Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

AgentSmith

Was waiting for this. They've been banging the 'unbeaten in 8 games' bollocks. The reality is they haven't won a lot since he took over and they don't look that much better.
Well he’s been in charge of 15 games since he took over and they’ve won 10, drawn 4, and lost once.

We’ve won 7, drawn 7, and lost twice in the same time frame as a comparison.

They were absolute shite today though. Made WBA look like prime Barcelona.

cyberman

Yeah I'm not trying to overreact to the game. These sorts of bonkers games can happen sometimes but teams go down to 10 men all the time. Not saying we should have continued to cruise to the win but I don't think expecting the team not to collapse like that at home against the team sitting 19th is asking too much.
Its not just that but you played a back 5 with 2 sitters v WB at home. Thats weirdly conservative and it made the game a shit spectacle before the red.

cyberman

Nonsense, it's very hard to maintain structure when you're a man down.
West Brom went down to 10 v Burnley and outplayed them just as badly as they did to Chelaea today. Its not an excuse.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Its not just that but you played a back 5 with 2 sitters v WB at home. Thats weirdly conservative and it made the game a shit spectacle before the red.
While I don't disagree he overdid it bringing on a CB for Ziyech while one up I never got this "it's a back five" narrative. It wasn't the case under Conte or now Tuchel.

We literally have our wingbacks pushing high (Marcos especially is almost a SS at times) and we encourage our CB's to make runs forward when the opportunity arises.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They've created an opening now for Sprus!

mu4c_20le

That's why you conceded more and scored less.

Both were crazy results.
Getting torn apart by Son and Kane is a bit different than Pereira and Callum Robinson, but other than that, yeah we are the same:wenger:

cyberman

While I don't disagree he overdid it bringing on a CB for Ziyech while one up I never got this "it's a back five" narrative. It wasn't the case under Conte or now Tuchel.

We literally have our wingbacks pushing high (Marcos especially is almost a SS at times) and we encourage our CB's to make runs forward when the opportunity arises.
But Utd push their FBs high and nobdy says we play with a back 2?
Either way, 3 cbs is too much. I think Tuchel realises he cant get his side to score a lot of goals just yet so is overly cautious.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I don't have a particular problem with the Kovacic/Jorginho pivot tbf

Fridge chutney

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And I thought our draw with West Brom was mortifying.

What happened? Genuinely hard to believe.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
We won the league playing like that under Conte and i didn't see many complain.

Djemba-Djemba

Agreed, totally irrelevant to this result, but people can't wait to have a go at United. Particularly United supporters.

What a sad state of affairs.
Funny seeing some Utd fans playing down this result and performance when you know if we had just lost 5-2 at home to fecking West Brom they'd be screaming and shouting for Ole to go.

cyberman

It's an anomaly. Plus Burnley are shit attackers.

Against a team that knows what they are doing, odds are you're screwed if you go a man down.
West Brom are shit attackers as well? Hell Chelsea have better attackers than Burnley. It was just a shitshow

always_hoping

New manager bounce, honeymoon period over for Tuchel with a bang.

How he and his side react to this trimming will be telling. TBH results like that make me less confident they can take Liverpool out of the Champions league shall they meet in the semi finals.

Robbie Boy

One game doesn't change that but people really need to careful what they wish for. There was a section of this place that wanted him badly because he would stand on the touch line and wave his arms around, which gave the impression he 'looked like he knew what he was doing'...
I didn't want him personally but what a load of nonsense.

Robbie Boy

Funny seeing some Utd fans playing down this result and performance when you know if we had just lost 5-2 at home to fecking West Brom they'd be screaming and shouting for Ole to go.
Yup, losing 5-2 at home to a Fat Sam side is peak hilarity.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
This! We will give Chelsea manager the benefit of the doubt but never our own.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'd argue the main reason people get so worked up about opposition players/managers/teams is because there is a section of United fans on this forum who used, for example, Lampard's good moments as a stick to beat Ole with, similar thing with Tuchel.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
New manager bounce, honeymoon period over for Tuchel with a bang.

How he and his side react to this trimming will be telling. TBH results like that make me less confident they can take Liverpool out of the Champions league shall they meet in the semi finals.
Football doesn't work like that, two games are never the same.

Last time we won the CL McLeish, Dalglish and Pardew all won at The Bridge.

Robbie Boy

I wish it was but there were posters stating that he looks good because he shouts from the touch line whereas Solskjaer doesn’t.
Did they actually say that?

I never thought he was overly fancied on here. Certainly not never the levels of the Klopp love-in pre-Liverpool.

crossy1686

career ending
Did they actually say that?

I never thought he was overly fancied on here. Certainly not never the levels of the Klopp love-in pre-Liverpool.
It was post Mourinho, before Solskjaer, a few posters on here had him as their first pick. One poster in particular said they liked him because he was busy on the touchline and had done well in Germany.

When I asked what they meant they said it was because he was shouting and waving his arms around a lot = sign of a good coach.

A few others agreed that it showed passion and that he was unhappy with the way his plan was being executed and therefore he obviously had a plan...

Robbie Boy

It was post Mourinho, before Solskjaer, a few posters on here had him as their first pick. One poster in particular said they liked him because he was busy on the touchline and had done well in Germany.

When I asked what they meant they said it was because he was shouting and waving his arms around a lot = sign of a good coach.

A few others agreed that it showed passion and that he was unhappy with the way his plan was being executed and therefore he obviously had a plan...
Fair enough :lol: