Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

TuzlaUnited

Silver lining of Klopp signing new contract is that Chelsea too can kiss goodbye to EPL. Their fans are disgusting bunch of clowns.

poleglass red

Hardly comparable. You are missing Chilwell, Klopp was missing his whole defence and playing midfielders in defence. Not to mention the costs of the two squads.
the criticism of Klopp was he didn't play the defenders he already had in his squad earlier on in season,instead he brought back midfielders to play central defence. So he had a weakened back line by injuries and a weakened mid by his choice, rather than playing the likes of Phillips and Williams who ultimately did get more game in the latter part of the season

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Hardly comparable. You are missing Chilwell, Klopp was missing his whole defence and playing midfielders in defence. Not to mention the costs of the two squads.
James for ages aswell. Mendy for the ACON. Kova for 11 league games. Kante for 9.

We were striken badly in December to the point our outfield options off the bench away to Wolves were Kova (half fit and rushed back), Saul, Sarr and Barkley. We had to play Jorginho through injury because we already had Kante and Kova out and the alternative was a disastrous Saul and RLC pivot.

He's also had to deal with Lukaku's rebellion, a near record number of games (had we got past Real we'd have probably had to play 4 games in a week either this week or next) plus the external stuff aswell.

Has there been aspects he could and should have done better on? Absolutely, but people who think there's been zero mitigating circumstances can't be more wrong.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Summer will be crucial really as Rudiger and Christensen leave two pretty big gaps. Fortunately Silva renewed but ultimately you’re going to need to spend a fair bit just to get back to normal levels and that’s even before looking at freshening up the midfield and making a decision on Werner and Lukaku.

I think TT is the man to do it, will just be interesting to watch as you’ll have a new owner, budgets and structure. A lot of change and a lot to do. Exciting but also could be a concern. Bit like United in some ways.
We are not in identity crisis like united. We have good structural play and at our best not even city Liverpool would easily get away from us with points.

We couldn't foresee COVID impact at our camp. And also should get three more players for 100 mn instead of one big striker in Lukaku. We tried to sign hakimi but if that happened instead of lukaku we could be in better position than now in table in my opinion.

Two seasons before pep team stumbled last season klopp team stumbled though both spent half a decade with their team and built their team in their own imagination.

For me tuchel is very good and if he get the backing from new owner he will create a solid squad to fight for title soon as next season. I will give two more seasons to tuchel to create his own team in his own imagination. Then only I will start to judge him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That’s fine and as I say I wouldn’t be sacking TT. I think the season is undeniably a failure though if you don’t land the FA cup.
I don't see it as a failure to be honest. It's been a disappointing league season albeit with some mitigating circumstances, but we've been good/great in every other competition. Went out in a blaze in Europe, fought until the bitter end and went to the final in both domestic competitions. Lost the first one on the 22nd kick by our keeper in a penalty shootout, after playing really well in the final, and obviously still yet to play the other final. Not a bad effort, all things considered.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
News of him being unhappy at Chelsea and being disappointed in the lack of support by fans plus conflicts with his attacking players lead me to believe that he won't last long there.

Apparently told Rangnick how much he loved the atmosphere in old Trafford (which is kinda funny as it been Rather tepid in there lately) something he seems to lack in the bridge.

We probably could have landed him by the next season, I still think hag is the right choice but tuchel is a great coach as well, hopefully we won't regret not getting him under hag.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
News of him being unhappy at Chelsea and being disappointed in the lack of support by fans plus conflicts with his attacking players lead me to believe that he won't last long there.

Apparently told Rangnick how much he loved the atmosphere in old Trafford (which is kinda funny as it been Rather tepid in there lately) something he seems to lack in the bridge.

We probably could have landed him by the next season, I still think hag is the right choice but tuchel is a great coach as well, hopefully we won't regret not getting him under hag.
Links please. I've searched Google and twitter. Can find literally nothing about this.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Mate there are no indications he's unhappy at Chelsea. He's spoken openly about his commitment to the club and about his plans for next year - obviously all Chelsea managers start with an expiration date but if our new owners can tell their arse from their elbow they'll be doing literally everything to keep Tuchel happy.

If he were willing to jump ship I think he would have done so already. He has handled all of the uncertainty around the ownership with the utmost grace and aplomb - obviously I could be wrong but I just can't see him leaving this summer.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I probably should have bookmarked where I read those things but here's a Mirror article (yeah maybe a shit source) that touches up on some of the things I said ,and here's another article from Telegraph a while a back where he clearly asks for the fans to create a better atmosphere (maybe I'm reading too much into it).

