Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The state of this, we have had no luck with injuries, covid. The only team in the league to want to have a game postponed rejected, our team is knackered. We lost 2 more players to injury tonight. Klopp is allowed to build his team, Pep won nothing in his first season and was allowed to spend a shit load. But you judge Tuchel after 1 year in charge which he won a champions league.
Spurs literally drew yesterday 1-1 to a team that had 10 players for the whole second half. Spurs who are much fresher too.
Strange. You reel off a load of excuses without addressing any of the points I made

As for your points no one cares about Chelsea;s injuries or illness when they've got the squad they have

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Chelsea would be mental to sack him, they need to spend a shit load more money though especially in attack if they want to win the league while Pep is around

R'hllor

His days are numbered as Chelsea manager, they waiting NYSE to open before sacking him.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
As for your points no one cares about Chelsea;s injuries or illness when they've got the squad they have
Anyone expecting a title challenge when we keep having to play a half fit Jorginho every match along with the likes of Saul and Barkley, clearly isn't being very objective. Our squad is great to backup the main team in normal times. We're not like City who just can field 2 first teams.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Anyone expecting a title challenge when we keep having to play a half fit Jorginho every match along with the likes of Saul and Barkley, clearly isn't being very objective. Our squad is great to backup the main team in normal times. We're not like City who just can field 2 first teams.
How does your spending compare to City's since Guardiola arrived in 2016?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
It is Chelsea. He would be starring down the barrel if he loses today with City and Spurs to come.

Abramovic would have been expecting a title challenge after spending 100 million on a new forward, not a public falling out and a top 4 battle.

I would not be at all surprised if he were to lose today and lose to City that he would be gone. You can’t say it’s knee jerk when they have so much previous for this kind of thing…

Have they already sacked a manager before January who won them the CL in the prior season? CHECK

Have they sacked a club legend because he was only battling for top 4? CHECK

It’s not knee jerk in the slightest with this club. Tuchel is no different from anyone else.

13 managers since 2007. He is just another one charged with immediate and continued success. If you don’t keep it up…you’re done.
They didn't lose so it's not a debate really.
But had he lost he still wouldn't have been sacked.
He will be when/if they get knocked out of Europe and are still in the same position in the league.

He's got plenty of time yet. The league is all but gone but they're still in other competitions. He managed a 2-2 against a significantly better team, hardly grounds for getting upset.

432JuanMata

I can’t believe there is sack watch thread for him(though Chelsea are Chelsea). He was never going to challenge city like everybody else and currently is a CL winning manager who is 2nd in the league.
The problem for all teams is City’s ruthlessness even if you rate other PL teams higher in history this city side require you to get 90+ points to challenge which is near impossible

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I can’t believe there is sack watch thread for him(though Chelsea are Chelsea). He was never going to challenge city like everybody else and currently is a CL winning manager who is 2nd in the league.
The problem for all teams is City’s ruthlessness even if you rate other PL teams higher in history this city side require you to get 90+ points to challenge which is near impossible
It's a tongue in cheek thread as far as I know and every bump is kind of tongue in cheek with a hint of 'you never know it's Chelsea' sprinkled in.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
They didn't lose so it's not a debate really.
But had he lost he still wouldn't have been sacked.
He will be when/if they get knocked out of Europe and are still in the same position in the league.
You think he'll get sacked if we go out of the Champs league and are 2nd? Or if we finish where we did last season (4th)?

432JuanMata

It's a tongue in cheek thread as far as I know and every bump is kind of tongue in cheek with a hint of 'you never know it's Chelsea' sprinkled in.
No I know it is as Pep has one too but still some post are serious about him being a bit in trouble when obviously he is not and is doing well

Tarrou

I thought they played well today

I think they'll be fine as much as I'd love to see them sack him

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
How does your spending compare to City's since Guardiola arrived in 2016?
We're 4th in net spend over that period with ~€291m spent. Man United are first with ~€671m outgoing, City second with ~€645m out (staggeringly Arsenal are 3rd and Everton are 5th by this metric; Liverpool are 12th).

That said, this is largely a function of how good we are at selling players (and to an extent how vital this is for our accounting), as we are second behind City with €1.01b spent versus their €1.06b on outlays.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
We're 4th in net spend over that period with ~€291m spent. Man United are first with ~€671m outgoing, City second with ~€645m out (staggeringly Arsenal are 3rd and Everton are 5th by this metric; Liverpool are 12th).

That said, this is largely a function of how good we are at selling players (and to an extent how vital this is for our accounting), as we are second behind City with €1.01b spent versus their €1.06b on outlays.
The difference in ranking between net and gross is staggering. No club knows selling like Chelsea

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You think he'll get sacked if we go out of the Champs league and are 2nd? Or if we finish where we did last season (4th)?
He's definitely gone if you finish 4th. Distant 3rd with a CL exit in say QF might mean he's gone as well. CL SFs or 2nd place finish will mean he'll survive, but then you know never know with Chelsea

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
No I know it is as Pep has one too but still some post are serious about him being a bit in trouble when obviously he is not and is doing well
Yeah there are some that getting a bit ahead of themselves for sure.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He's definitely gone if you finish 4th. Distant 3rd with a CL exit in say QF might mean he's gone as well. CL SFs or 2nd place finish will mean he'll survive, but then you know never know with Chelsea
I don't think we've ever sacked a manager who finished top 4. Can't see why we'd start with someone who has already won the big one.

OleksUsykUD

duffer, Ancelotti finished second and you sacked him. Jose Mourinho in his first spell, and there is probably more.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
It is almost a year since we were all telling Duffer that Lampard was going to be sacked and of course Duffer was in denial.

Its getting closer to that with Tuchel, although he is safe for now.

dinostar77

Injuries to Chillwell and James havent helped. Nor does the fact that 3 of his CBs are all out of contract at end of season as are both of his now starting lb/rb's. How can you expect players to concentrate and give 100% when their futures are up in the air and the club are refusing to meet their demands for salary/contract length.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The Lukaku situation doesnt help at all. Disgraceful really how he has behaved.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
If you finish 4th and don't win a trophy, then yes there's a good chance.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Strange. You reel off a load of excuses without addressing any of the points I made

Strange, I didn't make any excuses, everything i said was factual.

Joel Miller

Chelsea would be absolutely mad to sack him but they’re also the one club I could envisage sacking a CL winning manager so soon after performing such a feat.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
He needs to get better productivity of the other players on the team, like Werner, Kai, Pulisic, Cho and Hakim its staggering their offense. If he can get them to click he'll be taking this team to new heights.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
They literally cannot

Where was this energy at the beginning of the season? Think about this, for many people on here, Ole was expected to be within 5 points of the winners in order to have a successful season, and I'm supposed to believe Tuchel should be held to worse standards?

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
This boat has been abandoned :)

I bow to Tuchel!

I confess that I feared the worst and that he couldn't deal with the difficult moment he faced, but this last night we witnessed another masterclass of what is without a shadow of a doubt a huge coach and a great leader, the way he handled the Lukaku case was also brilliant.

Yesterday, with an emergency starting eleven, he gave Antonio Conte a tactical bath in the first part.
We could have easily gone to rest with an advantage of 3 or 4 goals and how beautiful it was to see Chelsea again playing well and with such intensity.

At half-time Conte responded by bringing Ndombele to chase Jorginho and changing the tactical design, Tuchel regained dominance with subsequent substitutions, Tuchel has the group united and under his control.

Wonderful news!!!

And how well did Saul play, I need to say it!!!
And Ziyech!

I have a good feeling regarding all cup competitions!!!

Two Champions Leagues in a row?
Can you imagine?