Film Thor: Ragnarok

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Meh, it was ok, but pretty much everyone acts like Earthmen. Guess that's part of the fun, eh? To see weird rock creature talking like New Zealand teenager?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I saw it last night and thought it was fantastic. Most recent Marvel films have bored me (here's looking at Dr. Strange and Spiderman) but this was hilarious from start to finish, and looked beautiful. I am a massive fan of Waititi though so I knew I'd be laughing away.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Just saw this, a big heap of silly colourful fun. Also, Tessa Thompson.

kps88

I like how movie threads are bumped whenever a good version is available for download online.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I watched it yesterday and really enjoyed it, one of the best Marvel movies for sure.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
My favourite Marvel movie along with Guardians Of The Galaxy and Deadpool.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Really enjoyed this one. Getting a seriouis case of Marvel fatigue though.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The opening 10 minutes had me scared this would be shit as well but was well entertained throughout. Didn't ever take itself too seriously which i like and the action sequences were cool. Like the other poster said on par with GOG and maybe a tad below Deadpool for me.

Sylar

Watched bits again. Hulk attacked the big devil thing at the end when Thor was giving a speech was fantastic.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I though it was ok. It didn’t deserve the level of acclaim it received though.

Last edited:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Not really impressed. Felt like a stand up comedy. None of the characters had any depth except being there for comic reasons. Thor literally is portrayed as the male equivalent to the stereotypic dumb blonde. Cate Blanchett and Tessa Thompson have bordering cringeworthy roles and do not make any kind of impression throughout. Karl Urban's Skorge is another wasted character. The comedy is quite good and carries the movie all through.

6/10

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Deadpool is a Marvel comic book character mate. Like xmen, his cinematic rights are owned by Fox rather than Disney. That’s all about to change with the merger though.
So right now he's not marvel, is he?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He’s still Marvel mate, just like the x men are marvel too. Deadpool was created and is published by Marvel comics.

Spider-Man has been a Marvel character since the 60’s. The cinematic rights were until recently owned exclusively by Sony.

Just because characters don’t feature in the Disney extended marvel universe (or whatever they call themselves) doesn’t stop them from being actual Marvel comic characters.

Disney are hoovering up all of the remaining Marvel comic character cinematic rights at the moment, so that it can all be under the same banner.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
It’s a Marvel character so it is Marvel. But yeah much like Spider-Man, the rights belonged to someone else. In that case Sony.
He’s still Marvel mate, just like the x men are marvel too. Deadpool was created and is published by Marvel comics.

Spider-Man has been a Marvel character since the 60’s. The cinematic rights were until recently owned exclusively by Sony.

Just because characters don’t feature in the Disney extended marvel universe (or whatever they call themselves) doesn’t stop them from being actual Marvel comic characters.

Disney are hoovering up all of the remaining Marvel comic character cinematic rights at the moment, so that it can all be under the same banner.
Were not talking the character, we're talking about the film property, which does not belong to marvel. It's really that simple.

Star wars episodes 1-6 we're not Disney films. 7 and 8 are.

Andersons Dietician

Were not talking the character, we're talking about the film property, which does not belong to marvel. It's really that simple.

Star wars episodes 1-6 we're not Disney films. 7 and 8 are.
Your sentence reads as he isn’t Marvel when he is.

Also if you watch the film it comes up with 20th century fox quickly followed by the marvel intro of flashing images then the standard red marvel logo.

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
What a :yawn: argument.

I think I might pick the blu ray up on Monday. Definitely worthy of a rewatch. I quite like the fact that Thor was portrayed as a dumb blonde stereotype. It suits the character and Hemsworth does it well. I imagine the outtakes are funny too. Hopefully more Korgisms.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Your sentence reads as he isn’t Marvel when he is.

Also if you watch the film it comes up with 20th century fox quickly followed by the marvel intro of flashing images then the standard red marvel logo.
Because the character is based off marvel comics. Marvel did not create the film, had no creative influence on the film, it's simply not a marvel film. Films actually made by Marvel, are marvel films believe it or not.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I think most people are talking about the Deadpool character as being "Marvel".

Whoever it is that brought out the film..

Andersons Dietician

Because the character is based off marvel comics. Marvel did not create the film, had no creative influence on the film, it's simply not a marvel film. Films actually made by Marvel, are marvel films believe it or not.
Well if that is your reasoning then none of the films are made by Marvel. However from what you first said “he’s not Marvel” you only tried to clarify after others had said the rights might be owned by someone else but it’s Marvel.
The simple thing for you to say was oh yeah I get it’s marvel but the distributor is fox. It’s still a marvel film, hence the marvel logo and marketing.
Anyway it really doesn’t matter, Marvel character in a marvel film distributed and filmed by Fox. Same as Spider-Man was a marvel character in a marvel film distributed by Sony.

Any so THOR Ragnarok aye, quite liked the music but some of the jokes fell a little flat. Highlight is when Zepplin kicks in on the bridge.