well, even if he makes some odd decisions sometimes.

You day weaknesses in penalties but we went to 22 penalties in the last final. Went all the way down to the keepers. Our keeper missed, theirs scored. That's just crap luck in all honesty.
Yeah, he's a great coach, needs backing in the summer I reckon.

The penalty part was just unfortunate, we United fans have endured it as well but surely there must be a way to improve it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, he's a great coach, needs backing in the summer I reckon.

The penalty part was just unfortunate, we United fans have endured it as well but surely there must be a way to improve it.
It's obviously gutting to end the season in this way but it's been a good season overall. Two domestic finals and decent attempt in Europe.

I'm more than happy with the job Tuchel is doing.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Spent around 300 million signing Lukaku, Havertz, Werner, Ziyech, Pulisic and they all are decent - good players. Havertz is young so he has chance to play important role.

They get midfield and defense signing spot on but their attacking signing is poor. Last signing who was a success without any question was maybe Costa, maybe Pedro too.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Chelsea do need a better recruitment wich is more in sinc with the coach. Tuchel is an excellent coach and showed that he can adapt to the situation but it still feels like an outside appointment there... To build something at Chelsea he needs to mould the team in his image just like Pep and Klopp did. So he needs backing and of course time.

frostbite

Reminds me of Madrid fans.
Look at their team, the age of the core and

Reminds me of Madrid fans
People know they are a very strong team rn but Modric at 36, Kroos at 32, casemiro at 30, carvajal 30, nacho at 32, Alaba at 29, benzema at 34, that’s a old ass team man. Those are all starters from the second champions league leg too.

Thing is I’m not saying Madrid hasn’t already started nor will it take as long as us, I mean we all know that it won’t take that long but a rebuild is necessary. Mbappe, camavinga, vini, Rodrygo yeah it’s a start but they’ve got a lot more to bring in
29 or 30 is not old. And Benzema is actually getting better.

So, next year they actually have to "replace" Kroos and Modric only. And as you said, they already have 3 young prospects that look very good, plus Mbappe. Sure, it would be good for them to get 1 or 2 more players, but they are far from desperate.

Unfortunately, they can't actually be compared to us at all. "Take as long as us"? They won their league and they are at the CL final. That was 10 years ago for us!

Vapor trail

Even when Chelsea won the UCL I felt there were multiple positions in the squad that would require better alternatives which is a good sign. Chelsea's success next season will largely depend on the club's hierarchical situation. But there's no reasonable doubt that Tuchel is in the region of one of the best managers in world football.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Massive pussy today. Liverpool were there for the taking in ET and he brings on a defender and RLC.
Didn’t he then sub RLC off later in extra time? That was an odd one. Never good if you’re the sub being subbed off.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Didn’t he then sub RLC off later in extra time? That was an odd one. Never good if you’re the sub being subbed off.
Normally it's seen as a bit of an insult to the player getting taken off but when making subs specifically for penalty shootouts anything goes. I think players understand that these days. He wanted to get Barkley on to take one.

In a way it's actually sending the message that he didn't trust Barkley to play 15 minutes.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't get the criticism. His team were knackered. He had to make changes. Their squad is nothing special.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Can't see any new owners sacking him. They must know (even our clowns know) that right now City and Liverpool are streaks ahead of the rest in terms of the PL. And he's pretty popular with the fans. Ask again in 12-18 months time. And, as we've found out, who would they replace him with?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Normally it's seen as a bit of an insult to the player getting taken off but when making subs specifically for penalty shootouts anything goes. I think players understand that these days. He wanted to get Barkley on to take one.

In a way it's actually sending the message that he didn't trust Barkley to play 15 minutes.
Lukaku was already off the pitch and Havertz/Werner were unavailable. It seemed like he just needed RLC to be a presence up top for the remainder of ET. The only other players on the bench were Kepa, Saul and Barkley.

TheReligion

Abusive
Lukaku was already off the pitch and Havertz/Werner were unavailable. It seemed like he just needed RLC to be a presence up top for the remainder of ET. The only other players on the bench were Kepa, Saul and Barkley.
Tbh it’s bloody farcical that RLC was playing the CF role yesterday given the money you’ve spent on attacking players. You could have won it in extra time but instead the subs were uninspiring and limp.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Yes they can should definitely sack him and get an excellent manager who is without a club at the moment.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Players aged 29-30 aren't really old. The team that won 3 CLs had Ronaldo, Ramos, Navas, Pepe, and Modric as 30 or older players and nobody thought they were an "old ass team."

TheRedHearted

No idea what he’s doing today leaving Lukaku on for the full game, bringing on Loftus Cheek as a CF and not bothering with Werner when space opened up in extra time.

Utterly bizarre and cost his team.
Insane stuff. Lukaku was huffing and puffing at the 30 minute mark. The second i saw him make that nothing pass in the box i would have subbed him.
Pens is pure luck and Liverpool have had all of it in both finals. Feck this sport.
Yeah but Tuchel made it so easy for Liverpool. Leaving on lukaku for that long, let alone the 70th. The absurd loftus cheek move
What the heck was the Loftus Cheek thing about.

