Film Thor: Ragnarok

GBBQ

I really like Taika Waititi so I'm interested to see his take on a superhero franchise. I always thought Marvel would be reluctant to mess with the formula too much (hence Edgar Wright being canned) but the trailer makes it look like a goofy romp that doesn't take itself too seriously.

The Thor film series has been weak though, the first one was alright, the sequel was pure crap.

gaz1185

This looks great, the trailer definitely has a Guardians of the Galaxy vibe to it (not that it's too bad of a thing) and I love Taika Waititi's previous work so I'm hoping this does well.

"We know each other. We're friends from work" :lol:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
This looks great, the trailer definitely has a Guardians of the Galaxy vibe to it (not that it's too bad of a thing) and I love Taika Waititi's previous work so I'm hoping this does well.

"We know each other. We're friends from work" :lol:
That line got me.

Fingeredmouse

I am probably the only one who liked both the Thor movies.
No, I did.

Only Marvel films I really didn't like were Iron Man 2 and, especially, Iron Man 3. The rest were decent trash to, occasionally, surprisingly good trash.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It looks like a completely different take to the first 2 for some reason.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I am probably the only one who liked both the Thor movies.
Nope, I very much liked both of them, then again I might have a little obsession with Natalie Portman and I consider Hemsworth to be a very nice and good looking man, soooooo.

Drifter

American
Looks like the movie companies are making up for last year .So many good films coming out this year

decorativeed

No, I did.

Only Marvel films I really didn't like were Iron Man 2 and, especially, Iron Man 3. The rest were decent trash to, occasionally, surprisingly good trash.
Same here. One or two good moments in Iron Man 2, but it wasn't a very good film really. Don't know why people rate the second Thor film so low in comparison to both of those, especially Iron Man 3, which was just awful. The only thing wrong with The Dark World was that it didn't really do anything original, but it didn't do anything badly either. Most people forget that the Incredible Hulk exists, which stands alongside IM3 as Marvel's worst films by some distance.

I also love Taika Waititi's stuff, and you can tell he's been given a pretty free rein here, so I'm looking forward to this.

The vivid colours used in both this and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 really set them apart from the almost monochrome DC/Snyder films - I wonder if that is a deliberate move from Marvel?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This looks very different from the first two Thor movies and it's a good thing!

iKnowNothing

I wasn't a fan of the first two, but Taika Waititi = me sold.
I really like Taika Waititi so I'm interested to see his take on a superhero franchise. I always thought Marvel would be reluctant to mess with the formula too much (hence Edgar Wright being canned) but the trailer makes it look like a goofy romp that doesn't take itself too seriously.

The Thor film series has been weak though, the first one was alright, the sequel was pure crap.
Same. Couldn't give less of a shit about "Magical space people fight, No:467" but I'm very interested to see what Waititi does with a big budget blockbuster.
Why so much of love for Taika Waititi? I couldn't even remember who he was and Wikipedia the's only directed the following movies, none of which I've see. Have I missed the work of a genius?

decorativeed

I think he's most likely a love him or hate him kind of director. His humour is right up my street, but others don't find it funny at all.

He was also involved in a few Flight of the Concords episodes, but Hunt for the Wilderpeople is his best work so far, in my opinion. Eagle vs Shark and What We Do in the Shadows are also good.

Ixion

No, I did.

Yeah Iron Man 2 & 3 were the only ones I don't care for. Even then 2 has some moments, the suitcase armour, the fight with War Machine at the end. 3 sucks.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
This is going to be very amusing. And Cate Blanchett looks :drool: she could shove things inside me and I would be very pleased.

caid

Why so much of love for Taika Waititi? I couldn't even remember who he was and Wikipedia the's only directed the following movies, none of which I've see. Have I missed the work of a genius?
What we do in the Shadows and Hunt for the Wilderpeople are the best comedies i've seen in years.
Both are well worth a watch

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Looks fun.

Are they gonna squeeze Dr Strange into this one? He seems like he'd fit in well in Asguard and I guess they need to start putting them all together sooner rather than later.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Looks fun.

Are they gonna squeeze Dr Strange into this one? He seems like he'd fit in well in Asguard and I guess they need to start putting them all together sooner rather than later.
He's in the cast according to IMBd, perhaps he might drop Thor to Asgaard or something.

Fingeredmouse

Looks fun.

He'll play the role Xavier played in exiling Hulk in the comics maybe? Help find Odin?

He'll be a plot enabler with his basically limitless magic voodoo shit in someway I'd imagine.

caid

He'll play the role Xavier played in exiling Hulk in the comics maybe? Help find Odin?

He'll be a plot enabler with his basically limitless magic voodoo shit in someway I'd imagine.
Did Thor have an acting credit in Dr. Strange?
Could just show up in the bit after the credits

Though he would be a good fit as you say and one of the few characters that wouldn't look completely ridiculous hanging out with Hulk and Thor
You'd have a hard time getting Hawkeye in there for example

Sylar

That excited "YESSS" is my reaction to this trailer. Cannot freakin wait.

GBBQ

Has a great track record of mixing the absurd with the normal in really offbeat comedies. Also doesn't seem to concerned about whats come before in the marvel Universe or whats to come afterwards.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Just watched the trailer again. Looks pretty good, and the mood seems much different to the first 2 - 1 I thought was ok/decent and 2 was a bit of a letdown.

Very much looking forward to this. As mentioned above, a bit of a Guardians feel to it.

Robertd0803

Did anyone else think that it was Wonder Womans theme playing in the background on the trailer?

Smores

Couldn't be anymore Guardians of the Galaxy if it tried really. Not a bad thing though, good to see they've moved the tone of these films with the audiences wishes.