Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

Lappen

I think he is doing a great job for Chelsea. Even the way they play is looking better and better. I honestly felt like he didn't get out the best of PSG so I wasn't that "worried" about him coming in. But now I think they are going to be wary dangerous next season.
It felt like he always was in a fight with the PSG owners the last two years and he looks like a stubborn bloke. Interesting to see what happens with that when he don't gets what he wants.
He looks more comfortable today than in PSG.

cyberman

Also the ludicrous circumstances around the game, which has to be considered. The players are human after all.
But it was a continuation from what we have seen before. Youve only won 3 in the last 8 league games or something stupid like that.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
But it was a continuation from what we have seen before. Youve only won 3 in the last 8 league games or something stupid like that.
Yeah that's fair to point out, but in all competitions we've been pretty good of late. Would say from watching the game that we looked totally discombobulated and many of the players spoke about how disrupted the normal preparation was, but perhaps that's just me looking for excuses!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah that's fair to point out, but in all competitions we've been pretty good of late. Would say from watching the game that we looked totally discombobulated and many of the players spoke about how disrupted the normal preparation was, but perhaps that's just me looking for excuses!
Hangover from beating City at the weekend too isn't unusual.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Hangover from beating City at the weekend too isn't unusual.
That and playing two high-intensity cup matches since Brighton played their last one the previous Monday. Overall Tuchel has rotated the squad quite well and has spoken openly about how he manages fatigue which is great to see, but that certainly didn't help make things less disjointed.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Real top teams don't have this kind of hangover, so Chelsea at the moment is not quite that.
Sure I don't think anybody thinks Chelsea are the finished article yet.

People underestimate Brighton also, they're a great football team - they just can't score goals whether it's poor quality or bad luck. When they're at their best they can give anybody trouble.

wolvored

There is more chance of City finishing 2nd than him getting the sack at this time. I think Chelsea after a transfer window will be a very dangerous team next season, along with City and Liverpool.

simplyared

Lives to see another day
Give the man credit. He's turned that squad of players (which yes already had big potential) into a top oufit. Sounds like you reckon he's escaped the sack this time around. He's at Chelsea to stay. He's got a very good squad of players to work with and he's getting the best out of them. He's done a great job!

kopviolator

Give the man credit. He's turned that squad of players (which yes already had big potential) into a top oufit. Sounds like you reckon he's escaped the sack this time around. He's at Chelsea to stay. He's got a very good squad of players to work with and he's getting the best out of them. He's done a great job!
It was tongue in cheek. He obviously has transformed them, although I don't particularly like his brand of football.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Hoddle trying to give some credit to his boy Frank before the final whistle today. Not a chance they'd have been in this position with that novice in charge. Tuchel's done a phenomenal job.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Imagine if he loses both finals. :p
Imagine he wins both - that would mean that Tuchel/Chelsea on their own denied City two titles and would allow to discredit City's season as "they only won something because Tuchel arrived to late" :devil:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Will Tuchel ever win a final?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Loss to Arsenal. Loss in the cup final. Not a good look.
All that is left now is to lose top 4 and lose the CL-final.

Wouldn't that be an extreme turnaround from a few weeks back?

cyberman

This could easily turn into a disastrous end of season for him. Chelsea have to beat Leicester and we saw today how toothless they are when needing a goal. All through his reign really

Classical Mechanic

Not sure why he played Werner in this game. Against City then sure but they needed presence in the box, someone to stand up to their centre backs. Werner is so frustrating too, he's incapable of seeing any team mates when he's within 30 yards of the goal and his shooting from distance is simply appalling.

Chairman Steve

It’d be pretty funny if he Neverkusens it with losing the FA Cup final, Champions League final and finishes outside Top 4.

A lot of pundits have really noshed him the past few weeks and even our own Gary Neville had him down as manager of the year :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
First big test is here!

Two really flat performances and they need to win their last two to be sure of 4th as don't think 4 points will be enough as Liverpool will likely win their last 3 games now.

And remain underdogs v Man. City despite their recent good results.

They were down the league when he took over but considering the run to not finish top 4 or win anything would feel disappointing from Chelsea POV now. Not that I expect he's in any danger of the sack.....but you never know with Roman.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It’d be pretty funny if he Neverkusens it with losing the FA Cup final, Champions League final and finishes outside Top 4.

A lot of pundits have really noshed him the past few weeks and even our own Gary Neville had him down as manager of the year :lol:
The less people pay attention to that attention seeker the better.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

Not that I expect he's in any danger of the sack.....but you never know with Roman.
We were 9th when he took over and he's taken us to two cup finals. There's not a chance in hell he gets sacked for finishing 5th and losing in a Champions League final to the best team in Europe.

I would take any money at any odds!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
We were 9th when he took over and he's taken us to two cup finals. There's not a chance in hell he gets sacked for finishing 5th and losing in a Champions League final to the best team in Europe.

I would take any money at any odds!
Well you're a club who sacked a manager who took you from depths of AVB (I think you were 7th or 8th when Di Matteo came in) and won you the CL and FA cup. Lasted until mid November 2012 despite Chelsea not spending a huge amount that summer IIRC. But I accept a rookie manager like RDM and Tuchel are two different cases.

padzilla

Hipster
Well you're a club who sacked a manager who took you from depths of AVB (I think you were 7th or 8th when Di Matteo came in) and won you the CL and FA cup. Lasted until mid November 2012 despite Chelsea not spending a huge amount that summer IIRC. But I accept a rookie manager like RDM and Tuchel are two different cases.
Didn't Di Matteo sign Hazard that summer?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Di Matteo got sacked for failing to qualify from the group stage of the Champs league and clearly being a mile out of his depth. You know it's a totally different situation.

We were 9th when Tuchel took over. Its ludicrous to think he'll get sacked for "only" talking us up to 5th and losing in two finals.

He's not the managerial messiah but sacked? Of course not.

Josh 76

First big test is here!

Two really flat performances and they need to win their last two to be sure of 4th as don't think 4 points will be enough as Liverpool will likely win their last 3 games now.

And remain underdogs v Man. City despite their recent good results.

They were down the league when he took over but considering the run to not finish top 4 or win anything would feel disappointing from Chelsea POV now. Not that I expect he's in any danger of the sack.....but you never know with Roman.
Home defeats to WBA and Arsenal was shocking.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
These threads tend to see the manager winning a lot soon after

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
He isnt getting sacked you raging nutters. Hes a very good manager. Im keen to see what he brings into the squad this window

He'll only be in danger once hes backed heavily in the summer and hits a barren spell.