Brings him on to stroll around up front for 10mins, then subs him!
Very weird.
Hey, we can all throw shade that’s fine. But not seeing Tuchels error and also throwing shade at United yet thinking the criticism against a war criminal isn’t fine is just weird. If you can throw shade, people can criticize your previous owner
Players aged 29-30 aren't really old. The team that won 3 CLs had Ronaldo, Ramos, Navas, Pepe, and Modric as 30 or older players and nobody thought they were an "old ass team."
So you focused on nacho, alaba, carnaval, and casemiro, but over looked the actual true “stars” there. Any of those players could take a sharp decline, even the 30 year olds or soon to be 31 year olds. Let’s say even they have another solid year 32 is a common age for players to decline. Yeah there are the exceptions to the rule with the Ronaldo’s, Ramos, Silva’s etc

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Insane stuff. Lukaku was huffing and puffing at the 30 minute mark. The second i saw him make that nothing pass in the box i would have subbed him.

Yeah but Tuchel made it so easy for Liverpool. Leaving on lukaku for that long, let alone the 70th. The absurd loftus cheek move
The options were to leave Lukaku on or replace him with RLC, Barkley or Malang Sarr.

He replaced him with RLC and then replaced RLC with Barkley because he is much better at pens but shit at football.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
What the heck was the Loftus Cheek thing about.

Brings him on to stroll around up front for 10mins, then subs him!
The absurd loftus cheek move
Werner was on the bench but had injured himself in the warmup. Tuchel had no alternatives at all with Havertz out as well.

RLC was brought on because he's been somewhat reasonable as an attacker this season on occasion and Pulisic was beyond exhausted - him being yanked for Barkley was because RLC is a poor penalty taker. If anything it's an indictment on Barkley that he couldn't be trusted to play even 15 minutes.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The options were to leave Lukaku on or replace him with RLC, Barkley or Malang Sarr.

He replaced him with RLC and then replaced RLC with Barkley because he is much better at pens but shit at football.
Out of these Malang Sarr was the better striker.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
TT must be given a long term contract for what he did this season alone. With injuries to our players and COVID i don't know what could have done better other than two penalty shoot out losses, he did reasonably well. Especially he didn't give up on us when Ukraine war broke out.

Give him players he want we will be ok for next few seasons especially mount,havertz,pulisic,cho,James,chalobah.There is young spine and huge experience in it too. With players loaned out like Gallagher,broja,colwill,maatsen also got good experience in pl and championship too. We need two to three quality additions we we will be fine for next season. Two defenders and one midfielder.We have enough money for that.

If Lukaku,pulisic and Werner goes then we need to reinvest that money in one striker and one winger who should be able to play the way tuchel wants. We are good overall this season and optimistic about next season.

TheRedHearted

Werner was on the bench but had injured himself in the warmup. Tuchel had no alternatives at all with Havertz out as well.

RLC was brought on because he's been somewhat reasonable as an attacker this season on occasion and Pulisic was beyond exhausted - him being yanked for Barkley was because RLC is a poor penalty taker. If anything it's an indictment on Barkley that he couldn't be trusted to play even 15 minutes.
We’ll then move a CAM into a false nine role if you only have one striker and he’s stinking up the place.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Too little too late, no?
But he had no options off the bench. Ziyech came in for Lukaku at the 85th minute with Pulisic switching to a false 9 role; at half time of extra time RLC came on because it was clear Pulisic was gassed.

We didn't have any other options on the bench - initially I was annoyed that Werner wasn't coming on but the news that he tweaked his hamstring during the warmup and wasn't really available makes a lot of sense in retrospect.

Personally I don't mind Tuchel trying to stick with actual attackers for as long as was feasible without compromising our structure off the ball. Given his options I think he did about as well as you could possibly ask for.

TheRedHearted

But he had no options off the bench. Ziyech came in for Lukaku at the 85th minute with Pulisic switching to a false 9 role; at half time of extra time RLC came on because it was clear Pulisic was gassed.

We didn't have any other options on the bench - initially I was annoyed that Werner wasn't coming on but the news that he tweaked his hamstring during the warmup and wasn't really available makes a lot of sense in retrospect.

Personally I don't mind Tuchel trying to stick with actual attackers for as long as was feasible without compromising our structure off the ball. Given his options I think he did about as well as you could possibly ask for.
So my last comment was too little too late, and then you say no he had no options cause Lukaku was off at the 85th. Operative word there being 85th. Put Ziyech in centrally sooner and put a wide player. I understood he had a lot of injuries from what I’ve heard but taking lukaku off on the 85th is crazy.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
So my last comment was too little too late, and then you say no he had no options cause Lukaku was off at the 85th. Operative word there being 85th. Put Ziyech in centrally sooner and put a wide player. I understood he had a lot of injuries from what I’ve heard but taking lukaku off on the 85th is crazy.
Ziyech can't play centrally. His only good moments for Chelsea have come as a right winger - and we had no other attackers to even bring on. A gassed Lukaku is still a better option at striker than a gassed Pulisic.