Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Very poor performance. Didn't create one chance v a relegation candidate.

432JuanMata

Very poor performance. Didn't create one chance v a relegation candidate.
Yeah it was a poor performance but I still think he has done a good job he took over them 9th in the league and last 16 in CL and QF of FA Cup. Now he is 5th SF of CL and final of FA cup. Whether he will challenge next year is still unknown but so far he has done a good job on paper

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Yeah it was a poor performance but I still think he has done a good job he took over them 9th in the league and last 16 in CL and QF of FA Cup. Now he is 5th SF of CL and final of FA cup. Whether he will challenge next year is still unknown but so far he has done a good job on paper
4th, not 5th.

They're a very tough team to beat under him but they're insanely boring. Some of their play reminds me of us under LVG. I'm sure Chelsea fans aren't complaining though, he's steering them to top 4 and a UCL semi.

432JuanMata

4th, not 5th.
I was defending him so that even does him more credit. He has done a good job with Chelsea. They have top 4 to aim for the FA cup which there favourites and outsiders for CL that is a good outcome

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I was defending him so that even does him more credit. He has done a good job with Chelsea. They have top 4 to aim for the FA cup which there favourites and outsiders for CL that is a good outcome
You're right, he's done a very, very good job since coming in.

Tonight was shit of course but I'll give the team a pass after a great result a few days ago and a super strange day today.

432JuanMata

Tonight was shit of course but I'll give the team a pass after a great result a few days ago and a super strange day today.
First the ESL will affect the players and he is only there a wet day so the consistency isn’t there right now so poor performances are expected now and then

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Yep, could have been worse also. Probably better in the long run that Azpi got a rest but I'd have preferred Reece play there with CHO at wing back - thought Andreas looked generally uncomfortable and I'm not convinced he is a great fit as the wide RCB / RB hybrid in this system. Also would have given Gilmour a go - we suffered in midfield as I just don't think Mount is best suited to a double pivot.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
4 of those goals in one game means they’re averaging a goal a game over a dozen games. Fairly sure they’ve been no more prolific in cup matches. After spending an astronomical sum of money on attacking players. Like I said, boooooooooring.
Yeah, they are very good defensively but barely scores.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Come on guys, look at the system, like at the patterns. That's real management.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Come on guys, look at the system, like at the patterns. That's real management.
It's undoubtedly real management, but one still does not have to like the style. And Tuchel needs to sort out the attack soon - not conceding goals is obviously great, but guarantees only one point, not the three they need to progress to CL ranks. The fact that he still has trouble getting them on the scoreboard could cost them.

Mike Smalling

He is on track to finish in the top 4 and has a chance at both the FA Cup and the Champions League. Not too shabby I would say.

ivaldo

It's undoubtedly real management, but one still does not have to like the style. And Tuchel needs to sort out the attack soon - not conceding goals is obviously great, but guarantees only one point, not the three they need to progress to CL ranks. The fact that he still has trouble getting them on the scoreboard could cost them.
Invariably, clubs receive an uplift when a new manager comes in. Could you imagine if United drew 0-0 with 10 man Brighton? Serious questions would be asked about Ole's coaching, his game plan, and his reliance of individualism; all that coming off the back of the best form in the league.

Nickelodeon

Invariably, clubs receive an uplift when a new manager comes in. Could you imagine if United drew 0-0 with 10 man Brighton? Serious questions would be asked about Ole's coaching, his game plan, and his reliance of individualism; all that coming off the back of the best form in the league.
Bro they played with 10 men for like 30 seconds. There are many points against Chelsea's performance. Why are so many people picking the least relevant one?

ivaldo

Bro they played with 10 men for like 30 seconds. There are many points against Chelsea's performance. Why are so many people picking the least relevant one?
It was facetious mate, because that's exactly how it would be portrayed for the great pretender. Apologies, I thought that was obvious.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I think the reaction would depend a bit - if it happened like it did for Chelsea (creating no chances at all), people would be all over Ole, that is right (and rightfully so, a top team should not play that way, so I think it's fair to ask the same questions about Chelsea/Tuchel now).

If it would be a 0-0 where United players just wasted a lot of chances, this place would be all over the players and demand the club to buy all top strikers of the world at once to fix that problem :devil:

Pep's Suit

They seem built for KO competitions. Don't concede much and have a lot of individual quality in attack to score once, maybe twice. Wouldn't really surprise me if they somehow win CL now.

simplyared

His job's not in danger. Although we were back to Lampard standard in the Brighton game last night. Totally toothless and so boring to watch. Just shows Kovacic is a massive player for them. The bad performance last night down to team rotation and fringe players not stepping up.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
His job's not in danger. Although we were back to Lampard standard in the Brighton game last night. Totally toothless and so boring to watch. Just shows Kovacic is a massive player for them. The bad performance last night down to team rotation and fringe players not stepping up.
Also the ludicrous circumstances around the game, which has to be considered. The players are human after all.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Or how they miss Mason Mount influence further up the pitch.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think the point he's making is valid. If United drew 0-0 with Brighton at home the Caf would go berserk with Ole out and try to hang Pogba from the Stretford End.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
incorrect. in 09/10 i think we scored 103 goals in the prem season. Only City have ever bettered it
It will sound stupid but it was never that entertaining though. A great side (one of the best) but very robotic. I used to describe you as ‘the machines’, but it was very effective.