TICK (Spurs), TICK(Atalanta), BOOM!(City)

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Seems our inept board has pulled a worldie and not sacked Ole. Seems like he has got the next three games to save his job. 7 or 9 points will do it but i think even 4 points won't be enough.

I think we draw with spurs, beat atalanta and lose to city finally ending the Ole era.

It makes sense too with the international break after that and some time for the new manager before more tough games.

What do you think these three games will bring?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
We'll set up defensively and destroy Tottenham on the break, we'll do the same against Atalanta. We'll set up defensively like last season against Manchester City and draw 1-1.

I'd be happy with that. I just want my club to win footballmatches. I don't care what the mood is, I always want the team to win.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Doesn't really matter. 3 games won't change the fact that he isn't good enough. As usual we are delaying the inevitable.

Deery

Dreary
We’ll beat Atalanta because the players want to stay in CL but I can see them down tools in the PL, there seems to be a lot of negativity with them now.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
You can tell Ole is thinking “you lot wanted me to stop sitting back and counter attacking, well you got your wish and look what happened.” But it’s his job to manage that transition and make it work. If he can’t do that then yeah, let’s go back to sitting deep. Can totally see us go defensive for the rest of the season now his job is on the line.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Seems our inept board has pulled a worldie and not sacked Ole. Seems like he has got the next three games to save his job. 7 or 9 points will do it but i think even 4 points won't be enough.

I think we draw with spurs, beat atalanta and lose to city finally ending the Ole era.

It makes sense too with the international break after that and some time for the new manager before more tough games.

What do you think these three games will bring?
My instinct is saying he's going to lose his job regardless of those three games. To my eyes he has already lost the players, they looked utterly lost on the pitch on Sunday. The next 3 games will be confirmation I think and the board will more than likely (you would hope at least) already coming up with a plan for who our next manager should be.

I think the spur match we could win, I think the Atalanta match will be a lot tougher and I really can't see us beating City on current form, you wouldn't really bet against another heavy loss.

Denis79

Ole's tactic has always been dependant on the form and magic of his players. We're in one of those periods of terrible form, like we've had every season with Ole. I just hope we get our act together before the City game or it could get very ugly.

passtheball

That club tweet is really quite outrageous. The next three games? Is that how one of the biggest clubs in the world plans its season?

And what happens if he wins the next 3 games? Or wins 2 and draws one? We will still be 8-10 behinds the leaders (at best), and that will convince the board that he deserves to stay on as manager? This club is a shambles.

We'll set up defensively and destroy Tottenham on the break, we'll do the same against Atalanta. We'll set up defensively like last season against Manchester City and draw 1-1.

I'd be happy with that. I just want my club to win footballmatches. I don't care what the mood is, I always want the team to win.
"Self-identity as a Top Red" > United as usual.

BorisManUtd

Not happening this time imo. Last season yes, now we look broken though. Even Spurs will be favourites and think after few seasons time has come for Pep to beat us at Old Trafford again (in PL). We won't be able to cope with City like we couldn't with Liverpool. Rock bottom atm.

If he is to stay for those 3 games, then I don't expect much against Spurs and City (1 point out of 6 at best), but I would hope or at least a point against Atalanta so we get closer to passing group stages.

LoneStar

Please win the CL game. We might have a small chance of doing something like Chelsea with the next manager.

We are probably going to battle it out with Leicester for the top 4 regardless it's looking like.

Widow

I can see us beating Spurs but Atalanta away will be very tough. We've just seen they are a tidy outfit. City will pound us.

Ole's time is coming to an end.

Someone

Something
The players know he'll be sacked soon, so it'll be just more of the same. Nuts to think that things could get better. We're damaging our top 4 chances at this point. Incredibly incompetent leadership.

I don't want another humiliation by City, it's been a nightmare since yesterday.

Nickelodeon

Spurs are as bad as us. We'll lose the other two. City one would be a thrashing.

What leadership where massive humiliation leads to no change.

RUCK4444

You can tell Ole is thinking “you lot wanted me to stop sitting back and counter attacking, well you got your wish and look what happened.” But it’s his job to manage that transition and make it work. If he can’t do that then yeah, let’s go back to sitting deep. Can totally see us go defensive for the rest of the season now his job is on the line.
Agree on this. Unfortunately he knows he needs to transition to a pressing style with the squad, that was his vision originally I believe and it’s what the fans want. But he’s struggling to transition in what is his make or break season.

