Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Same as Alex Ferguson, Guardiola, and Mourinho.

I can't think of many top managers who have more leagues than cups.
That is just highly probable statistically as there are more cup than league competitions.

But for example Pep’s shortcomings in the CL have been discussed to great lengths recently, while essentially no one would discuss this for Tuchel, who has never really disappointed in that competition.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Yes, which is why "he's won more cups than leagues" was a silly thing to say. All top managers have won more cups than leagues.
That's why I added that his teams usually performed well against strong opponents, which isn't true for all of those managers :)

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I already went through this with you before and compare tuchel result and poch result, and you would notice in that season poch did better when he took over from that season. Coming into a different environment as well. And now it is being highlighted at Chelsea how poor tuchel is in the league, which makes it more evident to why psg lost the league under him. Tuchel is a cup manager and as expected, he is doing well in cups. But his league form has been put on the spotlight again. 1 point behind Arsenal is not a good look for tuchel. If it wasn't for his good cup form, I am quite sure if abrahomovic was there, he would be thinking about other managers who could potentially replace him. If he has a season like this again next season, no doubt I see him getting sacked under abrahamovic. Not sure how their new owner is like though.
Yes, losing against relegation fodder was whilst blowing the CL and league campaigns was definitely better. And "coming into a different environment" was obviously less challenging than dealing with squad burnout from making the previous CL and from a COVID outbreak in the fall - as very obviously evidenced by Tuchel not missing a beat when he went to Chelsea and immediately turned us around.

As per usual, your figures are as wrong as your spelling - Tuchel was extended under Abramovich and undoubtedly would be staying on. Also we aren't a point behind Arsenal - you just can't stop being wrong, can you?

Abraxas

A very average season for them all things considered. I think when they bought Lukaku it was supposed to be the icing on the cake, the goal threat to supplement their creative talent and midfield control. But that went completely tits up and it has left them well short. Then you have recent events.

Tuchel has loads of credit in the bank, though. I'd be more inclined to write this one off, but there should be much better expected next season. They'll obviously have to give up a large chunk on Lukaku, find an alternative, and think about the defence.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Yes, losing against relegation fodder was whilst blowing the CL and league campaigns was definitely better. And "coming into a different environment" was obviously less challenging than dealing with squad burnout from making the previous CL and from a COVID outbreak in the fall - as very obviously evidenced by Tuchel not missing a beat when he went to Chelsea and immediately turned us around.

As per usual, your figures are as wrong as your spelling - Tuchel was extended under Abramovich and undoubtedly would be staying on. Also we aren't a point behind Arsenal - you just can't stop being wrong, can you?
:lol: point ahead, still a bad thing, that is what I meant. If they were a point behind that would be a disastrous season.

They went to the semi final. How did they blow that? Also as stated the result was better. Nothing what I said was wrong. Also coming into a new environment is more challenging than champion league burnout :lol:, not sure what you on about

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
:lol: point ahead, still a bad thing, that is what I meant. If they were a point behind that would be a disastrous season.

They went to the semi final. How did they blow that? Also as stated the result was better. Nothing what I said was wrong. Also coming into a new environment is more challenging than champion league burnout :lol:, not sure what you on about
Yes? After the unique CL tournament where PSG had to play despite all of the rest of the French league having time off? And the French league coming back whilst PSG were still involved in the delayed CL knockouts?

And if coming into a new environment is so challenging then why did Tuchel go into a new environment and win the whole competition?

There's literally no point in engaging with you, so I'll happily add you to the ignore list - here's hoping for your sake that you can continue your efforts to push your tongue just the next couple of centimetres up Poch's arsehole; surely then he'll acknowledge you as a certifiable Poch Tot who can continue on his legacy of horrendous collapses from advantageous positions.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Yes? After the unique CL tournament where PSG had to play despite all of the rest of the French league having time off? And the French league coming back whilst PSG were still involved in the delayed CL knockouts?

And if coming into a new environment is so challenging then why did Tuchel go into a new environment and win the whole competition?

There's literally no point in engaging with you, so I'll happily add you to the ignore list - here's hoping for your sake that you can continue your efforts to push your tongue just the next couple of centimetres up Poch's arsehole; surely then he'll acknowledge you as a certifiable Poch Tot who can continue on his legacy of horrendous collapses from advantageous positions.
Not sure what you were Rambling about in the first paragraph. We are talking about a farmer league, not the premier league. Even with psg having lots of fixture towards the end of last season, they still have enough quality to compete at a high level when the new season start. Psg poor start and bad result under tuchel was the basis of them losing the league. Not sure why poch keep getting dragged into every conversation as if people are obessed with him. I was talking about tuchel poor league form and how he lost the league.

Tuchel coming and winning the champion league fits his status as a cup manager. You showed one instance of a manager coming in and doing well, whereas there are many instance where it typically takes a while for managers to settle at a club. Klopp, guardiola all were not at their best the first moment they arrived at their club. It varies between managers, especially if coming into a different league.

Please do add me. I see nothing in your post history that makes me interested in engaging in more dialog.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I thought Chelsea were very good in their run to the CL win. But it's been papering over the cracks, the league form has gone out of the window this year, but it wasn't amazing last season either towards the end. They should have used that success as a platform to build, instead you're looking at a summer re-construction with a whole new defence and an attack that still isn't gelling. One step forward, two steps back. Feels like Lampard a bit again with how they're defending at the moment too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Today will be their 3rd cup final defeat under him.
At least they've got to them though.

TheReligion

Abusive
No idea what he’s doing today leaving Lukaku on for the full game, bringing on Loftus Cheek as a CF and not bothering with Werner when space opened up in extra time.

Utterly bizarre and cost his team.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Is his cup record overrated?

Final with PSG in one-legged CL
Loss in 2 FA Cup finals after beating League 2 sides on the way
2 losses on pens and bizarre decision to start Lukaku

New manager bounced his way to the CL win against another big bottler

Zoo

Not bringing Werner on to try and pressure a defence without Van Dijk and a knackered Robertson was stupid. He won’t win the league playing 5-3-2 that much is clear.

marktan

I rate him but that Lukaku signing was shocking. Transfers have been the undoing of too many managers.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Is his cup record overrated?

Final with PSG in one-legged CL
Loss in 2 FA Cup finals after beating League 2 sides on the way
2 losses on pens and bizarre decision to start Lukaku

New manager bounced his way to the CL win against another big bottler
Hardly bizarre when Havertz is injured and Lukaku scored 3 goals in 2 games.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He has a little basil fawlty about him in terms of his gangly size and the way he goes down to his knees a lot.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Pens is pure luck and Liverpool have had all of it in both finals. Feck this sport.

AFC NimbleThumb

Starting Lukaku today & ceding the first half was terrible management. To leave Lukaku on until the 84th minute was bizarre.

Zen

1 goal in 4 finals is pretty bad... even if it is the one they truly wanted out of the 4, but if he continues with this 9 man wall in finals. Legit I don't know, why play like this?

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Did a lot of weird stuff in extra-time, from strategy to subs. Assume Werner is unfit, criminal not subbing him on if not. Game was there for the taking, but once it went to pens a Liverpool win felt inevitable, too many of those Chelsea players are just a couple of levels below the truly elite both mentality and ability-wise.