TICK (Spurs), TICK(Atalanta), BOOM!(City)

RUCK4444

How could you possibly think that he’s trying to transition to a pressing style?

No way that any club would make a keeper like DeGea (who won’t push up and can’t distribute) the best paid keeper in the league or recruit a statement player like Ronaldo (who has the lowest pressing stats out of all the strikers in the top 5 European leagues) if they had any intention of transitioning from a low block / counter attack style of play into a modern pressing side.
We retained De Gea because he’s our best keeper and we couldn’t afford to let Ronaldo go to city.

I mean you can see we are trying to press in games but we are just making a mess of it, it’s also how he tried to play when he arrived then changed to a counterattack style when he realised it better suited the players, he will no doubt do the same now.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Let's see

Pogba giving him a big EF You
De Gea openly says we plays like kids
Ronaldo... He's Ronnie
Dalot would feel he's thrown into the lion's mouth subbed at what? 4-0?
Bruno?
Maguire?

If this was our United under SAF I'd bet my house we'll win the next match as a show of intent, with this lot?

MiracleInMadrid

Fairly sure that we will draw against Spurs, win at Atalanta and lose to City, and it will keep Ole nice and safely in the job.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Yeah, and Ole to stay in the job long term. At this stage, with the players we've got, counterattacking football shouldn't be a consideration.
Of course I do. Its about football romance. But he needs to find success, and fast.

The worst thing is short term manager projects. The very idea is nauseating.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
That club tweet is really quite outrageous. The next three games? Is that how one of the biggest clubs in the world plans its season?

And what happens if he wins the next 3 games? Or wins 2 and draws one? We will still be 8-10 behinds the leaders (at best), and that will convince the board that he deserves to stay on as manager? This club is a shambles.

"Self-identity as a Top Red" > United as usual.
I'm confused. Criticism for wanting the team to win?

MUFC OK

Of course I do. Its about football romance. But he needs to find success, and fast.

The worst thing is short term manager projects. The very idea is nauseating.
The worst thing is having a world class squad of players, many of whom are wasting their time/talent, playing terrible football and losing 5-0 at home to your biggest rivals without consequence. That's WAY worse.

kg2k16

Could you all please explain something to me?
Doesn't Ole has the decency to resign of the job after a humiliation like yesterday? Even just pretend that he is ready to face the consequences. Just say something like "my resignation is on the table, the management can decide". I really don't get. Is it about the money?
Even at a pub level or at small amateur village team, when a bitter rival humiliates you like that, you have the urgency to resign. It is the decent thing to do.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The worst thing is having a world class squad of players, many of whom are wasting their time/talent, playing terrible football and losing 5-0 at home to your biggest rivals without consequence. That's WAY worse.
Then they can start playing better.

ShinjiNinja26

I hate this ‘insert arbitrary number of games to save his job’ shite. What’s going to change in the next 3 games exactly? We’re at rock bottom right now and it’s pretty damn evident Ole ain’t the man to take us forward. Why drop more points and suffer further humiliation by prolonging the inevitable? Absolute backwards thinking.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
How about some ideas and working on things on the training ground then? You've got to be taking the p*ss at this stage.
Or. And this is a very outrageous idea: Don't make massive personal mistakes you shouldnt be doing regardless of what theyre doing on the training ground.

RazorOz

Tottenham are shocking really, if we lose that game it's a new low given how bad they also look. The Atalanta game is hard to predict, we've had many disastrous away days in Europe over the last few years, it could easily be another which would leave us in huge danger of qualifying from the group, but it's also easily the kind of game we could win and effectively be qualified from the group. The Man City game it's really hard to see anything but a loss right now, if you watched the 2 games of the respective teams this weekend, they look on a different planet.

You can even go longer than those fixtures though. If you look at our next 5 league games, in current form it's pretty easy to envisage us getting about 5 points. There's a nice run of fixtures after that, but it's hard to see how any manager could survive until then if results aren't delivered in the next 5 games. The Champions League also has the potential to go very wrong. We have away games to Atalanta and Villarreal in that time frame. We could easily be qualified after those games, but we have thrown in stinker after stinker in away games like that in the CL in the last few years, do that and we could also be out by match day 6.

You'd think the week before the next international break is critical. If we don't win any of those games, it's hard to see Solskjaer surviving beyond the next international break, the gap to the top 4 would likely panic the board into action then.

MUFC OK

Or. And this is a very outrageous idea: Don't make massive personal mistakes you shouldnt be doing regardless of what theyre doing on the training ground.
The players didn’t play well. They can’t have when we lost 5-0. Give me one reason solskjaer shouldnt be sacked.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The players didn’t play well. They can’t have when we lost 5-0. Give me one reason solskjaer shouldnt be sacked.
There are no reasons Solskjær shouldnt be sacked.

I'll still happily accuse the players of playing poorly.

Todd

The Spurs match is the only one I think we stand a chance of winning but given that we're guaranteed to give up at least one goal in every match I could see 1-1.

Away to Atalanta is going to be very difficult and I expect they'll win, and City will crush us.

Sviken

Then they can start playing better.
Except Maguire who had an absolute stinker, the rest were lost due to the "system" (whatever that is, because I honestly do not see anything) we play. Most of Liverpool's goals were down to disorganization and not because our players played bad. It doesn't matter what kind of players you get. If they don't know what they should do in the pitch, they'll always look clueless. And what they should do on the pitch is entirely to the coaching staff who either have no idea how to translate their ideas to the players or genuinely have no ideas themselve and let the lads have fun on the pitch.