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Mate there are no indications he's unhappy at Chelsea. He's spoken openly about his commitment to the club and about his plans for next year - obviously all Chelsea managers start with an expiration date but if our new owners can tell their arse from their elbow they'll be doing literally everything to keep Tuchel happy.

If he were willing to jump ship I think he would have done so already. He has handled all of the uncertainty around the ownership with the utmost grace and aplomb - obviously I could be wrong but I just can't see him leaving this summer.
He's clearly under duress and frustrated, just look at his body language and of course he won't say anything against his commitment to the club, he's a professional and as you said has handled it with grace.

The ownership situation just got more convoluted it seems he doesn't even know what he's dealing with in the upcoming season.

I too don't think he will move in the summer but a run of terrible results could see him off the books in the following season.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I probably should have bookmarked where I read those things but here's a Mirror article (yeah maybe a shit source) that touches up on some of the things I said ,and here's another article from Telegraph a while a back where he clearly asks for the fans to create a better atmosphere (maybe I'm reading too much into it).
I think that's generally just clickbait - the first source literally has no quotes and doesn't really cite anything? The second is solely about encouraging the fans to create a good atmosphere vs. Madrid - no offense but I think you're reading a bit too much into it if you think that's evidence he's keen to leave.

Meanwhile, here's a direct quote from Tuchel:

"Next season life will go in whether we like it or not. From pre-season next season we will give our very best and I will be fully involved with all my heart and knowledge."

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He's clearly under duress and frustrated, just look at his body language and of course he won't say anything against his commitment to the club, he's a professional and as you said has handled it with grace.

The ownership situation just got more convoluted it seems he doesn't even know what he's dealing with in the upcoming season.

I too don't think he will move in the summer but a run of terrible results could see him off the books in the following season.
Well, I don't really think this is realistic to be honest - unless somehow Roman remains in charge. Every potential buyer has said that keeping Tuchel is the priority - and rightly so. You don't become a billionaire by shooting yourself in the foot as a matter of practice.

That said, if we don't adequately support his vision and if he is discouraged then I could see him leaving - but only of his own volition. And frankly, I suspect any new ownership would be keen to splash the cash to the extent they are able.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Well, I don't really think this is realistic to be honest - unless somehow Roman remains in charge. Every potential buyer has said that keeping Tuchel is the priority - and rightly so. You don't become a billionaire by shooting yourself in the foot as a matter of practice.

That said, if we don't adequately support his vision and if he is discouraged then I could see him leaving - but only of his own volition. And frankly, I suspect any new ownership would be keen to splash the cash to the extent they are able.
I understand you, any sane man would try to keep tuchel at all costs but things mover extraordinary fast in football, let's say you lot have a busy summer , the season starts and after 10 weeks you're closer to relegation than a European spot, will the management have the resolve to hold on to tuchel or will they take the easy way out?
I think that's generally just clickbait - the first source literally has no quotes and doesn't really cite anything? The second is solely about encouraging the fans to create a good atmosphere vs. Madrid - no offense but I think you're reading a bit too much into it if you think that's evidence he's keen to leave.

Meanwhile, here's a direct quote from Tuchel:

"Next season life will go in whether we like it or not. From pre-season next season we will give our very best and I will be fully involved with all my heart and knowledge."
I swear I saw something more credible in the news(should have bookmarked it )but I'm very sleep deprived due to excessive work these past few days so maybe I just got things mixed up in my head , not good I know

I still think its fair to say that he's a tad frustrated, even if only going by his body language which is normal, I also found bridges atmosphere to be a bit underwhelming in some matches.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I understand you, any sane man would try to keep tuchel at all costs but things mover extraordinary fast in football, let's say you lot have a busy summer , the season starts and after 10 weeks you're closer to relegation than a European spot, will the management have the resolve to hold on to tuchel or will they take the easy way out?

I swear I saw something more credible in the news(should have bookmarked it )but I'm very sleep deprived due to excessive work these past few days so maybe I just got things mixed up in my head , not good I know

I still think its fair to say that he's a tad frustrated, even if only going by his body language which is normal, I also found bridges atmosphere to be a bit underwhelming in some matches.
Haha all good mate! I don't disagree that he's frustrated with a combination of the situation and the unreliable players at his disposal - just don't think it's likely to rise to the level of him walking away given what he's already gone through.

Of course, given everything going on I will not deny that I'm huffing life-threatening amounts of copium, so I very well could be completely deluding myself into hoping for a positive outcome.

