Film Thor: Love and Thunder

RedDevil@84

Just caught it on Disney. Wow, that is the worst marvel movie I have watched and I really liked the previous Thor movies.

Production wise, this feels like a "what if they had cgi to make flash gordon in the 80s" knock off. It is overly campy in the tone and visuals.

The humour becomes tame when everybody talks like an insecure centennial all the time. They had some very good building blocks today work with in this movie and ended up relegating everything to campy surface skits. I was genuinely surprised it was 6.3 on the imdb.

With just a dash of Villeneuve this could have been a decent movie. Show the indifference of the gods as cosmically absurd and grotesque rather than "we're all just fat blokes having a good time being filmed in 4:3 ratio". Let's see a bit of actual pain and authenticity in Thors midlife crisis and his relationship with Jane. Every character except Bale's feel parodies. And perhaps that is the intent but without any underlying gravitas it becomes a very dull affair.

No more of this please.
I saw it for 30-35 mins I think and switched it off. I couldn't stand the absolute garbage of jokes. I mean all of them were jokes that didn't land and that was cringe enough, but you can't be talking in jokes all the time. Every other dialogue was a lame attempt at a joke. Way too much cringe. One would think it is a spoof movie.