Film Thor: Ragnarok

Traub

Saw this last night, and I thought it was incredible. Up there in my top MCU movies with Guardians and Dr Strange. Korg scenes... "it has a strong foundation" had me in stitches :lol:

NM

Great fun. Didn't need to know backstory, and it didn't take itself too seriously. Great entertainment, and hilariously funny. I didn't like the first two Thors or most Marvel films, but this was great.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Something was extremely off about Hemsworth's attempt at humour but it was a good watch apart from that.

Sylar

Yep

What really helped this movie was the villain so it upped the stakes. Also it didnt change Loki completely and stayed true to what you would expect (with him still being an anti-hero of sorts). And they kept Thor pretty smart on it given how often it happens to him (he even mentions it which was smart).
The side characters were all fun. The locations whilst nuts were great. I really liked the use of music. It wasnt an overblown CGI fest either. It had a nice balance and mix of humour, action and everything need to be a great movie. You can see it as a standalone too.

I like how they have used the different movies esp this one to evolve Hulk. Shame he wont / cant get a standalone movie (not counting the Ed norton one lol) but theyve worked around that so well.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
This isn't a Thor spoiler but possibly for the future marvel films based on my limited comic knowledge...

In the Infinity Gauntlet comics, Thanos' whole reason for everything was to impress Mistress Death. Any chance the Goddess of Death (Hela) returns to fill this role? I know it's not the same character but would fit nicely.

kps88

This isn't a Thor spoiler but possibly for the future marvel films based on my limited comic knowledge...

In the Infinity Gauntlet comics, Thanos' whole reason for everything was to impress Mistress Death. Any chance the Goddess of Death (Hela) returns to fill this role? I know it's not the same character but would fit nicely.
Thought that too but it seems unlikely given how Thor ended and the fact that the next Avengers movie has already been shot with no news of her being in the cast.

iKnowNothing

Great fun. Didn't need to know backstory, and it didn't take itself too seriously. Great entertainment, and hilariously funny. I didn't like the first two Thors or most Marvel films, but this was great.
I think this is the reason why the film is doing so well all across.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Watched it last night. Thought it was very good. Lots of fun. Though there were just a couple of moments where I felt they tried a little too hard to do the comedy/funny moments. Best Thor movie by a mile though.

Who's the big space ship which pulls in ahead of them at the end? Thanos or something Guardians related? Only watched the 1 clip, though I've heard there are 2 scenes post credits :nervous:

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Watched it last night. Thought it was very good. Lots of fun. Though there were just a couple of moments where I felt they tried a little too hard to do the comedy/funny moments. Best Thor movie by a mile though.

Who's the big space ship which pulls in ahead of them at the end? Thanos or something Guardians related? Only watched the 1 clip, though I've heard there are 2 scenes post credits :nervous:
You caught the important scene. It was Thanos' ship.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Thanks bro.

I don't know much about the comics or anything, but I take it Thor and co might get captured, at the start of Infinity War? Or well, hopefully the Guardians are able to come to their aid.
Your guess is as good as mine :lol: Haven't read the comics.

GBBQ

Thanks bro.

I don't know much about the comics or anything, but I take it Thor and co might get captured, at the start of Infinity War? Or well, hopefully the Guardians are able to come to their aid.
Have you seen the leaked trailer for Infinity Wars? Pretty much answers your question.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Korg was annoying me towards the end. Enjoyed it. Good fun.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Your guess is as good as mine :lol: Haven't read the comics.
my guess Loki took the tesseract, and contacted Thanos to collect it. remember he still owes thanos from their deal. One he has that he will actively be collecting the otherswhich will take up the first half of the avengers moviewith him collecting the least one which is in the visions noggin so
our will be thor alerting the avenger then them preparing for the arrival of Thanos

Cloud7

Saw it tonight, thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.

InfiniteBoredom

Enjoyed it overall, standard Marvel fare, a bit heavy on the jokes that it felt forced sometimes but a significant upgrade from the last 2 Thor films which were complete bore.

Ending is basically a Dr. Strange rip-off.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Really disliked the first Thor movie. Didn’t watch the 2nd

Reluctantly brought my kid to see it this afternoon....it was 2hours of just good fun. Really enjoyed it

A few jokes fell flat and a couple of odd lines of dialogue. But the time flew by. And some jokes and scenes really hit the mark

Amir

Haven't seen any Thor movies and haven't seen any Marvel films except for the first Captain America, but this was excellent.

diarm

Yeah I went to see this almost by accident tonight. Wasn't expecting much but I really enjoyed it!

That Kiwi/South African rock creature was the funniest fecking thing I've seen in the Cinema for a long, long time.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Saw it today. Glad I did. Not my favourite Avengers film but right up there.

Where was Thor for the majority of that film and who is the Grand master in the comics? Is he really millions of years old?

buchansleftleg

Really enjoyed it but would have enjoyed it more without the 10 little scrotes in the cinema causing trouble.....quite ironic i spent most of the film fantasizing about going "Hulk smash" on their fake gangsta heads until what little brains they had started squirting out of their ears....

*consults zen book of calm*

Better now

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Saw it today. Glad I did. Not my favourite Avengers film but right up there.

Where was Thor for the majority of that film and who is the Grand master in the comics? Is he really millions of years old?
He is. They are superrich, powerful beings driven a little mad by their old age, going after weird hobby’s. The collector from the first Guardians is also one of them.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Can't believe the improvement in this franchise. Hated the first two films but this was a quantum leap forward and is one of my fave Marvel films.. I didn't want it to end. Brilliant film with good gags, action and solid plot too. Bravo Marvel.

Denis79

What we do in the Shadows and Hunt for the Wilderpeople are the best comedies i've seen in years.
Both are well worth a watch
Such a fantastic movie. Have to check out What we do in the Shadows.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Just watched this. Was so good.

I was so happy they used Led Zep. Those slow-mo shots near the end when Immigrant Song came on again :drool:

That might just be one of the coolest things I've ever seen :lol:

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München

I was so happy they used Led Zep. Those slow-mo shots near the end when Immigrant Song came on again :drool:

I will link you a video tomorrow which explains quite well why we all liked this so much. It has got something to do with the evolution of genres.

It was brilliant, really. The film.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I will link you a video tomorrow which explains quite well why we all liked this so much. It has got something to do with the evolution of genres.

It was brilliant, really. The film.
I was totally sold when I heard Immigrant Song TBF :lol:

El-Manos

Best scene in the movie alright

caid

I really hope Taika Waititi gets more Marvel Films.
Doesn't have to be more Thor, pretty much anything would be good really.