It’s a rock and a hard place for him but it’s on him to be able to handle that transition, he knows that. The squad we have isn’t particularly conducive to the press anyway and it looks like inexperience on the coaching side, him included, and so it’s a bad combination of the two.

Jacob

When a manager loses the players, the Board will act. They have no other option.

Skills

Snitch

Ah we're well and truly fecked then. 3 losses incoming.

redshaw

So fellas (Yeah)
Are y'all with me (err no)
I said fellas (Yeah)
Are y'all with me (no)

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
My instinct is saying he's going to lose his job regardless of those three games. To my eyes he has already lost the players, they looked utterly lost on the pitch on Sunday. The next 3 games will be confirmation I think and the board will more than likely (you would hope at least) already coming up with a plan for who our next manager should be.

I think the spur match we could win, I think the Atalanta match will be a lot tougher and I really can't see us beating City on current form, you wouldn't really bet against another heavy loss.
I hope so too and at the very least this will be the final funeral march. Don't get me wrong Ole should have been gone and everyday he isn't is a day we are wasting but with our terrible board and owners , this seems more likely.

koop

I doubt we win any of them. Unless he has the bottle to change the formation/lineup and ditch McFred + Maguire.
We should easily beat Spurs and Atlanta but it's kind of been the opposite this season hasn't it.
Against City we will get torn apart similar to Liverpool game.

MUFC OK

Yeah, and Ole to stay in the job long term. At this stage, with the players we've got, counterattacking football shouldn't be a consideration.

DickDastardly

I know we all hate the "I hope we lose so x could get fired" attitude......

And the incoming "BUT" is incoming.

But, have to say, yesterday made me feel emocionally empty for Ole and partially about the club at this moment.
Yes, i know it's stupid, but i identify this club not only by it's players - but with the man who's leading them - the coach.

And i lost all faith in Ole. I'm now at the moment where i DON'T WANT him to succeed. I just want him gone.

Apparantly - our board still hasn't fired him, nor they intend to.
So, that means we need to get humiliated - AGAIN. (like yesterday wasn't enough).

I'd take a humiliating defeat to any of the 3 if it means Ole get's the sack.

There, I said it.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Agree on this. Unfortunately he knows he needs to transition to a pressing style with the squad, that was his vision originally I believe and it’s what the fans want. But he’s struggling to transition in what is his make or break season.

It’s a rock and a hard place for him but it’s on him to be able to handle that transition, he knows that. The squad we have isn’t particularly conducive to the press anyway and it looks like inexperience on the coaching side, him included, and so it’s a bad combination of the two.
How could you possibly think that he’s trying to transition to a pressing style?

No way that any club would make a keeper like DeGea (who won’t push up and can’t distribute) the best paid keeper in the league or recruit a statement player like Ronaldo (who has the lowest pressing stats out of all the strikers in the top 5 European leagues) if they had any intention of transitioning from a low block / counter attack style of play into a modern pressing side.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I don't think this United team is capable of setting out defensively successfully against anyone at the present time.

The players heads have gone. Structurally and mentally I think they've given up on the 'project'.

El Zoido

City won’t hold back like Liverpool did in the second half. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us ship another five goals or more, but at least they don’t have anyone as good at sticking the ball away as Salah. If I was a Liverpool fan I’d be disappointed at not going for a record score. Honestly they could have scored ten yesterday if they wanted to.

AshRK

And by the time the city Boom happens, our season will also be a Boom. New manager is just going to play for top 4. Another season wasted thanks to the incompetent board backing and rewarding an incompetent manager.

Sviken

I want him out, even if we win the next 3. The guy is not fit to be the manager of Manchester United and that is painfully obvious. No amount of papering is ever going to make that go away.

RoyH1

We'll draw with Spurs and then lose to Atalanta and City imo.

Josh 76

City won’t hold back like Liverpool did in the second half. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us ship another five goals or more, but at least they don’t have anyone as good at sticking the ball away as Salah. If I was a Liverpool fan I’d be disappointed at not going for a record score. Honestly they could have scored ten yesterday if they wanted to.
That's what Carragher was saying. 5-0 up against 10 men with 30 mins to play. They will never ever get a chance to have inflicted the ultimate humiliation the football world has ever seen.

Red Star One

Disgraceful decision to continue after yesterday.
Spurs look bad and I don’t think we lose against them. Atalanta is 50/50 but lads will be motivated and even Ole tactical masterclass shouldn’t ruin that. City I fear trashing. Could be 4 point and very bad moods after those 3 games.