Best of luck with all that you have going on and I hope you can catch up on some rest mate! Appreciate the chat as per usual :)

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Haha all good mate! I don't disagree that he's frustrated with a combination of the situation and the unreliable players at his disposal - just don't think it's likely to rise to the level of him walking away given what he's already gone through.

Of course, given everything going on I will not deny that I'm huffing life-threatening amounts of copium, so I very well could be completely deluding myself into hoping for a positive outcome.

Best of luck with all that you have going on and I hope you can catch up on some rest mate! Appreciate the chat as per usual :)
Thank you really appreciate it, its nothing to worry about just a project going overtime and overbudget due to prior miss management, I'll be fine and dandy very soon.

Hopefully in a week and half from now we could be here and talking about how Tommy averted a disaster by stopping klopp and his man :D

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Thank you really appreciate it, its nothing to worry about just a project going overtime and overbudget due to prior miss management, I'll be fine and dandy very soon.

Hopefully in a week and half from now we could be here and talking about how Tommy averted a disaster by stopping klopp and his man :D
My heartfelt sympathies for the first bit - been there and done that; it's certainly never fun to have to clean up after the incompetence of others.

And fingers crossed that latter scenario comes to pass! Personally gutted we aren't there to kick City out of the CL semi as well but therein lies the rub!

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I will not believe the FA (and BoJo) throw Chelsea FC to the football piranhas pond until I actually see it.

TrebleChamp99

If latest reports are to be believed about the blockage of the sale Chelsea are very much looking down the barrel.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
My heartfelt sympathies for the first bit - been there and done that; it's certainly never fun to have to clean up after the incompetence of others.

And fingers crossed that latter scenario comes to pass! Personally gutted we aren't there to kick City out of the CL semi as well but therein lies the rub!
Stopping the scouser's menace is enough of an achievement for one season :D

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I do not hate Chelsea at all, just reading those same reports from Italy… and really finding them strange.
Yeah it would be a shame if they really gone through with it, won't happen probably, they're one of the big boys, the damage would be massive.

Also maybe you lot should put in a cheky bid for big rom to partner vlahovic up front. :smirk:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I know the leagues been over them for a while now (basically they were always going to finish 3rd and haven't had a chance of the title since about December) but Chelsea's league form under Tuchel is really bad now

Blood Mage

He's a very good manager but he's nowhere near Pep or Klopp and it makes me laugh that anybody ever thought that he was.

KwendaHuko

I know the leagues been over them for a while now (basically they were always going to finish 3rd and haven't had a chance of the title since about December) but Chelsea's league form under Tuchel is really bad now
He is in the category of Ole, Van Gal and Mourinho points tally. Around 60-70 points.

He wasn't an elite manager.
He just was able to win champions league.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
They will never bridge the gap in the league with him there, so they need to decide if that is acceptable.

In all honestly, it probably is, because his teams are well set-up and difficult to beat in cup competitions.

City/Liverpool are so far ahead that it might not matter about dropped points in the league.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
They will never bridge the gap in the league with him there, so they need to decide if that is acceptable.

In all honestly, it probably is, because his teams are well set-up and difficult to beat in cup competitions.

City/Liverpool are so far ahead that it might not matter about dropped points in the league.
I disagree. They are ahead of everyone else, that is clear. We however were competing with both for much of last year. There’s definitely glaring issues before we can compete on a consistent basis but no, it’s not like we are in 6th place with a club crisis on our hands.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Poch lost the league.
i thought he won it twice with them?
Tuchel did win two, but towards the end he lost it in his last season before getting sacked. Ligue 1 is like Bundesliga, psg has a monopoly unless a team comes by with a very good manager and squad assembled. Winning the league there just adds trophy to your cv. However, even though tuchel did loose that league (confirmed by stat which showed poch had better result when he took over), he did come up against a very good lille side.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I disagree. They are ahead of everyone else, that is clear. We however were competing with both for much of last year. There’s definitely glaring issues before we can compete on a consistent basis but no, it’s not like we are in 6th place with a club crisis on our hands.
I don’t think he is capable of a 90+ point season in the PL. At present, he is dragging a very good squad to a very average points tally.

The dig at United doesn’t really mean anything. We know we have been terrible, but Chelsea would have been expecting more points with their squad and their spend over the last few years. It’s been a disappointing league season.

MUW4Eva

Now I understand how he lost the league with psg. He is a cup manager. He has really underperformed once again in the league

Well.....I certainly hope that you are right with him being a Cup manager......